• Thread starter Deleted_171835
  • Start date
  • Views 4,800
  • Replies 46
  • Likes 1
D

Deleted_171835

OP

He explained to IGN that the company was looking into ways that worked specifically with Wii U's new hardware, explaining "The GameCube controller is not the only way to control Smash Bros., so we will look into ways that fits the Wii U."

Sakurai admits the company needs to adapt to incorporate new controller options, he's adamant the rest of the game doesn't need to change to remain fresh. Having had three very successful entries in the franchise, the Project Sora boss feels the series has found its target audience, meaning introducing gimmicks would hinder rather than help the brand.

"The game system itself is complete, so we don’t want to make it 3D or introduce complicated controls just for the sake of it," he said. "However, I am thinking of ways we can introduce a slightly different, fun experience all the while keeping the usual frantic game play."

Sakurai has also said this in terms of third-party characters,

"I think Snake and Sonic joining were fantastic. It made many fans happy, and it broadened the Smash Bros arena," he said. "However, introducing more non-Nintendo characters willy-nilly will lose the focus of the game, so I also recognise the need to narrow it down."

http://ca.ign.com/ar...er-smash-bros-4

It seems that he's keeping Snake, yay! Only third-party character I really want in Smash Bros 4 now is Big Boss. We had Snake Eater 3D on the 3DS so it's possible now!

Glad that Sakurai doesn't plan on adding gimmicks to the game. Smash Bros formula is already solid.

Reactions: 1 person

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Cool! I have already conceded to the fact that I'll most likely buy a Wii U, so this is just one of the games I'm looking forward to.

I really can't wait until the full roster is out. (Who's in, who's been removed, and who will be newly joining us)

Reactions: 2 people

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Final Smash shouldn't go away, it made the game more fun in parties. And for those who are going to bitch about competitive play, options baby.
It can be competitive in either way, with or without the Final Smash.

at least 42 characters,and please keep ike....
the assist trophy gimmick should be in this game too.
I'm hoping for 60(why not?) or alternate characters as alternate costumes.

I hope they change sonic to sonic colors and add either Spyro or Megaman.

D

Deleted_171835

OP
@[member='soulx']: The Boss > Big Boss
The Boss

is dead

Final Smash shouldn't go away, it made the game more fun in parties. And for those who are going to bitch about competitive play, options baby.
Not exactly considering the Final Smash makes whoever has it OP for a little while.

Reactions: 3 people

MelodieOctavia

Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti

at least 42 characters,and please keep ike....
the assist trophy gimmick should be in this game too.
I'm hoping for 60(why not?) or alternate characters as alternate costumes.

I hope they change sonic to sonic colors and add either Spyro or Megaman.

Spyro most likely not, but if there's going to be any Megaman, I would want it to be an 8-bit game and watch-esque version, complete with the 2-3 frames per move, and once you smash someone off-screen, you get a version of their powers.

Reactions: 1 person

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not exactly considering the Final Smash makes whoever has it OP for a little while.
Then do your best to not let the other person get it or dodge it.

Speaking of Final Smash, they can put that on the screen, so you may be able to hold on it a bit longer
while you fight to get a good place to release it. :unsure:

Spyro most likely not, but if there's going to be any Megaman, I would want it to be an 8-bit game and watch-esque version, complete with the 2-3 frames per move, and once you smash someone off-screen, you get a version of their powers.
True. Would be pretty sweet. Though, I kind of sounds like a limited version of Kirby power.

edit: Not to say that I play without items sometimes.

D

Deleted_171835

OP

Speaking of Final Smash, they can put that on the screen, so you may be able to hold on it a bit longer
You can't exactly ensure that. Randomly appearing items aren't favoured by people that play competitively.

There's a reason people who play competitively don't use items.

MelodieOctavia

Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti

You can't exactly ensure that. Randomly appearing items aren't favoured by people that play competitively.

There's a reason people who play competitively don't use items.

Besides the fact that it's a quasi-fighting game, I really don't see why it's played competitively. I mean, I react to this game being played competitively the same way I would if I heard that there were international Mario Party tourneys. With quizzical contempt, and amused befuddlement.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying