Take your heart
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
8115_fullsize.jpg

QUOTE said:
Michael Denny, VP of Sony Worldwide Studios Europe, came to this year’s Eurogamer expo with one clear intention: to make us want a Playstation Vita and to make us want one bad. Upon learning that attendees of his keynote speech were in with a chance of winning the new handheld, I rushed straight to the expo’s conference room to find out more.
Denny opened proceedings by announcing that the PS Vita “will create the richest and deepest gaming experience available on any portable device.” Focussing largely on the system’s power and functionality, the Sony man reeled off a slew of titles coming to hardware, which he insisted included “fantastic Playstation franchises” as well as “exciting new IPs”.

With introductions out of the way, Denny handed the stage over to Studio Liverpool’s Graeme Ankers, who was here to talk to us about his upcoming title, Wipeout 2048. Set 37 years in the future, this entry into the long-serving racing series comes as more of a reboot than sequel, as it takes place at the dawn of the sport. Described by Denny as a “graphical showcase”, it was clear this game had been brought in to highlight the Vita’s processing power and after a short demonstration, it was easy to see why.
As we watched live footage of two of the game’s tracks, Ankers was able to talk us through the features unique to Wipeout 2048. In addition to including touch and tilt controls, the game will enable players to challenge PS3 users through the console’s cross-play functionality. It was also revealed that the tracks had been made wider to provide for more heated race encounters.
With 10 tracks in total, as well as 20 new ships, it came as little surprise to hear that Wipeout 2048 will be the “biggest” Wipeout yet. With his presentation at a close, Ankers reminded the audience that they could add the game on facebook or follow it on twitter.

Next on the agenda was LittleBigPlanet. After a brief introduction from Denny, XDev executive producer, Pete Smith, was brought on stage to tell us more.
“We realised this was a fantastic opportunity to create a completely new game with completely different gameplay experiences,” explained Smith in his thick scouse accent. “We also knew we could make the game much more accessible using the touch interface, which is something we strive to do with every version of LittleBigPlanet.”
It wasn't long before the series’ long-standing motto: “Play, Create, Share” was brought into the conversation. Assuring us that “play is the most important aspect of the game”, the XDev head went on to demonstrate a Carnival level fresh from the upcoming title. This included a block puzzle which could only be solved by using both the front and rear touch controls.

Focus was then shifted onto the game’s creation aspect. LBP Vita will feature all the tools native to the Playstation 3 versions as well some completely new tools incorporating the handheld's unique functions. It’s no surprise then, that Denny refers to the game as a “creator’s dream”. What’s more, players will even be able to share their levels on the go thanks to the system’s 3G and Wi-Fi capabilities.
Closing with “LittleBigPlanet and Playstation Vita are a perfect match,” Smith left the stage in preparation for our third and final Vita demonstration. The last game on show was Reality Fighters, a beat em’ up title which utilises the console's augmented reality functions.
Unlike traditional AR games, like Eye-pet and Invizimals, the PS Vita is able to use multiple markers to provide a more complex AR experience. In addition to being able to scan in your face and turn yourself into a playable character, Reality Fighters lets you use your own surroundings as battle environments.

Although this technology looked impressive, on the whole the game seemed more gimmicky than the others on display. Despite Denny’s claims that the PS Vita will be “the platform of choice” for AR gaming, the technology still looked to be in its infancy.
With the presentation over, Denny announced the rules of the competition I had been so eagerly awaiting. Under each of our chairs were envelopes carrying Vita brochures. Whoever had a red brochure would automatically win a Vita console and games, to be claimed at launch. Needless to say I wasn't the winner.
I might not have won a PS Vita, but I did get to spend some time with one on the show floor. While I was only able to play 10 minutes of Uncharted: Golden Abyss, it was clear that Denny’s praise for the system was more than just hot air. The Vita’s touch screen was very responsive and aiming Drake’s sniper rifle with in-built gyro felt functional and intuitive. The demand for dedicated handhelds may be on the wan, but the Vita is fast shaping up to be best in class.
Source
8120_fullsize.jpg

8116_fullsize.jpg

8119_fullsize.jpg

Dingoo-fan 32

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
FireGrey said:
Well i'll be sitting in my chair laughing while everyone gets a PSVita and gets their credit card stolen, that's right im a horrible person!

Oh yeah, just like me! (i was thinking on buying a vita, but will buy a Wii U instead)
mthrnitesmiley.gif

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Oveneise said:
DAMN! I want one! Just too bad I'll never be able to afford one.
laugh.gif
250 dollars is too much for you?!

OT: Damn that Wipeout screenshot looks epic. I'm really looking forward to this. If GTA San Andreas stories gets an announcement I'm buying it immediately
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1