ROM Hack Save editing: Bravely Default

Doredialilligan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Thank you @EclipseSin for come back :) Also, thank you @sweatbox for your interest in help us :)
I hex edit the game since I started to play. I have Lv.99 Tiz, all jobs mastered for Tiz and Agnes and Max Money. The values that @EclipseSin wrote are for every job mastered of this two, even if he said that it was "unfinished"

When I put 9,999,999PG, I can edit Agnes, Edea and Ringabel abilities, but when I try to change Tiz abilities, the game chash. The solution? Spend a good amount of PG and when I did it, I was able to change Tiz Job Command and Support Abilities.

I think that a hex edit for "All Items" would be great, but with the hex edit of the money I have bought all the items of every shop and the Adventurer. With that I want to say that if it is a very difficult hex edit, we don't really need it, only it would be great for the final battle.

I really want to help, but I don't know very well how I could. You can count on me for everything you need :)

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you @EclipseSin for come back :) Also, thank you @sweatbox for your interest in help us :)
I hex edit the game since I started to play. I have Lv.99 Tiz, all jobs mastered for Tiz and Agnes and Max Money. The values that @EclipseSin wrote are for every job mastered of this two, even if he said that it was "unfinished"

When I put 9,999,999PG, I can edit Agnes, Edea and Ringabel abilities, but when I try to change Tiz abilities, the game chash. The solution? Spend a good amount of PG and when I did it, I was able to change Tiz Job Command and Support Abilities.

I think that a hex edit for "All Items" would be great, but with the hex edit of the money I have bought all the items of every shop and the Adventurer. With that I want to say that if it is a very difficult hex edit, we don't really need it, only it would be great for the final battle.

I really want to help, but I don't know very well how I could. You can count on me for everything you need :)
The reason I was looking for information on items is to see what might be in the game, but not obtainable. As you may have noticed, the game doesn't have 500 different of each swords, lances, and daggers like other games. So I was hoping if anyone figured out items, we could maybe mine some hidden items, even if just to be cool for having a useless item. Ha. :) All items is not a big deal, as you said.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thanks, I will be interested in it and will buy me a copy asap. It looks really great.

Back to topic ^^
So the issue comes from the money or from the job-manipulation?
Because ak!1 recommands 00FFFF4F=4,194,300pg out of 9,999,999 max. What do you guess?
I use FFFFFF7F (0x7FFFFFFF) because it's the max value most things can use without going into pointers (from my understanding). I think the problem comes from money yes, but Dore has said to spend a bunch and it works! What I originally did, was said fought countless battles on the start island to get to level 12 or so, said forget money til beginning of chapter 1, then used my values. The only issue I have after this was increased ability count and abilities were no longer equipped. Just have to equip again.

sweatbox

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sooo closed beta is ready :) The 7 Button version. Added a Recommended Money Button. Edea and Ringabel still missing so that buttons are disabled.
Tested it with an 'borrowed' savefile from our sister thread 'Bravely Default Village Save Editor' and it is the same as i had edited with hand. So it should work.

@Doredialilligan
Can you maybe make me some backups?
- First Backup of the moment situation (so you can go back to that)
- All Items (non Clothes) sold, that you can buy from the the save-game-guy (no idea if he had a name but from now on i will call him Bob untill i will know his name)
- Buy 01x all Items (non Clothes) from Bob
- Buy 99x all Items (non Clothes) from Bob

I will try to analyse the differences and with that i can maybe add an Button GetMaxElexires :) That would be the first step in the right direction.

Edit: I will only need the GameX.sav of the modified game slot with a note which one is which

Last edited by sweatbox,
Reactions: Doredialilligan

Doredialilligan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Sooo closed beta is ready :) The 7 Button version. Added a Recommended Money Button. Edea and Ringabel still missing so that buttons are disabled.
Tested it with an 'borrowed' savefile from our sister thread 'Bravely Default Village Save Editor' and it is the same as i had edited with hand. So it should work.

@Doredialilligan
Can you maybe make me some backups?
- First Backup of the moment situation (so you can go back to that)
- All Items (non Clothes) sold, that you can buy from the the save-game-guy (no idea if he had a name but from now on i will call him Bob untill i will know his name)
- Buy 01x all Items (non Clothes) from Bob
- Buy 99x all Items (non Clothes) from Bob

I will try to analyse the differences and with that i can maybe add an Button GetMaxElexires :) That would be the first step in the right direction.

