Gaming Samurai Warrior Chronicles

Zarxrax

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Or it could even be that in the original Japanese, it used an ambiguous word that doesn't specify the sex, and then in the english version they didn't want to have to program in separate cases for each character.
Just speculating.

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I am back in the story! I ended up in the 4th part in the Western army!
biggrin.gif

Those guys are cool! ;D

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
Kotaro Fuma won't give me his weapon!
I've got him up into Excellent friendship same as I have with Nobunaga and Yoshitsune, but while their weapons are available to me in Change Appearance, Fuma's is not.
Anyone got any insight on this?

canli

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It's the first time I play this kind of game. After some reflection, I bought and i don't regret it.
I love it. The graphics are cool, the 3d effects are great too, the history is well made , it's a sort of strategy game, you can change players, move them where you want, fuse weapons, with the pedometer coins, I can buy money,
the sad thing is that here in belgium, i can't find someone having this game for the streetpass

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
canli said:
It's the first time I play this kind of game. After some reflection, I bought and i don't regret it.
I love it. The graphics are cool, the 3d effects are great too, the history is well made , it's a sort of strategy game, you can change players, move them where you want, fuse weapons, with the pedometer coins, I can buy money,
the sad thing is that here in belgium, i can't find someone having this game for the streetpass
I have the same problem here in Australia.
I've streetpassed about 17 people but none of them have had SWC data to swap.
I don't really mind though. The game is deep enough even without that.
I've put over 40 hours into it now and I'm still loving it.

Oh, in relation to my previous post, it turns out that Kotaro Fuma is the only character whose weapon you can't use on the main character.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dragonkid6 said:
Extremely bad first launch titles for the 3DS but I think this SW spin-off might become a jewel.

If nothing else, the release window should help turn many folks onto the series and allow them to make their own judgment about these types of games. With the pickings this slim, mainstream audiences might be more inclined to give it a try. "Gamers" mostly already know whether or not it's their sort of game.

Wintrale

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
dragonkid6 said:
Extremely bad first launch titles for the 3DS but I think this SW spin-off might become a jewel.

The launch isn't as bad as most make it seem - three games (SSFIV3D, SW:C and TC:SW) worth buying is enough. But there's little denying June is likely to see much more sales than there were in March, April and May combined.

dragonkid6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More like August, all the really good 3DS games I wanted got pushed back, Mario Kart 3DS, Kid Icarus, Resident Evil, etc.. The only June release looking any good is Ocarina of Time....I just checked the listI guess BlazBlue might be nice.

On another note I wish they had expanded on using custom characters for this story but oh well, my only pet peeve about this awesome game^_^

Wintrale

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So what's the best weapon you've found so far? Mine is an Ice Power weapon for the main character that boosts Attack, Defense and Agility. I'm only going to upgrade it with Level 10 weapons. That way, at the very least, they'll all be increased by 40. At the very best, I'll actually be able to pull off a boost of up to 88 each.

The current stats are...

Dawn's Promise - Ice 1
Level 2 ; Power ; Attack 44
Attack - 34
Defense - 39
Agility - 31

digipokemaster

Innocent Uke
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im on part three 1584 and i cant seem to beat it the castle or fort is all ways get taken
my stats are
lv 31
weapon: sword of ambition lv 10 wind attack normal attack 35 agility 32 attack 19 ride 13 defense 10
any help on beating this lv?

and i got some of them characters with smiling face on friendship but do i still got to get high then that to get their weapons in shop

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wintrale said:
So what's the best weapon you've found so far?

Just found my first level-10 weapon, but it didn't seem like anything special -- normal weapon, non-elemental. I just synthed it with something else.

As an aside, I just had a really good battle -- I think it was Chapter 7 -- where you have to defend a castle against Nobunaga. The entire battle was really well designed. I was co-oping with the A.I. characters quite well. Took out all generals/captains, but then Nobunaga whacked out the little kid in like seconds flat (I wasn't playing the kid at the time) -- ended the battle in defeat. Next time, I'll just leave the A.I. outside of the encampment and solo Nobunaga. Seems like my best option.

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
Wintrale said:
So what's the best weapon you've found so far? Mine is an Ice Power weapon for the main character that boosts Attack, Defense and Agility. I'm only going to upgrade it with Level 10 weapons. That way, at the very least, they'll all be increased by 40. At the very best, I'll actually be able to pull off a boost of up to 88 each.

The current stats are...

Dawn's Promise - Ice 1
Level 2 ; Power ; Attack 44
Attack - 34
Defense - 39
Agility - 31
Synthesising with a Level 10 weapon gives at least +6 to each stat, so at the very least they'll all be increased by 60 if you're starting with a level 1 weapon.
I see that your weapon is level 2 though, so that's still at least +54 to each stat.

I have a few quite powerful weapons that I've built through synthesis.
The weapon I'm currently using on my character is one of Hojo's ones.

Crimson Staff Wind 1, Flash 1
Level 10 ; Power ; Attack 47
Musou+ 99
Attack 99
Health 99

I made that one by just synthesising it over and over with Hojo's 4th weapon.

Before that I was using one of Nobunaga's weapons.

Fiend Katana
Level 10 ; Power ; Attack 46
Defence 75
Ride 68
Attack 77

I also have a couple of level 10 weapons that I made for the main character early in the game before I really knew what I was doing.

Dawn's Promise
Level 10 ; Power ; Attack 44
Range 43
Health 39
Attack 20
Luck 13
Musou + 12
Indirect 14

Twin Blades
Level 10 ; Normal ; Attack 34
Musou+ 32
Health 39
Defence 18
Attack 14
Luck 12
Agility 19

They're nothing special but they might be useful as synthesis materials if I ever choose to make another weapon for the main character style.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
heartgold said:
I'm on part 4, man if this game had co-op it would have been such an incredible game, not that it sucks but yeah.##

EDIT: I've completed the game, took me 24 hours =P

That's a pretty decent length for this type of game. And yeah, I agree, online co-op would have just been the ultimate cherry on top. Toss in voice chat to communicate strategies, and damn, 3DS GotY contender. Still, I'm enjoying the hell out of it. The Warriors games have always had a nice strategy element, but the mission structure combined with being able to swap out characters, makes strategy almost the main focus. I love that.

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've only played Warrior's Orochi 2, which I really enjoyed. Is this game similar to that? From what I understand, Warrior's Orochi is simply a Samurai Warrior's x Dynasty Warrior's crossover title that uses the same game mechanics, it just has different characters. I was seriously considering picking this title up, but I ended up holding off.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Windaga said:
I've only played Warrior's Orochi 2, which I really enjoyed. Is this game similar to that? From what I understand, Warrior's Orochi is simply a Samurai Warrior's x Dynasty Warrior's crossover title that uses the same game mechanics, it just has different characters. I was seriously considering picking this title up, but I ended up holding off.

Yeah, they're definitely in the same vein. If you played Warriors Orochi, then you should pick up the gameplay in this quite easily. It's set up a bit differently, with just one generic character strolling through the Sengoku period. Orochi 2, though, I think combined both the San Goku wars and Senoku-era stuff, splitting things into separate playthroughs, a la Dynasty Warriors.

These games are, of course, very niche games, so if you know what to expect and are into that sort of thing, you should enjoy this.

dragonkid6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm at the beginning of part 4(been playing each stage twice for the xtra friendship) and I'm lvl 54
Currently rockin:
Sword of Majesty
lvl 10 Power Wind 2 Flash 2
Attack 55 Spirit+ 47
Agility 33 Range 25
Musou+ 31

Wintrale

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Right, well, this is my current dilemma...

Nene's Soaring Dragons
Ice Level 5, Slay Level 4
Level 10 (Speed) Attack 28
Attack 76, Defense 88, Agility 97, Range 90, Spirit+ 90, Luck 97

Nene's Ruby Wings
Fire Level 1, Wind Level 1
Level 10 (Power) Attack 43
Attack 99, Agility 82, Range 88, Ride 92, Musou+ 86, Luck 95

Which do I use?
unsure.gif

Obviously I created the latter of the two. It doesn't buff Defense and its buff to agility, range and luck are all slightly weaker than those given by the Soaring Dragons. Plus it has much worse elements added to it. But on the flipside, we're talking a 38 difference in Attack and faster Musou is much more useful for me than faster Spirit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd rather spend like $150 more for a surround receiver.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i downloaded final fantasy vii into my tv stick
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean, the game was already there but its the japanese version
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, yeah the patty on McDs burger is 1/10th of a pound now and I think that's the pre cooked weight lol
    I use the app for the 20% off coupon and it's still over priced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why is mcdonalds overpriced if their food is bad?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean why is mcdonalds food overpriced
    Inflation and greed
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's just fries, make 'em at home
    +2
    I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol