Hacking Salvaging R4i-SDHC.hk

misterdarvus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
So, I have this clone of R4, which I used to play ds rom on the 3ds (but it was quickly killed by the updates and has no hope to follow up the updates). Now I want to use it to play on my DSi, but I don't have the backup of the firmware on the root of the sd...

So I read the web written on the flashcard, it said http://r4i-sdhc.hk . But the site apparently dead. I used to visit that web some years ago to download the firmware.

There's other R4 clone sites like r4i-sdhc.com, etc. But theirs are incompatible.

Maybe someone had this particular flashcard, I would like to have those files thingy to make my menu works

(ps: when I said firmware, maybe they're interchangable because I'm not savvy enough with the terms)

retrogamefan

***DSTT Coder*** ***AP Destroyer***
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You should also be able to use my updates : http://gbatemp.net/threads/retrogamefan-updates-releases.267243/

If you want to keep using your r4i-sdhc.hk kernel but have better rom compatability, then :

1. Download my v7.01 Multicart Update and extract to your PC.
2. Open the DLL folder. Copy/replace the contents of that folder to the SYSTEM folder on your µSD.
3. Next, Download my v7.01 6472 DAT Update and extract to your PC.
4. Open the DLL folder. Copy the contents to the SYSTEM folder on your µSD.

Alternatively, I've had a quick look at your kernel from the web.archive link above, and you should be able to replace your kernel and use YSMenu instead.
Format your µSD with the Panasonic SDFormatter
Use these options to format : FORMAT TYPE : FULL (OverWrite). FORMAT SIZE ADJUSTMENT : ON

2. Open the DSTTi-Clone YSMenu folder. Copy the contents of that folder to the root of your µSD.
3. Make a copy of TTMenu.dat on your µSD and rename that copy to config
So the root of your µSD should show the following:
Games folder
TTMenu folder
config (renamed copy of TTMenu.dat)
TTMenu.dat
YSMenu.nds

4. Next, Download my v7.01 6472 DAT Update and extract to your PC.
5. Open the DAT folder. Copy the contents to the TTMenu folder on your µSD.
Place any games into the Game folder on your µSD.

Reactions: zfreeman

coolfuze

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks retrogamefan, but to anyone else be carefull, I ran this on my R4 SDHC Dual Core 2013 and I ended up bricking my card, lesson learnt the hard way

retrogamefan

***DSTT Coder*** ***AP Destroyer***
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Thanks retrogamefan, but to anyone else be carefull, I ran this on my R4 SDHC Dual Core 2013 and I ended up bricking my card, lesson learnt the hard way
I'm sorry to hear that but those carts are also known to brick with their own kernel.
Did you ask if YSMenu worked on your cart as there is no mention or confirmation of your cart on the front page of my updates...

coolfuze

Trophies
XP
Country
Nope, didn't ask. That was my mistake, didn't want to be a bother. I just assumed if it didn't work it wouldn't do anything. No worries though since I read up on a way to possibly recover it. Just ordered 2 new cards so waiting for them to arrive, one for me and the gf. Once they arrive I might be able to use one of them to recover the bricked card. If that's the case I'll sell the old card, profit :)

PS I ordered two of these http://www.yeahgeek.com/r4isdhc-dua...tendo-3ds-2ds-dsi-xl-ll-dsi-dsl-ds-p-708.html

$8.50 for one and if you buy two it's $9.42 for both, sorry got off topic at the end :P

WolhR3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I have same problem, where I can download the original firmware kernel for my r4i wifi v1.4.1 (r4i-sdhc.hk)??

The website r4i-sdhc.hk is dead.

Kaloli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lebanon
I would like to ask about
R4i 3DS Unlimited Upgrade Firmware clone
I tried with a 2gb Sd card and a 4 gb, but it does not support more
It shows the The Spiderwick Chronicles without an sd card in it.
It shows a white screen with loading and a smiley sd card.
The site on it is r4i-sdhc.hk
But it does not move from here on. I have a 3ds and Ds lite, I would like to make it work on the ds lite.
Thank you for any answers

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    94.5 KB · Views: 366
  • r4i-3ds-unlimited-upgrade.jpg
    r4i-3ds-unlimited-upgrade.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 711

LanzHeim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Sorry for reviving this thread, but it's just not to create a new one.

Since the past two 3DS updates my infamous r4isdhc.hk cart stopped working. As I say I think it's due to the updates because it waws working fine and I even tested the time bomb a long time ago. I put the date for 2032 and it was still working so I think it's a kernel problem, but there's no way of updating this cartrdige or not that I can find.

Has anyone been able to do so? or could someone guide on how to try to install the retro game fan updates?

PD: When the cartridge worked it had the Spongebob Cart thumbnail.
PD2: I attach images of the thing and how the root folder and main folder look like

Hope Somebody can help me

Attachments

• 20200923_081223.jpg
    20200923_081223.jpg
    462 KB · Views: 666
  • 20200923_081229.jpg
    20200923_081229.jpg
    310.9 KB · Views: 399
  • R4iHK.JPG
    R4iHK.JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 347
  • R4iHK2.JPG
    R4iHK2.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 345

maltazhar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You should also be able to use my updates : http://gbatemp.net/threads/retrogamefan-updates-releases.267243/

If you want to keep using your r4i-sdhc.hk kernel but have better rom compatability, then :

2. Open the DLL folder. Copy/replace the contents of that folder to the SYSTEM folder on your µSD.
3. Next, Download my v7.01 6472 DAT Update and extract to your PC.
4. Open the DLL folder. Copy the contents to the SYSTEM folder on your µSD.

Alternatively, I've had a quick look at your kernel from the web.archive link above, and you should be able to replace your kernel and use YSMenu instead.
Format your µSD with the Panasonic SDFormatter
Use these options to format : FORMAT TYPE : FULL (OverWrite). FORMAT SIZE ADJUSTMENT : ON

2. Open the DSTTi-Clone YSMenu folder. Copy the contents of that folder to the root of your µSD.
3. Make a copy of TTMenu.dat on your µSD and rename that copy to config
So the root of your µSD should show the following:
Games folder
TTMenu folder
config (renamed copy of TTMenu.dat)
TTMenu.dat
YSMenu.nds

4. Next, Download my v7.01 6472 DAT Update and extract to your PC.
5. Open the DAT folder. Copy the contents to the TTMenu folder on your µSD.
Place any games into the Game folder on your µSD.

Hi, do you have another link for v7.01 6472 DAT Update and v7.01 Multicart Update? I can not open the link. Thank you!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: