Samsung announces "Galaxy Awesome Event

Deleted member 546149

OP
Trophies
XP
OIF.Ww8iweovMsbiq1iuTOdBLg

Samsung has just announced a new event scheduled for March 17. It is unknown what the event is actually for but it is speculated to be for the Galaxy A phone series because Samsung has used the word "Awesome" to refer to their Samsung A series

Last edited by Deleted member 546149,
Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Nxz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mongolia
onestly the only company who makes decent flagships and still includes a headphone jack is sony,
You're forgetting about LG with V60, it doesn't have an amazing OLED 120hz screen or a flagship camera but it does compensate that with a long battery life, big screen and quad-dac.
I would have picked this over the samsung N20U if the western variant had dual sim.

Deleted member 546149

OP
Trophies
XP
You're forgetting about LG with V60, it doesn't have an amazing OLED 120hz screen or a flagship camera but it does compensate that with a long battery life, big screen and quad-dac.
I would have picked this over the samsung N20U if the western variant had dual sim.
The event happened, I won't be reporting on it but I encourage someone else too

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Wow, I'm impressed that they didn't trim the phones down too terribly bad. Still respective hardware, and won't be a laggy experience. My S7 still gave me lag here and there, but my S9+ and my current S10+ haven't. I've had my S10+ for two years now, and my battery is still holding strong. Best phone I've ever had, truly. I want to upgrade to the S21 Ultra, but I don't have any need for it. Especially since my phone is almost paid off.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Samsung recently removed the trusty ol' headphone jack, didn't they?

Don't care; lost my interest in your products, Samsung.
Unfortunately, these days it's getting harder and harder to find a top of the line phone that still has the jack. New iPhones don't have it, New (non-budget) Galaxy phones don't have it, and New (non-budget) Pixel phones don't have it.

Unless you want a budget phone, you're getting really limited in your smartphone options, seems like new LG and Sony phones may be the best options you're limiting yourself to, fine phones, but there's a reason you don't see many of them out in the wild.

I'd love if the 3.5mm jack never disappeared, but I do believe that within the decade it will be removed from all new smartphones entirely.

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Unfortunately, these days it's getting harder and harder to find a top of the line phone that still has the jack. New iPhones don't have it, New (non-budget) Galaxy phones don't have it, and New (non-budget) Pixel phones don't have it.

Unless you want a budget phone, you're getting really limited in your smartphone options, seems like new LG and Sony phones may be the best options you're limiting yourself to, fine phones, but there's a reason you don't see many of them out in the wild.

I'd love if the 3.5mm jack never disappeared, but I do believe that within the decade it will be removed from all new smartphones entirely.
I don't understand why it's dying out; it means I can save battery by leaving Bluetooth off, and I can listen to stuff while recharging my phone/while it's hooked up to my computer. And the wire prevents the earphones from falling out and becoming lost, though that's not exactly related to the jack itself...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1