Gaming Samurai Warrior Chronicles

Wintrale

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zarxrax said:
I've never heard of this series before, but it sounds pretty cool.
If the reviews turn out good, I might pick this up instead of street fighter.

Famitsu gave the game an 8.5, basically, and praised the variety of missions and volume of content. I'd go so far as to say it's the best launch title available.

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Wintrale said:
Zarxrax said:
I've never heard of this series before, but it sounds pretty cool.
If the reviews turn out good, I might pick this up instead of street fighter.

Famitsu gave the game an 8.5, basically, and praised the variety of missions and volume of content. I'd go so far as to say it's the best launch title available.

yeah it got 9,9,8,8 (34/40) and from what im reading they also said the 3d effect used was good at judging the distance of enemies so.... thats good? lol

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
One simple question. In terms of gameplay style, how similar is this game to the Gamecube/PS2 title from way back, Mystic Heroes? I loved that thing, played it in co-op multiplayer with my nephew and little brother all the time. If it plays anything like that and has wi-fi, I'm sold. Has to have a decent online community though, as it looks like nobody I know around here will own a 3DS for some time.

Zarxrax

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Treize1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
watever the reviews say I'm still getting it on launch day.i loved every warriors games.and after finding out samurai warriors chronicles has all the characters from SW3 I'm satisfied.now if only they came out with a sengoku basara then I'm cooked

Dylan

100 MILES AND RUNNIN'
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
I was thinking about it but i'll probably just get street fighter. I like dynasty warriors but i've played so many versions of them I doubt I need another one. I'm relatively new to fighter games so at least street fighter is something new for me.

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
I've put more than 150 hours into Dynasty Warriros Gundam 2 on the 360, and I've been playing a fair bit of Warriors Orochi 2 on the PSP so I'm fairly excited about this time.
It's the first game I plan to get for the 3DS. I considered Street Fighter and Pilot Wings, but I've never had much luck with Street Fighter before and Pilot Wings looks like it might not hold my interest for as long as Samurai Warriors.

Edit:
After reading those two reviews that Zarxrax linked I'm still quite hyped for this game.
The last paragraph of the second review particularly reassures me
QUOTE said:
While Samurai Warriors: Chronicles is undoubtedly the greatest Warriors experience ever released on a handheld – far superior to those of the PlayStation Portable (PSP) and the devastatingly average Dynasty Warriors Advance – the game is ultimately a diluted version of it’s home console brethren. Standing in a as the sole representative of a genre that is seemingly destined to be underrepresented on the Nintendo 3DS, Samurai Warriors: Chronicles may be your best option for hack-n’-slash thrills in stereoscopic 3D, but if you haven’t warmed to the Warriors franchise on home consoles this latest handheld release isn’t going to convince you otherwise.
If it's better than any of the PSP Warriors games then I'm sure I'll love it since I already thoroughly enjoy the PSP version of Warriors Orochi 2.

deakster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't see why people are saying it has multiplayer over wifi, when everything I read about it says it doesn't.

You can download an extra scenario if you log on using wifi, but no multiplayer. The only multiplayer part of it is streetpass battles, where you r team automatically battles other people while you pass them.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is definitely a day one buy for me. I'm a huge fan of the Warriors series and this game (ans well as Dynasty Warriors 7) show that Koei (TecmoKoei now) is trying to be new and innovative rather than money-grubbing as they have been with many titles as of late.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone play this game yet? I'm really anxious to hear what GBAtemp thinks of it. I really want to get either this and Pilotwings, or Rayman 3D and Pilotwings. I can't decide. @__@

Scott-105

Bow to me. Please?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I preordered this. I'm a fan of Dynasty Warriors, and Samurai Warriors. They're amazing hack and slash games, and I never seem to get bored of them. One thing I'm disappointed about, is japanese only voices.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Scott-105 said:
I preordered this. I'm a fan of Dynasty Warriors, and Samurai Warriors. They're amazing hack and slash games, and I never seem to get bored of them. One thing I'm disappointed about, is japanese only voices.

The English voiceovers for these games are by far some of the worst I've heard. I mean it's kinda humorous but Japanese voices, while still atrocious (when someone who doesn't understand a lick of Japanese, such as myself, can still tell the voice acting is bad in Japanese, then it's really bad), are better than the English voiceovers.

Scott-105

Bow to me. Please?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Guild McCommunist said:
Scott-105 said:

The English voiceovers for these games are by far some of the worst I've heard. I mean it's kinda humorous but Japanese voices, while still atrocious (when someone who doesn't understand a lick of Japanese, such as myself, can still tell the voice acting is bad in Japanese, then it's really bad), are better than the English voiceovers.
I'll admit, the voices are pretty bad, but it's not as bad as say, Arc Rise Fantasia? Worst voiceover I've ever heard..

Anyway, on topic, I'd prefer to have voices I can actually understand. Same as you, I don't understand any Japanese.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Scott-105 said:
Guild McCommunist said:
Scott-105 said:

I'll admit, the voices are pretty bad, but it's not as bad as say, Arc Rise Fantasia? Worst voiceover I've ever heard..

Anyway, on topic, I'd prefer to have voices I can actually understand. Same as you, I don't understand any Japanese.
Having the Japanese voices and english subs help you learn bits and pieces of a language. I see no harm in it, and am glad they went this route.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TehSkull said:
Scott-105 said:
Guild McCommunist said:
Scott-105 said:

Having the Japanese voices and english subs help you learn bits and pieces of a language. I see no harm in it, and am glad they went this route.
Wait, there's dual audio?

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Scott-105 said:
machomuu said:
Wait, there's dual audio?
No, just Japanese voices, and english subs.
Oh
mellow.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1