Hacking Savemii Forwarder?

xpoverzion

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Does anybody know anything about the availability of a Savemii forwarder, or if such a thing exists. My search so far has come up empty. It would be nice to just start savemii straight from the Wii U home screen, without having to go into the Homebrew menu first. If a Savemii forwarder does not exist, any chance one you brilliant hacker/programmers out there could make one that is installable via WUP Installer GX2?

Thanks in advance:).

Last edited by xpoverzion,

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use HaxChi to create any forwader you want. The icon might suck but it works. You can use HaxChi as a forwader and an entry point. I have several "HaxChi forwaders". You can download a non legit DS game with Wii U USB Helper and then install HaxChi over the top of it. Set your default option on the HaxChi config file to boot whatever homebrew elf you want. You just can't launch it unless you're already in CFW mode. Since I have CBHC I'm always in CFW mode so all my "HaxChi forwarders" work on boot.

Last edited by Kafluke,

Iam2smart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anybody know anything about the availability of a Savemii forwarder, or if such a thing exists. My search so far has come up empty. It would be nice to just start savemii straight from the Wii U home screen, without having to go into the Homebrew menu first. If a Savemii forwarder does not exist, any chance one you brilliant hacker/programmers out there could make one that is installable via WUP Installer GX2?

Thanks in advance:).
https://gbatemp.net/threads/cfg-usb-loader-wii-u-forwarder.487914/page-2#post-7661854 here is a link to my thread I can help you there

TheTechGenius

</Web Dev>
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, like Kafluke said, as long as you already have a way to launch CFW, you can use Haxchi to setup any forwarder you like. Its just when you install another Haxchi on your WiiU, make sure to install it on a different compatible DS game, you can use USB Helper to download the non legit DS game to use with your custom haxchi forwarder. Just change the install config file BEFORE you install a new haxchi.

I have TCP Gecko setup like that, so I barely ever have to go into the homebrew launcher anymore, because everything I need is on the WiiU Main Menu.

Just make sure if you don't have CBHC, to launch CFW before you try to launch the Custom Haxchi Forwarder, since it will be using a non legit DS title.

As for the icon and logo images, you can actually make your own for your custom haxchi forwarder.

Here is a guide for creating your own TGA images to use with the Haxchi Installer - https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-create-edit-tga-files-for-haxchi.465027/

Here are the images I created for use with the TCP Gecko Haxchi Forwarder when I followed the guide - https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-create-edit-tga-files-for-haxchi.465027/page-2#post-7301162

Reactions: Kafluke

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • crafthp434 @ crafthp434:
    yeah
    ?
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    it doesn't exist, at least not for aroma
    ohhhhh
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    on tiramisu you can access it by opening mii maker
    okay
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I don't have a wii u anymore to test it myself, but if homebrews are not visible on the wii u menu I think you can press L + R + minus to open the plugin menu, there should be an option called "homebrews on wii u menu" or something similar
    nope
    it is L+dpad down+ select
    but homebrew is appearing in the home menu btw
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    yes, now I remember it
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    then it is working, I also don't like that they did this but it is the only option you have if you are using aroma
    i just didint know the homebrew launcher didint exist in aroma
    thanks btw
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im downloading fallout 3 goty edition
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm downloading more ram for my hamster pc
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    New hamster PC, with anal operation and BT connectivity!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, How do I make enemies respawn on gdevelop after
    the player dies?
    Carrying a PC or phone is so old school!
    Squeeze your cheeks twice to answer calls!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty you can use a "spawner" function on any object.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or when your player dies, you can say in code, if enemy exists, do nothing, but if enemy does not exist, then create enemy at certain spot. (This would be a pain tho for lots of emeies)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Easiest, simple way would be just restart scene, but player would restart from beginning.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, thx in advance
    +1
  • Spider2190 @ Spider2190:
    Heya
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Spider2190, hi