Homebrew Save Data Manager and Editor for firmware up to 9.9!

[Truth]

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So, I'm writing on behalf of two friends I'm trying to help hack 99999VR on to their Mario Kart 7 save. They're both using cartridge versions. One has an Old 3DS firmware 9.9. And one has a New 3DS firmware 9.9. All they're getting on their save data manager folders are 'replay' files and system4 and system5. There is no 'Main'. Anyone know how to fix this?
Isn't it forbidden to give support for cheating online in this forum?

Gexilla

Trophies
XP
Country
I think you would get yourself a nice paperweight.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Only reason to get that error is that you tried to boot the game with another cartridge's/console's save.

Backing up, editing, and importing works good.

Just making sure I have this straight. Let's say that I decide to trade in my copy of AC:NL, then later on I decide to buy the game again. Can I inject my old save into the new cartridge I bought?

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Just making sure I have this straight. Let's say that I decide to trade in my copy of AC:NL, then later on I decide to buy the game again. Can I inject my old save into the new cartridge I bought?
No, because of the private headers. On a digital copy it shouldn't be a problem. If you really want it to work, the easiest would be a save transfer tool, then back it up via save tool, and get a digital copy. This way you won't corrupt your save.

It works the same way with power saves aswell, you can't restore what you back up from another cartridge.

QCLasky

Pro cat lover
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

No, because of the private headers. On a digital copy it shouldn't be a problem. If you really want it to work, the easiest would be a save transfer tool, then back it up via save tool, and get a digital copy. This way you won't corrupt your save.

It works the same way with power saves aswell, you can't restore what you back up from another cartridge.

That is not true. I have 2 mario kart 7 carts and I inject one save to another and didnt get any save corruption.
I can make a guide video proof

Clothahump

Trophies
XP
Country

This is incorrect. If it was encrypted save files, yes. But in this case, the data is directly gathered from the save file archive of the game, and inserted into it, which circumvents the whole encryption thing as well as anything related to cartridge headers.

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
This is incorrect. If it was encrypted save files, yes. But in this case, the data is directly gathered from the save file archive of the game, and inserted into it, which circumvents the whole encryption thing as well as anything related to cartridge headers.

So you mean to say that this is a better workaround than backup/restore via powersaves? Last I checked by backing up my save , restoring it onto another copy of the game just rendered the game save useless

Clothahump

Trophies
XP
Country
So you mean to say that this is a better workaround than backup/restore via powersaves? Last I checked by backing up my save , restoring it onto another copy of the game just rendered the game save useless

Whether it's better or not depends. You might end up losing access to homebrew in the future in which case Powersaves would be your only option left. Since external tools (such as Powersaves) work with encrypted savegames, you won't be able to transfer them to different cartridges though.
This tool (savegame_manager and / or svdt) grabs the save file(s) from the game's archive in a decrypted state, which allows transferring them. What rendered your saves useless was probably the anti save restore bytes. Those are mostly present in saves of digital games as having them in cartridge saves doesn't make sense (you couldn't use your cartridge on more than one system, effectively).
That anti save restore problem would apply to Powersaves as well, if cartridges would make use of it.

Reactions: Misledz

SilverGhost420

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can anyone Help. So the ram editor was update not to longago today.
But I need to still need to figure out how to use the hex editor because I want to change the size of my tree I was following this guide but as soon as I restore the save with the changed values from hex editing them I get corrupt data. But if I go to the ram editor the file can still load normally. Not only that I back up my save once then put it away then I will try to reload the save and it gets corrupted and it's the same save that worked before why is this sometimes it will work sometime it won't even if it's the same save. But the hex saves never do.

srwgin

Trophies
XP
Country
China
O3DS ofw 9.9-26J
use ninjhax2.1 with sky3ds
and latest boot.3dsx
after loading homebrew
I change card from sky3ds to pokemon Y
and I can see this card title in region free launcher
but when I choose save manager
it shows target title selector
no adequate target title could be found B cancel
any ideal how to solve problem

Last edited by srwgin,

QCLasky

Pro cat lover
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Can anyone Help. So the ram editor was update not to longago today.
But I need to still need to figure out how to use the hex editor because I want to change the size of my tree I was following this guide but as soon as I restore the save with the changed values from hex editing them I get corrupt data. But if I go to the ram editor the file can still load normally. Not only that I back up my save once then put it away then I will try to reload the save and it gets corrupted and it's the same save that worked before why is this sometimes it will work sometime it won't even if it's the same save. But the hex saves never do.

If you edit any thing in your save using hex editor, you will get a corrupt save no mater what you do.

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I used it on Fantasy Life and got an error :/
but worked with Pokemon Y, what could i do wrong?
Because save data for fantasy life isn't written on the cartridge. It's saved on the system extdata. You need to use flsavetool to extract the save file. Pokemon would work because the save files are written to the cartridge.

Reactions: Krypton_Yugana
D

Deleted User

I am having a problem with this. When I try to load it on Ninjhax 2.0 (Not 2.1) it just won't work. Gives me an error saying
"Get fs:USER handle: 0x0
FSUSER_Initialize: 0x0
Open archive 0xC920454F
Could not access the save data archive! Press X to exit."
What am I doing wrong..?
EDIT: I found the problem.

Last edited by ,

manlego

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It isnt working with my digital games (i tried with ACNL and Luigi's Mansion), but my physical Mario Kart 7 worked fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    Karma177 @ Karma177: do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea? trying to...