Scene dev Zecoxao teases new $3 modchip for the OLED Nintendo Switch, involves a Raspberry Pi

asddasdsa.png

Scene developer Zecoxao might be known for their contributions to the PlayStation hacking world, but this time around, they've got something major for the Nintendo scene. The longtime scener teased the existence of what they claim to be a $3 modchip for the Nintendo Switch, and which is said to work with Mariko and OLED systems, though not patched Erista consoles. A teaser video was also uploaded, where the modchip itself was revealed to be a Raspberry Pi--specifically, a RP2040 Zero unit, soldered into the Switch board, demonstrating Hekate launching on an OLED unit.

Given the tease of "coming soon", we can expect to see more details about the exploit eventually.

Failed to fetch tweet https://twitter.com/notzecoxao/status/1602079473628856320

Failed to fetch tweet https://twitter.com/notzecoxao/status/1602199810358083587

Donnie-Burger

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Nothing since the original news.

We can make this chip fit inside a V2, lite and oled most likely. Remove usbc port and buttons from chip. Place in same spot as older hwfly chips. Cut alumi heat shield where chip rests. This should be enough to not smash the chip and for no shorting.

saladus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Nothing since the original news.

We can make this chip fit inside a V2, lite and oled most likely. Remove usbc port and buttons from chip. Place in same spot as older hwfly chips. Cut alumi heat shield where chip rests. This should be enough to not smash the chip and for no shorting.
well that much was obvious, now we can just hope the code gets released, but I'm starting to lose hope

Carnagemetal

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This has been fun... I'd like to say, anyway...

I could see this being real, but the radio silence is dumb..
It probs is real but whether it's stable and has ananctive development community will be a different matter.

I anticipated a Christmas day or new years day drop of information but sadly not

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
It probs is real but whether it's stable and has ananctive development community will be a different matter.

I anticipated a Christmas day or new years day drop of information but sadly not
look, eventually we will have something, it is just like the Egg of Columbus, after one do the thing first, others will have an easier path. I don't know since when people are using SBCs as modchips, but since the Picoboot project blew up online, we will eventually see that concept everywhere, the Switch being the most hot target given it's popularity.

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • B @ btjunior:
    ⣠⣀⣤⣶⣶⣶⣶⣤⣤⣤⣤⣄⡀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣀⣤⣤⣤⣶⣶⣶⣶⣬⣒⢦⡀⡾⠛⠉⠉⢀⣀⣈⣉⣉⣉⣻⠛⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠙⢛⣛⣉⣉⣉⣉⣀⠀⠉⠙⠻⢮⠀⠀⣀⠴⢲⣶⣶⣶⠶⡦⠄⢷⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⠃⠴⡶⢶⣶⣶⢶⠲⢤⡀⠀⠀⠀⠘⠓⠤⠼⠿⠿⠿⠥⠽⠄⠘⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⠂⠼⠥⠽⠿⠿⠿⠤⠖⠛⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⡾⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⡟⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣠⠞⠀⠀⡞⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣠⡤⠤⠶⠞⠋⠁⠀⠀⣸⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠸⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡟⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wut
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    tuW
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @K3Nv2 wait, if rez's name is steve, then, oh no
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Lmao
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I'm not Steve.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    is that where we are now? shipping users on gbatemp?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (looks at luke x leo) except them lmao
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah I had to guillotine some users over it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But it wasn't the head I was chopping off
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did Leo end up getting snipped haven't heard him crying about anything in a while
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Yea, he got banned.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably on reddit crying about it or buying vpns
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I think luke too, and tiger is still here
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Luke is gone.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, cuz he got banned or gone gone?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @BakerMan your thread is low, where's the newest baked goods?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gone to Mar A Lago for the honeymoon
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, he is busy baking men
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    BakerMan baked the wedding cake
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Zuer here- - he has joined the darkside
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Zuer here- - he has joined the darkside