Edit: I will only need the GameX.sav of the modified game slot with a note which one is which
Okey, I will do it later today :)

EDIT: @sweatbox Here are the sav files :)
https://mega.nz/#F!n5ojRDBJ!Bk5WBTuAbGUGT6v1G6yXfw

Last edited by Doredialilligan,
Reactions: sweatbox

GbaTempNews

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone. I wanted to know how you managed to find/change values (money for example) and what file you modified (GAMEx.sav?). Thank you in advance for your answers chao (sorry I'm a beginner). :wacko::P

Doredialilligan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello everyone. I wanted to know how you managed to find/change values (money for example) and what file you modified (GAMEx.sav?). Thank you in advance for your answers chao (sorry I'm a beginner). :wacko::P
We edit the GAMEx.sav file using HxD. I don't know how to find the values, but to change it the only things you need is the offset (something like C032) and the value for that offset (for that, you need to know the max amount of the item that you are going to change) and use a hex calculator. For example, if you want x99 you need to change the value in that offset for 63 (63 is the hex number equivalent for 99)

GbaTempNews

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone, I wanted to know if any of you had managed to find the offset for levels/stats of the characters. For Tiz there are already some discoveries but for remains arghf.... Thanks in advance for your answers. chào :bow::yaynds:

d4mation

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

SoyAlexPop

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
According to the Final Fantasy Wikia, it seems like there should be (unobtainable in the international releases) DLC items for these still on the cartridge. Maybe we could just get access to them by editing the save?

Yeah all of them are in the cartridge but the Waku Waku Warrior but maybe we can duplicate a previous existing one and replace it? and have them all.

Also is there a way to unlock all the D's Journal? because I'm about to beat the game and i missed some scenes involving Derosso and even tho I love the game I'm not really in the mood to play it the NG+ just for the scenes.

joemommasfat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just in case anyone is still working on this, I found a way to modify your money without the possibility of breaking your ability points. What I did was this:
1) Export your GAME0.sav file. Copy it to GAME0.sav.safe
2) Hack BEEA-BEED to FF FF FF 7F in GAME0.sav and push it back to your game
3) load the game, you will have 9,999,999 pg, but your ability points may be broken (mine were and it caused crashes)
4) Go buy absolutely everything you can. It helps if you have a fully upgraded village and expensive items available at this point. Try to spend all of your money.
5) Save your game and copy GAME0.sav to your computer as GAME0.sav.items
6) Copy the entries of BEEA-BEED from GAME0.sav.safe and place them in BEEA-BEED of GAME0.save.items. Save this as GAME0.sav Now you will have a GAME0.sav with a shit load of items and a valid entry in your money value.
7) push this to your game and sell all of your items for money.
8) Lather, rinse, repeat if you want. I.e. take the money value from this latest save an place it in your ".items" file, sell the items again.

This got me the max amount of money without any glitches.

Ruri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
any ideas about the hex location of the SP drinks which is bought via microtransactions?
Byte 4 in ECSV.sav. The SP points themselves are at position 5, the byte immediately following it, but the game will get confused and won't display your SP total if you set that to higher than 3 (because you're not supposed to be able to have more than 3 SP at once.)

There's something else in there that controls "SP Drink Tickets", which can be exchanged for SP drinks...? I ended up with a huge number of those when randomly poking at ECSV.sav to find where SP points and SP drinks were. I can't find anything at all about them on Google - perhaps they're a dummied out way of getting SP drinks?

(And yes, I know how ancient this thread is, but it's the first Google result, so I figure it might as well have the answer in it.)

Last edited by Ruri,
Reactions: ReaperFourteen

CrookedPoe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know it's been more than a few months since anything was posted in this thread and I apologize for bumping it if it was dead, but it seems like the most appropriate place to talk about my findings. I'm doing a lot of personal research into the game's save file editing, and I'd like to get in contact with some of you who have already looked into this on Discord or something. PM me if you're interested! In the meantime, here's what I found out about the "Max Money" issue that has been breaking ability slots and whatnot.

The total money value occupies four bytes in total: 0xBEEA, 0xBEEB, 0xBEEC, and 0xBEED. The money shares byte 0xBEED with the ability slots, which occupies two bytes: 0xBEED and 0xBEEE.
For my save file, these four bytes are:
Code:
80 31 93 C0

0xBEEA will be 0x00, 0x40, 0x80, or 0xC0. (0, 1, 2, or 3 respectively) * 0x40. This is for numbers that don't divide evenly.
So far, our total amount of money looks like this: [2] 31 93 C0.

