Scratched screen

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories & Hardware' started by newgen2005, Aug 26, 2019.

1. newgen2005
    OP

newgen2005 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 6, 2015
    I am thinking of buying an unpatched Switch but sadly when I went to view it had a couple of nasty scratches on the screen. One of them was quite deep but from what I could tell it didn’t seem to stand out too much when the unit was on.

Can scratches be removed or made better buy using a screen protector? I remember I had a 3DS and it had a slight scratch, when I put a screen protector on it was no long noticeable.

Other than replacing the screen can I make it any better?

2. SolidSnakeUk89

SolidSnakeUk89 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 20, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Around the world
    naaah screen protectors only make it look funny when the scratch is too deep.
    I would say, if you can feel it with your nail, is too deep

new touchscreen are quite cheap on ebay or aliexpress and you only need to put one of them heat cushions on top lol one of them that you can heat up in a microwave.. or you can get a proper one from ifixit .. or a heat gun which is what I do :D

newgen2005 likes this.
  3. newgen2005
    OP

newgen2005 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 6, 2015
    To be honest it will be docked mainly so I’m not overly bothered. If a screen protector would have improved it I would have popped one on.

SolidSnakeUk89 likes this.
  4. SolidSnakeUk89

SolidSnakeUk89 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 20, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Around the world
    you can never go wrong with putting one on anyway :) and they are not expensive so
    I would go for it at least you protect it from further scratching

5. Viri

Viri GBAtemp Addict

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    If you're okay with opening your Switch, you can find a new digitizer for like 10 dollars on eBay. Your digitizer is probably the part that is scratched, not the actual LCD screen

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted