ROM Hack [Save Edit] Fire Emblem: Awakening (with Ironhax/SDM)

Triforce141

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anyway to hex edit in more characters? I want to have both Morgans (even if one of them won't have proper support conversations)

Triforce141

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So after spending the whole day with Awakening and HxD save editing, I finally got 2 Robins and 2 Morgans.

WVW69iXh1ZMw-AwX02

But there's one major issue I have now, the female Morgan I made cannot be made to be the daughter of male Robin and Nowi or sister of Nah:

WVW69iXh2MM3krmC7j
WVW69iXiGvoHqZMOJH
WVW69iXh2bcCQC1_Ys
WVW69iXh29wHsBQ2ep

I think it the reason for it was because both the Robin and Morgan I made were edits from the Avatar Logbook, while Robin is not much of an issue as simply changing his character data from logbook Robin (02) to story Robin (00). Morgan was the bigger issue since I don't know how to create new /duplicate characters all together, and using the default Robins wouldn't change the portraits and map sprites of the Morgans, so I had to use a custom build to resemble f!Morgan, not only that, but Robin builds aren't made as children, so f!Morgan's parent lines do not match up with any of the other children in the game.

Female Robin (Left) & Male Morgan (Right): Already in the game
JKchw8Q.png
WwLLcvo.png

Male Robin (Left) & Female Morgan (Right): Put in the game by hacks
MlgdbZS.png
CKgbvi9.png

Is it even possible to get parent lines onto f!morgan, or copy / duplicate / replicate male Morgan's data into an empty unit slot to get a f!Morgan, I'm not that experienced?

PedroKeitawa

Trophies
Website
natsunokaze.altervista.org
XP
Country
Italy
Ok i read all posts and i found so many very good stuff here. Im very intrested for the all Item 99 and make MU Male and MU Female married for have two morgan, i try to do this but im not very good with this. If some body can help me? ^^"

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Since this game has variable offsets, it would be hard to do a save editor like PKHex, right? The game offsets grow which each new character, after all.

Triforce141

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok i read all posts and i found so many very good stuff here. Im very intrested for the all Item 99 and make MU Male and MU Female married for have two morgan, i try to do this but im not very good with this. If some body can help me? ^^"
I still can't get both Robins to hook up, their Morgans can though.
WVW69iXoh2Elo6bgAZ

But you can still get all unique Robins and Morgans
  • Simply create a Robin for the avatar logbook from another file that's not the one you want the 2 Robins
  • Recruit that Robin into the save you want the Robins/Morgans and delete the logbook data for the Robin you just got
  • Go into a Hex Editor and find the values for that Robin
    • Ignore the Offsets, use the hex editor's search to find the values and name similar to this
    • zPhJQma.png
  • The character data starts with the 07 that's highlighted on the image above, but the 2nd number (00) will be 02 (for logbook Robin) by default
  • Change that number to either 00 (Male Robin) 01 (Female Robin) 27 (Male Morgan) or 28 (Female Morgan)
    • If you're going for a second Morgan, I recommend you get the first Morgan first, as you will want to copy some data from that first Morgan. And get the other Robin you made to marry someone for the values they have.
    • Copy the highlighted data from real Morgan (left) and overwrite the highlighted logbook data from the other Morgan (right) if you want them to work correctly (Values will vary)
      • The location of the bytes on the picture below is ~13-14 lines after the initial 07 from the upper picture
    • AEm0hYo.png

rainparadesamurai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yo if anyone plans on making a save editor, I'd like to suggest an "all items in inventory option". I always loved using that code in the previous games, it would be great if that were made possible for this game as well. I guess just a save editor that allows for inventory editing would be great too.

Armchair

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since this game has variable offsets, it would be hard to do a save editor like PKHex, right? The game offsets grow which each new character, after all.
I've never written a save editor program, but the fact that the save file's size is variable prevents us from just jumping to the same static location to make a change. To make an editor, we'd need more comprehensive knowledge of how the save file is put together. Enough to take all the pieces apart, make our changes, and then put them all back together again.