0xBEEB, 0xBEEC, and 0xBEED can be reversed in this order: 0xBEED, 0xBEEC, 0xBEEB.
Code:
[2] C0 93 31

Subtract your number of ability slots from 0xBEED.
(If you have 1, subtract 0x40.
If you have 2, subtract 0x80.
If you have 3, subtract 0xC0.
If you have 4, subtract 0x00.
If you have 5, subtract 0x40.)

In my current save, I have 3 ability slots, so we're left with [2] [0] 93 31

Next, combine 0xBEED, 0xBEEC, and 0xBEEB in that order and multiply it by 4. 0x009331 * 4 = 0x024CC4.
In decimal, that equals 150,724.

Finally, add the byte at 0xBEEA (Divided by 0x40) to your total to get a total of 150,726 pg. This is exactly what I have in my game.

We can do the opposite, too, to work out how to get 9,999,999 pg without broken ability slots.

9,999,999 cannot be divided by 4 evenly, so first, let's subtract 3.

9,999,999 - 3 = 9,999,996. In hexadecimal, that is 0x98967C.
Next, divide by 4. 0x98967C / 4 = 0x26259F.
Reverse these bytes. -> 0x9F2526
Add your ((number of ability slots * 0x40) & 0x00FF) to the last byte. 0x26 + 0xC0 = 0xE6
So far we have 0x9F25E6 as our money amount, but we need to add back that three that we subtracted earlier. Simply add the byte 0xC0 (3*0x40) to the front of this value to get 0xC09F25E6.
Finally, if you write the bytes
Code:
C0 9F 25 E6
at 0xBEEA in the save file, you will find in your game that you have a total of 9,999,999 pg with 3 ability slots.

Quite an ordeal.

TL;DR and for those fluent in C# (.NET?)

Code:
using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Linq;
using System.Text;
using System.Threading.Tasks;
using System.IO;

namespace ConsoleApp2
{
    class Program
    {
        static void Main(string[] args)
        {
            byte[] sav = File.ReadAllBytes("GAME0.sav");
            byte[] money = new byte[4];
            money[0] = sav[0xBEEA];
            money[1] = sav[0xBEED];
            money[2] = sav[0xBEEC];
            money[3] = sav[0xBEEB];
            int ablslots = 3;
            money[0] /= 0x40;
            money[1] -= (byte)((ablslots * 0x40) & 0x00FF);

int total_pg = ((((money[1] << 0x10) | (money[2] << 0x08) | (money[3])) * 4) + money[0]);

byte[] EncodeCash(int pg, int abilityslots)
            {
                int slots = ((abilityslots * 0x40) & 0x00FF);
                int add = (pg % 4) * 0x40;
                int cash = (pg - (pg % 4)) / 4;
                byte[] encoded = new byte[4];
                encoded[0] = (byte)add;
                encoded[1] = (byte)((cash & 0x000000FF));
                encoded[2] = (byte)((cash & 0x0000FF00) >> 0x08);
                encoded[3] = (byte)(((cash & 0x00FF0000) >> 0x10) + slots);
                return encoded;
            }

Console.WriteLine(total_pg);
            byte[] encodedcash = EncodeCash(9999999, 3);
            Console.WriteLine(string.Format("{0:X2} {1:X2} {2:X2} {3:X2}", encodedcash[0], encodedcash[1], encodedcash[2], encodedcash[3]));

Console.ReadKey();
        }
    }
}

Last edited by CrookedPoe,
Reactions: Scalpos

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I wonder if anyone's been able to find the hex locations of the stat-raising Buns yet, or better yet the locations of each character's stats.
Because, from experience, changing HP/MP values directly (e.g. checking Tiz's Status and changing 552 base HP - the one in the brackets - to 60,000, via a memory editor) doesn't seem to 'stick' after saving and reloading.

I was lucky enough to land myself a Ba'al that has Unearthly Buns to steal in Bravely Second, back when that game was newer, but unfortunately never could get a Bun-holding (or dropping) Ba'al in Default...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "BS" stands for "Bowel Scraping" because that's what whole grain does.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been eating honey wheat bread scrumptious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge