Hacking Save files on new Acekard 2, not detecting, but still there.

Nerd_Rage

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i searched, please direct me to a topic if I somehow missed it with my searching, but I recently updated to 1.6 firmware for the Acekard 2, everything runs fine and everything works great except my save files aren't being detected, I changed my save slots multiple times to see if it could find them, no luck. All my save files are still in the micro sd, still fine, with the new games i started it made new saves, didn't overwrite the old ones. Is it a huge deal if i have to restart everything? Not.. really.. I'd absolutely regret updating though. I spent many hours on these, I even tried removing everything except the game folder, putting game folder onto desktop, and formatting, then replacing everything again, but no luck. Can these save files not be used on the new firmware? I'm not really sure what to do now.. I can't downgrade back to an old one because then a few of my games wouldnt work (most notably, HeartGold) Troubleshooting? Topic with the answer that I missed? Am i just SOL and I have to restart everything? Q_Q

Masked Ranger

Trophies
XP
Country
You did not search enough. This question has been answered plenty of times.

Make sure that your save files are *.sav and not *.nds.sav or *.SAV. Make sure that you have set up AKAIO to use *.sav files.

Nerd_Rage

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay how do I set up AKAIO, because they are still .sav files >_>. I just don't get why it would do it because i updated, it never did it before..

Masked Ranger

Trophies
XP
Country
Nerd_Rage said:
Okay how do I set up AKAIO, because they are still .sav files >_>. I just don't get why it would do it because i updated, it never did it before..
Well, all you said was that you updated. You never said what you were updating from. Because of that, we have to assume "the worst".

HELP -- My .SAV files are gone or not working, why?
Some users reported that .SAV files were being overwritten and recreated as ROM-name.sav (lowercase) when updateing to AKAIO 1.6 RC1. Users who update should always back up their sav files. In some cases users will need to rename their files to a lowercase extension. The problem appears to be a devkit bug. Files shorter than 8.3 characters are being renamed with an uppercase .SAV, files using Long File Names are being renamed/created with a lowercase .sav. .SAV can be renamed .sav and vice versa.
(from the Acekard wiki)

Boot up the Acekard. Go to Start -> System Options -> File System Settings -> Save Ext. and make sure it's showing ".sav".

Nerd_Rage

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I found out that they ARE .nds.sav files, switching to .sav files I was able to play them, but my HeartGold file was saved as a .sav not .nds.sav. To convert that all I gotta do is type .nds to the end of the save file in the acekard folder? Or is it more complicated?

Hah, nvm, I did that and my pokemon save works, thanks much Masked. I'll search more carefully next time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh