Hardware Scratched screen

newgen2005

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am thinking of buying an unpatched Switch but sadly when I went to view it had a couple of nasty scratches on the screen. One of them was quite deep but from what I could tell it didn’t seem to stand out too much when the unit was on.

Can scratches be removed or made better buy using a screen protector? I remember I had a 3DS and it had a slight scratch, when I put a screen protector on it was no long noticeable.

Other than replacing the screen can I make it any better?

SolidSnakeUk89

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am thinking of buying an unpatched Switch but sadly when I went to view it had a couple of nasty scratches on the screen. One of them was quite deep but from what I could tell it didn’t seem to stand out too much when the unit was on.

Can scratches be removed or made better buy using a screen protector? I remember I had a 3DS and it had a slight scratch, when I put a screen protector on it was no long noticeable.

Other than replacing the screen can I make it any better?
naaah screen protectors only make it look funny when the scratch is too deep.
I would say, if you can feel it with your nail, is too deep

new touchscreen are quite cheap on ebay or aliexpress and you only need to put one of them heat cushions on top lol one of them that you can heat up in a microwave.. or you can get a proper one from ifixit .. or a heat gun which is what I do :D

Reactions: newgen2005

SolidSnakeUk89

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
To be honest it will be docked mainly so I’m not overly bothered. If a screen protector would have improved it I would have popped one on.

you can never go wrong with putting one on anyway :) and they are not expensive so
I would go for it at least you protect it from further scratching

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're okay with opening your Switch, you can find a new digitizer for like 10 dollars on eBay. Your digitizer is probably the part that is scratched, not the actual LCD screen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Sounds good actually.