Salvaging R4i-SDHC.hk

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by misterdarvus, Dec 2, 2014.

1. misterdarvus
    OP

misterdarvus GBAtemp Regular

May 13, 2014
    Indonesia
    So, I have this clone of R4, which I used to play ds rom on the 3ds (but it was quickly killed by the updates and has no hope to follow up the updates). Now I want to use it to play on my DSi, but I don't have the backup of the firmware on the root of the sd...

So I read the web written on the flashcard, it said http://r4i-sdhc.hk . But the site apparently dead. I used to visit that web some years ago to download the firmware.

There's other R4 clone sites like r4i-sdhc.com, etc. But theirs are incompatible.

Maybe someone had this particular flashcard, I would like to have those files thingy to make my menu works

(ps: when I said firmware, maybe they're interchangable because I'm not savvy enough with the terms)

2. Technicmaster0

Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
  3. coolfuze

coolfuze GBAtemp Fan

Jun 25, 2013
  4. misterdarvus
    OP

misterdarvus GBAtemp Regular

May 13, 2014
    Indonesia
  5. retrogamefan

retrogamefan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 8, 2009
    You should also be able to use my updates : http://gbatemp.net/threads/retrogamefan-updates-releases.267243/

If you want to keep using your r4i-sdhc.hk kernel but have better rom compatability, then :

1. Download my v7.01 Multicart Update and extract to your PC.
    2. Open the DLL folder. Copy/replace the contents of that folder to the SYSTEM folder on your µSD.
    3. Next, Download my v7.01 6472 DAT Update and extract to your PC.
    4. Open the DLL folder. Copy the contents to the SYSTEM folder on your µSD.

Alternatively, I've had a quick look at your kernel from the web.archive link above, and you should be able to replace your kernel and use YSMenu instead.
    Format your µSD with the Panasonic SDFormatter
    Use these options to format : FORMAT TYPE : FULL (OverWrite). FORMAT SIZE ADJUSTMENT : ON

1. Download my v7.01 Multicart Update and extract to your PC.
    2. Open the DSTTi-Clone YSMenu folder. Copy the contents of that folder to the root of your µSD.
    3. Make a copy of TTMenu.dat on your µSD and rename that copy to config
    So the root of your µSD should show the following:
    Games folder
    TTMenu folder
    config (renamed copy of TTMenu.dat)
    TTMenu.dat
    YSMenu.nds

4. Next, Download my v7.01 6472 DAT Update and extract to your PC.
    5. Open the DAT folder. Copy the contents to the TTMenu folder on your µSD.
    Place any games into the Game folder on your µSD.

6. coolfuze

coolfuze GBAtemp Fan

Jun 25, 2013
    Thanks retrogamefan, but to anyone else be carefull, I ran this on my R4 SDHC Dual Core 2013 and I ended up bricking my card, lesson learnt the hard way

7. retrogamefan

retrogamefan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 8, 2009
    I'm sorry to hear that but those carts are also known to brick with their own kernel.
    Did you ask if YSMenu worked on your cart as there is no mention or confirmation of your cart on the front page of my updates...

8. coolfuze

coolfuze GBAtemp Fan

Jun 25, 2013
    Nope, didn't ask. That was my mistake, didn't want to be a bother. I just assumed if it didn't work it wouldn't do anything. No worries though since I read up on a way to possibly recover it. Just ordered 2 new cards so waiting for them to arrive, one for me and the gf. Once they arrive I might be able to use one of them to recover the bricked card. If that's the case I'll sell the old card, profit :)

PS I ordered two of these http://www.yeahgeek.com/r4isdhc-dua...tendo-3ds-2ds-dsi-xl-ll-dsi-dsl-ds-p-708.html

$8.50 for one and if you buy two it's $9.42 for both, sorry got off topic at the end :P