Homebrew Save Data Manager and Editor for firmware up to 9.9!

SilverGhost420

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Step by Step Guide For 0% Chance Of A Corrupt Game File.

Hello. This is a step by step guide for using the homebrew's save_manager to have a completely 99.9% chance of not corrupting your 3DS Games.

1. Start Your Game Up Then When it has fully loaded the game u can close it making sure not to power off.
  2. While Your 3DS is still on load the homebrew channel.
  3. Make your way to the save_manager and save your game data with the button A.
  4. Take Your SD Card to your computer and insert it.
  5. Take Your file or file's And copy them in a folder that's not on your SD Card Make Sure you do not edit these with a ram editor.
  6. Rename The files to anything you want the ones you have stored in your safe folder for back up if anything was to go worng.
  7. Now use any ram editor that u need to modify your game file with also make sure it's not the one's you have stored away In the safe folder also make sure the one's you edit have the original name. (Example: (main or garden.dat)). Main for Pokémon and garden.dat for ACNL.
  8. After editing your files rename them to anything you want.
  9. After renaming them put then on your SD Card in the folder:" saveDataBackup".
  10. Rename them back to there original file names. (Example: (main or garden.dat)). If u think that u do not need to rename the file think again. As the file is reset to the original file size because in the move/copy process the file can receive unwanted bytes that can cause the save to be corrupted. So renaming it will refresh it making any added bytes to be removed.
  11. Put your SD Card back in your 3DS and restore the game file with the button B.
  12. Start your game and it should be done you have your new hackd game file.
Note: Renaming the file help me a lot as I like to play ACNL lots I was using the ram editor a lot. I would restore the file then later I was going to restore a newer file. Then my data got corrupted then soon all file's turned out to be corrupted but I knew they were not. The only file save I have that would not get corrupted was a file I have named something else. So then I renamed a file that was showing as corrupted and put it on my SD Card. Then I renamed it when it was on the SD Card. Load the the 3DS up and restore the file started my game. And that Corrupted file that showed Corrupted was no longer Corrupted.

Also. This is the being used with the homebrew save_manager.

D

Deleted User

It isnt working with my digital games (i tried with ACNL and Luigi's Mansion), but my physical Mario Kart 7 worked fine.
If it leaves you with just a glitchy screen, press A to dump, you might see some pixels changing, then go and check! It will work!

ChokingVictim87

Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone help me please?
On PKHEX using an ORAS save,how do I make Pokemon have the contest ribbon animation upon battle entry and also how do I change the colour of my trainer card and have the crystals for beating Battle Maison?

Februarysn0w

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I am having a problem with this. When I try to load it on Ninjhax 2.0 (Not 2.1) it just won't work. Gives me an error saying
"Get fs:USER handle: 0x0
FSUSER_Initialize: 0x0
Open archive 0xC920454F
Could not access the save data archive! Press X to exit."
What am I doing wrong..?
EDIT: I found the problem.

choose the game with Dpad on first menu.

Astoria

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Can someone help me please?
On PKHEX using an ORAS save,how do I make Pokemon have the contest ribbon animation upon battle entry and also how do I change the colour of my trainer card and have the crystals for beating Battle Maison?

You should ask that on Project Pokémon forums, not here.

Ryuzaki_MrL

Green Thunder
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Both save_manager and svdt aren't working with Mario and Luigi Dream Team, it gets stuck at a white screen after selecting the title and before the homebrew startup.
It works with most of my games, except for Smash Bros (which is already known for being "broke" on o3DS)

EDIT: Same issue with Virtue's Last Reward

ArkBlitz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
azkware.ticoblogger.com
XP
Country
I'm having a peculiar issue with one particular cartridge. My Pokémon Y cart had its save file corrupted not long ago, but I managed to recover it with a combination of a PowerSave, some reverse engineering and a bit of PKHeX. However, that's the only cart that doesn't boot on the tool, I've tested other games both digital and physical and none of them show any issues. I've already tried waiting for a while and pressing A to bypass the black screen, with no effect (the lower screen remains completely red if that helps anyhow). Is there a way to make the program load in a verbose mode, to debug the issue better?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hey guys have anyone tried to backup MH4U cant back up mine. it just showing a blank page
I just managed to make a backup of mine. Not that I need it though, I was testing if my console was working. My version is from the eShop by the way.

PascalLeroi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I can't backup any GBA VC Ambassador games. bottom screen just goes red and the top stays black. Is there a solution to this? Thanks in advance :)

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I can't backup any GBA VC Ambassador games. bottom screen just goes red and the top stays black. Is there a solution to this? Thanks in advance :)
Edit: I think I'm wrong... Sorry

Solution, indeed, can be changing your boot.3dsx file (that on SD root directory) for newest provided by Smealum.

Last edited by fmkid,

Kal-El

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can extract saves fine, but when trying to import them back in I just get kicked back to the main menu pretty much instantly after a some text shows up real fast and then a glitchy screen before ironhax again. Using the latest ironhax stuff from smealum so I dunno what the hell I did wrong there

EDIT: Christ I'm dumb as a brick, it was because of the main file in there.

Last edited by Kal-El,

GoodNovember

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I am getting either a White screen of death or a Black screen of death depending on which game save I am trying to backup. I can get out of it by holding the power button, but otherwise it is just dead. Interestingly, the black screen almost reacts if I push the X button, but it just seems to alter the colorful pixelated lines on the upper screen. For smaller games, there does not seem to be a problem, I can back them up just fine, but for big ones (ACNL, MH4U) it hangs and does not let me do anything. I have let it be for a while and no change. Any ideas?

Just because I know it will be asked:
I have updated to the latest IronHax.
I have updated the boot.3dsx in the root of my card.
I am still on 9.9.0.
I am using a rather large card for this: 32gb sdhc, could that be an issue?

I have read that others have been successful at extracting their games using this app and for some of my games that seems to be true, but not all. BTW, I have not had any corruption as a result of these errors and the games sill play fine. Thankfully.

SilverGhost420

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, I am getting either a White screen of death or a Black screen of death depending on which game save I am trying to backup. I can get out of it by holding the power button, but otherwise it is just dead. Interestingly, the black screen almost reacts if I push the X button, but it just seems to alter the colorful pixelated lines on the upper screen. For smaller games, there does not seem to be a problem, I can back them up just fine, but for big ones (ACNL, MH4U) it hangs and does not let me do anything. I have let it be for a while and no change. Any ideas?

Just because I know it will be asked:
I have updated to the latest IronHax.
I have updated the boot.3dsx in the root of my card.
I am still on 9.9.0.
I am using a rather large card for this: 32gb sdhc, could that be an issue?

I have read that others have been successful at extracting their games using this app and for some of my games that seems to be true, but not all. BTW, I have not had any corruption as a result of these errors and the games sill play fine. Thankfully.
Ignore the black screen for acnl and other games just push the button it still works like normal and it not no black screen of death

Zarde_Draco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Please Help! I can't boot Pokémon AS Using the latest Homebrew; It Shows Black Screen on Top and Red On Bottom. Tried Replacing Files, Still the same results.. I'm on Version US 3DS XL Old 10.0! Thank You.

EDIT: Forgot to mean i was trying to run Save Data Manager with my Pokémon AS Cart

Lenoor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Did anyone manage to dump MH4U save with this ? 2DS freezes every time. No problem with other games :/
Idem with the other save manager.

PascalLeroi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Edit: I think I'm wrong... Sorry

Solution, indeed, can be changing your boot.3dsx file (that on SD root directory) for newest provided by Smealum.

Thanks for your answer.
The first boot.3dsx I tried was the one I found on Smealums website, about a week ago. I gave it another shot and downloaded the newest version (don't if there was a newer version, but downloaded it anyway) from the same site. Alas, I have the same results :/ Black screen on top and red screen on the bottom and I can only exit by powering off the N3DS.
Did you manage to backup any GBA VC? if so, can you maybe share your boot.3dsx, because maybe I have been downloading the wrong one multiple times.

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Thanks for your answer.
The first boot.3dsx I tried was the one I found on Smealums website, about a week ago. I gave it another shot and downloaded the newest version (don't if there was a newer version, but downloaded it anyway) from the same site. Alas, I have the same results :/ Black screen on top and red screen on the bottom and I can only exit by powering off the N3DS.
Did you manage to backup any GBA VC? if so, can you maybe share your boot.3dsx, because maybe I have been downloading the wrong one multiple times.
No, I don't have any! Sorry!... Indeed, I'm not sure if save backup works with some GBA VC!... What about if you try with svdt (the other save manager homebrew)?

Edit: And yes, you surelly have latest boot.3dsx!

Reactions: PascalLeroi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: