fhabio

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Good morning to all
biggrin.gif

i used a pc emulator for n64, snes and master system and i used the function "save a slot" so i can save in any point of the game and then i can load the game exactly at that point.

for example i have DE BLOB for WII and i must save only at the end of the level ( after 20/30 minutes of gameplay ). Is there a software for Wii that save a slot of the game like the pc emulator?

Thanxs :-)

FHABIO

mrtankjump

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That feature is called real time save, and it works by looking at the machine's memory and copying all of it to another location. This is easily done with emulators, because the memory of the machine is emulated, so it's much easier to deal with. If it's even possible for the Wii, someone would have to make a in-game menu first, kind of like a loader, but it gives access to functions during a game, instead before. If someone could actually achieve that(which would be extremely useful, you could change the region on the fly, alter video mode, take screenshots, enable/disable cheats etc.), then someone would have to add the functionality of copying all the existing data in ram, which as far as I know would be quite difficult because the ram is almost always(if not always) fully occupied by the software that is running, and the before said in-game menu would take even more, so there wouldn't be a lot of working room to copy over all that data.

Hopefully an in-game menu is possible and the genius hackers are looking into it, but I haven't seen it done on other consoles, so I don't think it's going to happen on the Wii.

Agjsdfd

My title
Trophies
XP
Country
Right now it is not possible. In the future it might be possible to do so, through the backup launcher or any other application.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1