Any advice on how to fix deep Switch screen scratches?

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
A few months ago, I've purchased my first used Nintendo Switch and, sadly, it came with some deep scratches, as shown in the attached image. As the title says, have any of you managed to fix a similar issue? I've seen that some people fixed their scratches with some paint or acrylic car polish compounds and similar. It's just touch screen that's damaged, screen's perfectly fine. And, nope, no issues with the touch screen input when going over that scratch.

Attachments

• 20230702_131314.jpg
    20230702_131314.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 26

Hassal

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Why not get a replacement instead? Digitizers aren't expensive they usually go for $20. You can find cheaper in Aliexpress.

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I've never taken apart Switch so I'm not sure whether I'm up to the task. Also, I'm not sure are those third party digitizers better or worse than official Nintendo ones?

Hassal

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
I've never taken apart Switch so I'm not sure whether I'm up to the task. Also, I'm not sure are those third party digitizers better or worse than official Nintendo ones?
You can lookup iFixit to judge that for yourself. They have the guides and tools and parts to sell you. What they usually sell is pretty near the original.

Reactions: Blythe93

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty much nomatter what. The only method to fix this would require taking it apart.

Reactions: Blythe93

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol