Gaming Samurai Warrior Chronicles

Wintrale

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm actually surprised by the way that it seems nobody even knows about this game, or cares about it. So this is my way of trying to get the game a bit more attention.
unsure.gif

Samurai Warrior Chronicles is a hack and slash game developed by Omega Force, who are best known for the Dynasty Warriors series. The top screen is where the game itself is played, with the bottom screen showing a map and various other pieces of information. Every stage will have up to four playable characters and you can swap control to any of them by simply poking their portraits on the bottom screen. Playable characters include two exclusive characters made for the game, as well as every playable character in the previous Samurai Warrior games - each one having a different combat style as well as different available skills and abilities - which brings the count up to a staggering 42 playable characters. Therefore choosing which characters to use is just as important as where you choose to position them. Interestingly, there is also a status screen, dictating level, EXP, stats and equipment for the characters used.

While there is little indication of how the game itself will control, looking at previous Samurai Warrior games makes it safe to assume the four face buttons will function as jump, normal attack, charged attack and musou attack. The L button will likely retain the Guard/Dodge function while the R button will likely retain the Ranged Attack function. This is of course speculation for now, but that's the best I've got. I'll leave you with this, a gameplay trailer.

[youtube]U2vmORSW20c[/youtube]

Erdnaxela

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I loved samurai warrior 3 on Wii, I'll buy this one after I get my pre-ordered 3DS for sure
smile.gif

And you can download new scenario with spotpass!

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never really played much of the SW franchise (except part of SW3), but I do love Dynasty Warriors (been a fan since Dynasty Warriors 2, technically the first Dynasty Warriors game) and this installment of SW seems to be doing a lot of things right in terms of using the 3DS' features. That said, I really can't wait for Dynasty Warriors 3D.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
I'll look into it in more detail when the media blackout ends on Sunday and I can play around with the 3DS test model again with the new software. It doesn't look bad, it's certainly not shovelware, but whether or not it has enough lasting appeal to justify a purchase remains unknown. Hopefully it'll show up before launch so I can test it.

Either that or it'll be cheap and I'll pick it up for the hell of it. If it's gonna be £25 like Bust-A-Move is advertised at right now, then sure, I'll give it a shot. £25 is throw-away money at this point, to be honest.

Wintrale

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Blaze163 said:
I'll look into it in more detail when the media blackout ends on Sunday and I can play around with the 3DS test model again with the new software. It doesn't look bad, it's certainly not shovelware, but whether or not it has enough lasting appeal to justify a purchase remains unknown. Hopefully it'll show up before launch so I can test it.

Either that or it'll be cheap and I'll pick it up for the hell of it. If it's gonna be £25 like Bust-A-Move is advertised at right now, then sure, I'll give it a shot. £25 is throw-away money at this point, to be honest.

It's actually the full £40, but most places have it for £30. I'm not sure about the lack of lasting appeal, though, since it does get new missions from SpotPass and your active team fights other people's through StreetPass (and get items and stuff for winning). Considering there's 42 playable characters, as well, and the way you can strike up a friendship points towards a possible recruitment system rather than simply having them all unlocked from the start... I'd say it should have absolutely tonnes of content. Certainly more than any other launch title.

RNorthex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm familiar with dynasty warriors
that was a really good series[played 4 hyper the most and 6]
so i'll definately give it a go, may not be the most exciting game, but it has some pretty awesome gameplay right there

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
If this game has WIFI then this is the game im going to get. Does anyone know if it does? oh sweet lord i hope it does. i own dynasty warriors 3 , 6 and both warriors orochi games and i love them all so i want to get this but it really needs wifi to tip the balance from "might get this" to "will get this"

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean this is on my list, but only on my 3rd list.

1st = launch list , 1 - 2 game(S)

2nd = Launch window, Zelda Mario or/and any other game made from Nintendo
tongue.gif

3rd = When I get pass the 2nd list, Samurai Warrior Chronicles

4th/unknown list = Games I get after the launch window.

tongue.gif

Nottulys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting this for sure...I have no need for ANOTHER f*kin SSFIV...I have the collectors edition and SUPER for the PS3...Capcom shoulda put Marvel VS Capcom 3 on the 3DS instead of this same ol' shit...

Sorry for the rant folks.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'll probably buy this as my only launch game, because I'm a fan of the hack'n'slash Action RPG genre (who isn't?), and it received some nice reviews from Famitsu.

I'm interested to know about the multiplayer capabilities of this game.

hova1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
cool too see someone else is intersted in it other than me.
I know it's supposed to be a launch title in europe but i think they only mean the UK because there isn't a date for it in germany. i check amazon germany every day but i just won't come on. It has been reviewed by the USK (like PEGI) so i'm still hopefull and think Koei is just too lazy to announce it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4GojQTu7iI