I think most of us have just been using trial and error to solve our own pet projects instead of looking at the big picture of the save file as a whole. I haven't been looked yet, but I suspect that there may be some pointers near the start of the save file that define the appropriate offsets to each section of the save file. Alternatively it may rely on some delimiting character to signify the border between sections. Those are just my suspicions, I haven't checked yet.

I can help with the items.

First you need to locate the convoy's inventory in your save file.
1: Export your save. Let's call this "Save A"
2: Launch the game again, then go to a shop and sell a "bronze sword" and a "reeking box."
3: Save your game and export the save. Let's call this "Save B."
4: Use a hex editor to compare the "Save A" and "Save B"
5: The first byte you're looking for is the location of your bronze swords. Keep comparing the bytes of the two files until you identify a pair that differs by a value of "50" (the durability of a single bronze sword). Write down the address of this byte. Bronze swords are the first item in your inventory, so this is the start of your convoy inventory.
6: The next item you're looking for is the location of your reeking boxes. Keep comparing the bytes until you identify a pair that differs by a value of "1." This location is approximately the end of your convoy's inventory*. Write this byte's address down.
7: Select all of the bytes between two addresses and set their value to "0xFF".
8: Import the save and you'll have more items than you'll ever need (and enough bullion to have more money than you'll ever need).

*The reeking box isn't quite the end of the convoy inventory. I think there are 8 items beyond it, so you can extend the F's another 16 bytes beyond the reeking boxes if you want to. This will give you access to rift doors and supreme emblems. Some of the items there are DLC items, and I don't think you can get them outside of the DLC. At least my inventory says that I can't access those items outside of the outrealm gate.

Kadaz83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
sorry im a lil bit confuse in few steps start from decompress save and compress it back..
the only menu that the save tool have is open & save both compress and decompress..
so basicly what i do is
1.open compressed folder
2.save decompressed folder
3.edit file ( dec folder )
4.open dec folder
4.save compressed folder
5.inject with save data filer

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

know how it works now..Thx..never mind the previous post..

ToyPlushdoll

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've been playing around with this for a while now and I might as well share the more basic editing that people might be interested in.

DVyLMeM.png

The things I've coloured in the above image are (in order):

Red = Character Class.
Class Values's:
http://serenesforest.net/img/fehax/class2.txt

The SerenesForest class list should help you out.
While this may not be completely accurate, this list should also hopefully help:

Soldier = 3D
Villager = 3E
Merchant = 3F
Revenant = 4A
Entombed = 4B
Conqueror = 4C
Lodestar = 4D
Grima = 4E
Mirage = 4F
Dread Fighter = 5A
Bride = 5B

Obviously, if you want to get the classes before Soldier then you just keep counting back.
Numbers should also work, but I recommend you use values like the ones listed above.

Yellow = Every skill (including enemy-only) (I coloured in the bunch of FF's just to make it easier to find).

Green = Character hair colour (obviously this only works with the avatar, Einherjar and the children).

Blue = First item slot ("EC" is the item ID, while "1E" is how many uses/copies it has).
Item Values:
http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=52377&p=3713879

And yes, changing the item value into a weapon a class normally can't wield (such as a Tactician with a Dragonstone) will make them wield that weapon.
However, it will automatically be de-equiped if you pick up an equipable weapon. You also can't re-quip it if you de-equip it. You also can't attack with it (only counter attack).

Purple (Circle) = Extra movement/Boots

2 = one Boots used.
4 = two Boots used.
6 = three Boots used.
etc.
I'm not sure if you can use odd numbers. I haven't tried it.

One more thing.
I tried to change an avatar character (from a logbook) into a different character. Though, everything except their name and portrait appearance chanced.
So, I'm guessing avatar units can't be fully changed into a different character.

EDIT:
If I may ask something:
If anyone figures out how to change class colours/costumes (ex: Owain's yellow Myrmidon outfit) then would you might sharing? Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Birdon

Triforce141

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One more thing.
I tried to change an avatar character (from a logbook) into a different character. Though, everything except their name and portrait appearance chanced.
So, I'm guessing avatar units can't be fully changed into a different character.
Nope, you can change logbook characters into actual units, I now have both Robins and Morgans. I'm planning on adding pre-chapter 13 "Marth" and one of the generic Merchant Anna's into my units soon, check one of my earlier posts from this thread for more details.

Edit: I'm also planning on demoting some of my characters back into their original classes and forcing the stats to a higher cap, because Henry's Dark Mage outfit is awesome, and he does not look good in a Sorcerer outfit at all.

ToyPlushdoll

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nope, you can change logbook characters into actual units, I now have both Robins and Morgans. I'm planning on adding pre-chapter 13 "Marth" and one of the generic Merchant Anna's into my units soon, check one of my earlier posts from this thread for more details.

Edit: I'm also planning on demoting some of my characters back into their original classes and forcing the stats to a higher cap, because Henry's Dark Mage outfit is awesome, and he does not look good in a Sorcerer outfit at all.
Oh, I see.
I'll check it out then! Thanks!

If you find a way to edit the stat caps, then do you mind sharing? I tried to edit Merchant!Anna's stats for hours but they never went past the stat caps.

Oh god, if this lets me turn units into the Soldier-class, I'm sold
You can change units into Soldier.
I turned Donnel into a Soldier.
1XE8cfW.jpeg

(Too lazy to get a Donny picture. :P)

shahanshah

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Amazing. Does that mess up the stat caps?

I have to learn how to hex edit, I'm a sucker for lance-wielding infantry

Triforce141

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention something with adding in Robins from the logbooks, if you do remove the logbook data and change them into another character, there's a chance you might lose all of your misc convoy items like boots, elixers, and other things like forged weapons.

Last edited by Triforce141,

ToyPlushdoll

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I forgot to mention something as well:

I don't recommended changing married units into different characters.
I tried to change Morgan into a different character, but when trying to view Laurant(Morgan's husband)'s status screen the game would crash.
Same thing happened when changing Owain; Cynthia would crash the game.

Amazing. Does that mess up the stat caps?

I have to learn how to hex edit, I'm a sucker for lance-wielding infantry
Just changing classes won't mess up the stat caps. It's like when changing classes through a seal.
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention something with adding in Robins from the logbooks, if you do remove the logbook data and change them into another character, there's a chance you might lost all of your misc convoy items like boots, elixers, and other things like forged weapons.
Can the same thing happen when just updating the unit? I've done it a few times but didn't notice anything.

shahanshah

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I forgot to mention something as well:

I don't recommended changing married units into different characters.
I tried to change Morgan into a different character, but when trying to view Laurant(Morgan's husband)'s status screen the game would crash.
Same thing happened when changing Owain; Cynthia would crash the game.

Just changing classes won't mess up the stat caps. It's like when changing classes through a seal.

Can the same thing happen when just updating the unit? I've done it a few times but didn't notice anything.
Soldiers are tier 1 classes, I believe. Are they viable for end-game?

Triforce141

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've created a simple excel spreadsheet of characters, classes, skills, and items and their hex values:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...RLK2q7f9pDS9XC35OtUI4WzDCw/edit#gid=930957796

Also, whoever wants to edit the children's hair colors to the "default" colors based on their mother/official artwork, I found the hair color codes of their parents within HxD, so here (Inigo, Kjelle, and Morgan have different hair colors than their parents, so I used custom numbers):

Owain: DA D3 BD
Inigo: 99 99 99
Brady: F2 E7 C4
Kjelle: 40 40 40
Cynthia: A1 97 91
Severa: AF 54 54
Gerome: D4 80 85
Morgan: 45 3E 39
Yarne: 48 3E 36
Laurent: 53 24 26
Noire: 48 48 48
Nah: C2 D6 AE

Soldiers are tier 1 classes, I believe. Are they viable for end-game?
On normal, they're hard to use but still not that difficult, but on hard or higher, they are not useful at all.

And I can't use any cheats to make them better? That sucks, but I'll still do it. Can I make super-OP forged weapons to compensate, perhaps?
You can forge them some OP weapons, and give them some skills to make them OP, like Dragonskin giving them effectively x2 defense and resistance along with canceling out counter.

Last edited by Triforce141,
Reactions: SoyAlexPop

shahanshah

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.