RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
A UK judge has ruled that the Samsung's Galaxy Tab lineup doesn't infringe on iPad design patent's as it not as cool as the Apple's

b_image06-660x284.jpeg

The Galaxy tablet doesn’t infringe Apple’s registered design, Judge Colin Birss said in a ruling today in London. He said that consumers weren’t likely to get the two tablet computers mixed up.

The Galaxy tablets “do not have the same understated and extreme simplicity which is possessed by the Apple design,” Birss said. “They are not as cool.”

Code:
Source: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-07-09/samsung-wins-u-k-apple-ruling-over-not-as-cool-galaxy-tablet.html

But at least Samsung has the ban lifted in the UK....now the United States.

stanleyopar2000

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I laughed. Hey, it's not like he's wrong! I'm glad to see he's making as big of a joke out of it as the entire law suit was. Apple just needs to learn to sit down and deal with it if something better comes along.

what happens when Apple let competition exist?

http://www.pt-news.o...on-sale/125874/

This is why they are suing everyone. Because everyone has better stuff than them.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I laughed. Hey, it's not like he's wrong! I'm glad to see he's making as big of a joke out of it as the entire law suit was. Apple just needs to learn to sit down and deal with it if something better comes along.

This is why they are suing everyone. Because everyone has better stuff than them.
Are you trying to tell me that Apple has a right to sue other companies because it's "competition"?

stanleyopar2000

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

Are you trying to tell me that Apple has a right to sue other companies because it's "competition"?

they are suing Samsung because right after the Galaxy Tab ban was liften..Apple shares fell.

If other compettitors exist..Apple is not top dog...so they are trying to get rid of everyone, so their will only be one dog..on the top.

I'm glad the Judge saw through Apples' schemes and wants to promote competition, and not Wor- eh. Market Domination.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti

they are suing Samsung because right after the Galaxy Tab ban was liften..Apple shares fell.

That's usually what happens when a multi-billion dollar company loses a lawsuit. Especially if they are the plaintiff.

Reactions: 2 people

Ultymoo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it just me or is this the first instance of something not being cool being a good thing that I've managed to see? Hell must be freezing over as I type.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure I ever found iPads to be cool. But as far as the hardware design of the Galaxy Tab, yeah it's less cool than the iPad. I was always attracted more to the software and hardware of Androids, not external aesthetics.

Reactions: 1 person

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Go Samsung.. I guess? This is one of those situations where giving a patent for a certain idea of design (screen in the middle of black borders in a rectangular shaped device) is just plain stupid.

Now to quickly get me a 16 GB Nexus 7 for the $199/$249 prices before it gets banned in the States for a certain period.. Damn European prices and taxes for making me think ahead!

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is setting us up for the legal battle of the century: what is the exact coolness of Arthur "The Fonz" Fonzerelli?

It's going to be a bloodbath of a case.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
This is setting us up for the legal battle of the century: what is the exact coolness of Arthur "The Fonz" Fonzerelli?

It's going to be a bloodbath of a case.
Actually Coolness is measured in Fonzes. He is the very top of the scale and everything is measured in fractions of a Fonz.

stanleyopar2000

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
This is why apple is flipping shit and going berzerk.

http://briefmobile.c...8BriefMobile%29

and this is what's been happening for Samsung vs. Apple lately. A judge granted Samsung to have a hearing to get the bans removed on the nexus...

http://www.electroni...counterfeiters/

And apple is calling them "pirates, thieves, and counterfeiters" my god...the butthurt seeping out of this company is unbelievable.

maybe the market analysts are right. Without Steve Jobs. Apple will fall.

If you take away all the bullshit bribes and litigation's...Apple is already falling....and kicking and screaming on its way down like a little bitch not getting their way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-