Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
2013_08_11_image_1.jpg

Saints Row IV, like many games, will have the base version and a higher edition or two that cost more. Except in this case the price difference is almost a million dollars more... and they're only selling one single unit of what they're calling "The Super Dangerous WAD WAD Edition" (I assume that the title is some series reference).

In addition to various goods like the game itself and a car, the edition comes with a wide variety of services, including a space flight, two stays in big-name hotels, taking part in spy training and hostage rescue re-enactments, and more.

:arrow: Source

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I saw this a couple of days ago. Although a fun bit of news, I didn't feel like posting about it outside of sharing a link in the Shoutbox. It's just so exceptionally pointless. Plus, you're essentially buying everything in the pack, and getting the game for free. It's the stupid kind of ridiculous.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have <terminal illness>, but some celebrity from some website is gonna pay for my surgery and the Saint's Row IV Super Dangerous Wad Wad bundle. Believe plx.

In all seriousness though, I've seen a lot of talk about this, but not a single mention as to where you can buy this. It's not like I'm gonna be able to walk into work and pick up a $1,000,000 voucher for this thing. The registers at my job max out around $50k, for that matter. It's not like I'm gonna be able to walk into work and even be able ot afford this... but I could dream.

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol if you buy that you might as well buy this Diamond studded knife and kill yourself with. So much better things to be done with that money. Besides all of that is cheaper seperately.

nesmuk_brillantmesser-copy-2.jpg

Knife Cost: €31,000

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh, I found a breakdown somebody did:

• Saints Row IV Commander In Chief Edition: $59.99 (Source)
  • Virgin Galactic space flight: $250,000 (Source)
  • Full-size replica dubstep gun: $500 (estimated value)
  • Hostage rescue experience: $200.36 (£129 - Source)
  • Plastic surgery: $7,311 (lower body lift, national average - Source)
  • Spy training day: $155.30 (£99.99 - Source)
  • Personal shopper: $39,000 (Annual membership - Source)
  • Capsule wardrobe: $12,104.30 (Source)
  • 7 nights at the Top Royal Suite at the Burj Al-Arab, Dubai: $19,057.99 (AED70,000 - Source)
  • A week for two at the Jefferson Hotel in Washington DC: $4,900 (Martha Jefferson Suite - Source)
  • First-class flight to Dubai: $1,984.15 (Virgin Atlantic Luxury Class, from London)
  • First class flight to Washington: $1,451 (Virgin Atlantic Luxury Class, from London)
  • Lamborghini Gallardo: $250,000 (Source)
  • Toyota Prius: $32,650 ("as shown" price - Source)
  • One-year auto insurance: $1,836 (national average - Source)
  • Supercar membership: 15,920.30 (GBP10,250 - Source)
Worth of all of that?
All told, we came up with a total cost of only $629,974.69 for the contents of the SRIVSDWWE(akatMDP), the vast majority of which is taken up by the space flight and luxury car.

And that is with the most expensive options picked where there was some vagueness in terms of pricing. Sooooo, yeah, I guess bragging rights if you really, really want to be able to brag about over spending on something completely ridiculous.

Source: http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/08/do-not-buy-the-1000000-saints-row-iv-bundle/

Reactions: Sterling and Veho

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Can't they at least throw in an alienware computer? As it is, it's like someone decided to staple together a whole bunch of overpriced items, over-overpriced it and called it an edition.

When the second game crash comes around, I hope this one gets mentioned in the documentary about it. Y'know...with some footage of burial grounds and steam sales, and some interviewees telling that major companies lost all grip on reality. Then cue in on the picture in the OP. "While the first and second installments could be bought in a single humble bundle pack and the third one cut to half its price during steam summer sale, deep silver still decided to make a very-special case that cost no less than a million dollars".

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
Heard about this a week (Well, 8 days) ago.
I have <terminal illness>, but some celebrity from some website is gonna pay for my surgery and the Saint's Row IV Super Dangerous Wad Wad bundle. Believe plx.

In all seriousness though, I've seen a lot of talk about this, but not a single mention as to where you can buy this. It's not like I'm gonna be able to walk into work and pick up a $1,000,000 voucher for this thing. The registers at my job max out around $50k, for that matter. It's not like I'm gonna be able to walk into work and even be able ot afford this... but I could dream.
"It’s available exclusively at UK retailer GAME. Better act fast because there really is only 1 available."
I get my TV/movie news on screenrant and my game news here and Gamerant. That snippet is from Gamerant

Par39

The Life Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I showed this to my friend, and you know what was her "dealbreaker"?

You'd pay a million for a game without yaoi, when according to her for that price you'd need hardcore uncensored anything-goes-action O_____o
...I'll never understand her o____O ...and I don't know why I'm sharing this here <_< maybe someone finds it silly or something...

Reactions: Hells Malice

MegaAce™

Steal back your future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I showed this to my friend, and you know what was her "dealbreaker"?

You'd pay a million for a game without yaoi, when according to her for that price you'd need hardcore uncensored anything-goes-action O_____o
...I'll never understand her o____O ...and I don't know why I'm sharing this here <_< maybe someone finds it silly or something...

Tell her that you actually pay only about $60 for the game. :P The rest is for other gimmicks.

Par39

The Life Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Tell her that you actually pay only about $60 for the game. :P The rest is for other gimmicks.
I did, but still she went on about the lack of yaoi... apparalently for that price they should've made an Ultimate Yaoi Edition instead of something useless like a space flight etc >->

Vengenceonu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did, but still she went on about the lack of yaoi... apparalently for that price they should've made a Ultimate Yaoi Edition instead of something useless like a space flight etc >->

There's enough yaoi in the world as it is. I would pay a million NOT to see any more enter the world of the living.

Par39

The Life Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
There's enough yaoi in the world as it is. I would pay a million NOT to see any more enter the world of the living.
Indeed... but yeah totally unexpected when you tell someone about a million dollar edition of a game and they complain about the lack of yaoi in it even though it's rated mature <.< Had to share or something.

Reactions: Vengenceonu

Vengenceonu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's never enough yaoi!

psh not when you're reading fanfiction and every damn pairing is yaoi. I mean we gave you Ouran Host Club. That should be enough.

Indeed... but yeah totally unexpected when you tell someone about a million dollar edition of a game and they complain about the lack of yaoi in it even though it's rated mature <.< Had to share or something.

Well there is a dildo sword in the game... what you choose to do with it is up to you...

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
psh not when you're reading fanfiction and every damn pairing is yaoi. I mean we gave you Ouran Host Club. That should be enough.

Wasn't there a James Bond film called Never Enough?
Well...
Never enough >:3
There's a lack of certain yaoi imho.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, Hey