Saturn on PS4 Saturn-FPKG

AfroJackX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually combined mine due to having errors on a couple games that work (Astal/EJ2) and those fixed it, so I decided to combine all them all with CDmage like I did for the Switch nsps I made, and no more issue. It sounds like that could be the issue.
Interesting, I was able to fix my problem, but I'm not sure if using multi track bin files or deleting old saves is what fixed the issue. Going based off of what you have mentioned, I'm leaning more towards deleting old saves from the ps4 itself being the solution, because I use the same id from saturn games when making a fpkg.

I do have another question if you can answer it. Do multi disc games have to use the same id? Because if they do and there is indeed a save bug, this may be a problem for anyone wanting to use multi disc games with the save state feature. It's not worst thing ever if it does, but it would suck.

Reactions: Rikua

Rikua

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting, I was able to fix my problem, but I'm not sure if using multi track bin files or deleting old saves is what fixed the issue. Going based off of what you have mentioned, I'm leaning more towards deleting old saves from the ps4 itself being the solution, because I use the same id from saturn games when making a fpkg.

I do have another question if you can answer it. Do multi disc games have to use the same id? Because if they do and there is indeed a save bug, this may be a problem for anyone wanting to use multi disc games with the save state feature. It's not worst thing ever if it does, but it would suck.
I actually haven't tried any multi-disc titles yet as most of them take a while to get to the "swap" part of the game and I just don't have the time atm. That would indeed be an issue if they worked the same way, but not one that would be unfixable I'd imagine.

Reactions: AfroJackX

Rikua

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Late to the party but: is there a compatibility wiki for this?

FRMCHK now holds info for injected games for PSP/PSX/PS2/Saturn etc.
From my experience, it seems to be the exact same as the Switch version of the emulator, minus the need to overclock certain titles. All of the bugs/issues (Three dirty dwarves not working, Sprite flicker on Herc's adventures, etc.) seem to be in the PS4 port of Zebra, so its a literal port of a port lol

Reactions: KiiWii

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
From my experience, it seems to be the exact same as the Switch version of the emulator, minus the need to overclock certain titles. All of the bugs/issues (Three dirty dwarves not working, Sprite flicker on Herc's adventures, etc.) seem to be in the PS4 port of Zebra, so its a literal port of a port lol
Thanks for the reply. I’m going to try add as many as I can find, with notes such as [GFX FLICKERING] etc :)

Reactions: Rikua

Rikua

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply. I’m going to try add as many as I can find, with notes such as [GFX FLICKERING] etc :)
No problem, the compatibility is really good on the Switch, and even better on Ps4 in my opinion. That extra power from the PS4 goes a LONG way in fixing a bunch of issues such as input lag, stuttering FMVs, Battle scenes not playing (SFIII), etc. Most if not all of that can be fixed on Switch...with max overclock lol PS4 doesn't need to do much of anything. I will say that the Switch version of the tools are slightly more customizable than the PS4 version allowing for custom borders and such.

Reactions: KiiWii

laz305

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ps2ps4-error.png
Anyone know how to fix this error?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.