Hacking Safest route to staying unban with Xecuter.

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Y'know? This copy and paste is only helpful up until halfway through. Even then, it's no guarantee of anything and just a theory.

Well, no, of course I'm not personally going to "guarantee" anything. But the "theory" is pretty solid. If you keep restoring to a clean NAND backup prior to going online, and every time you do go online you make a new NAND backup before using illegitimate software offline, and keep all of your illegitimate software on a separate microSD card, how on earth is Nintendo going to see anything other than a clean NAND?

The problem is that by the time anybody sees those instructions, usually they've already run hacks on their system, so it's too late to have a clean nand.

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to try something though. My friend has Mario Kart Deluxe. If i dump his backup using the homebrew app that dumps games. Will it be safe? I know nothing is safe but is it likely for me to get ban? will it give me a legit cert? Can I get away with playing online?
Still not safe, there has been at least one report of someone who was only using TX with legit backups of carts they owned, and they still got banned.

At the moment, It doesn't appear that Nintendo is banning people for just using xci backups. So for now, you are safe.
Plenty of people have been banned for using xci backups, there have even been reports of people that were banned who only used dumps of their own legit cartridges.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendo-switch-banning-hub.508710/

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only safe way to stay unbanned while using SX OS or any other CFW is by staying offline. If you need to get online, restore a NAND backup from before you started using CFW, and even that might not be 100% effective.

Reactions: Draxzelex

MeAndHax

Impolite person with some modding knowledge.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
there is no safe way, just get a tablet for hacked games, a keep one for legit games and online.
Why aren’t you reading the post before you answer? Sorry, but I hate answers like this because it was just an useless answer. He even said that he doesn’t wish answers like “there’s always risk”. Not everyone has money. And thus, this is irrelevant to the question because this doesn’t answer the question “how to minimalize the van risk?”. If you have no idea, and have nothing productive to say for this discussion, then just simply don’t write anything and that’s it.

Last edited by MeAndHax,

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Why aren’t you reading the post before you answer? Sorry, but this was just an useless answer. He even said that he doesn’t wish answers like “there’s always risk”. Not everyone has money. And thus, this is irrelevant to the question because this doesn’t answer the question “how to minimalize the van risk?”. If you have no idea, and have nothing productive to say for this discussion, then just simply don’t write anything and that’s it.
please read the rest if the thread.
even on 3DS there is no 100% ban free if you installed CFW.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
please read the rest if the thread.
even on 3DS there is no 100% ban free if you installed CFW.
There are ways to walk the line (save people a search). The method described earlier is one way. Another would be similarly to take your machine completely offline for [some time period] until people have sat down and figured out the detection and/or logging methods and how to safely wipe them.
Both would allow a measure of hacking without online worries.
You keep saying it is impossible in these sorts of threads when there are fairly easy (if annoying in some cases) alternatives which is why you keep rubbing people the wrong way -- giving people false information is not what we are about around here.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
There are ways to walk the line (save people a search). The method described earlier is one way. Another would be similarly to take your machine completely offline for [some time period] until people have sat down and figured out the detection and/or logging methods and how to safely wipe them.
Both would allow a measure of hacking without online worries.
You keep saying it is impossible in these sorts of threads when there are fairly easy (if annoying in some cases) alternatives which is why you keep rubbing people the wrong way -- giving people false information is not what we are about around here.
even if you stay offline all the time, there is no way to know, even in the 3DS scene which is more advanced can't figure how nintendo detect CFW 100%, and i am not talking about playing major games before release.
in the OP she stated she play legit on OFW, and play offline in SX OS, also she wants to dump her friend mario kart 8 game on her switch, so that's alone is risk, because what if the two payed that game in the same time online?

Reactions: DrkBeam

Rusb

Trophies
XP
Country
Make a nand backup, never ever connect to the internet.

When emunand comes available, make the emunand with the nand you are using.

Restore the backup you made at the beginning and use the unmodified nand for online/non-pirated games.

Use emunand offline with pirated games.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Restore your NAND backup to your Switch, and switch back to the microSD card you're using for legit purposes.

Until Nintendo sees a very clear gap in your telemetry logs that are uploaded to them, and they flag your console for suspicious behavior. Once may be fine but performing this several times will likely bring the hammer down. It's already proven that deleting logs is more malicious to Nintendo than leaving them be.

Reactions: DrkBeam

Deathscreton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Maximilious

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Clearing the error logs on 5.X is so dangerous that one user was banned for doing just that as well as running a GBA emulator. No LayeredFS, no SX OS, just homebrew and running nx-dreport on 5.X

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Until Nintendo sees a very clear gap in your telemetry logs that are uploaded to them, and they flag your console for suspicious behavior. Once may be fine but performing this several times will likely bring the hammer down. It's already proven that deleting logs is more malicious to Nintendo than leaving them be.

You're failing to see my point. As far as Nintendo knows, the "gap" is just you leaving the Nintendo Switch turned off. I'm not talking about deleting any logs. A NAND restore shouldn't leave any suspicious telemetry gaps, as long as you don't go online between the time the backup was made and the time the restore was done.

Whole lotta love

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a few of us haven't been banned yet for using just legit game backups with switch OS.

Meaning we backed up the carts ourselves. I have had CFW on my switch for 3 weeks, maybe 4, online all the time playing homebrew and my own backed up .xci files and haven't been banned. Not a great solution because you can't download these games, but you only need the cart for the time it takes to backup to your switch if that helps.

There are a couple people on GBAtemp that have been using certs from legit games for backed up .xci's and haven't been banned.
There are specific rules they say to follow though. You need a cart 1 donor cert for cart 1 games, have claimed the my nintendo poins for the cart, and have it the same size or bigger than the backup .xci you are injecting it into.
16gb is the biggest one right now I believe.

same goes for type 2 carts. You need a type 2 cart cert for those .xci's or you'll get banned (so they say)
You can use this site to figure out cart sizes and what type cart the game is.
http://nswdb.com/

I have never tried this and it seems pretty sketchy.
Safest is using all your own backups but even that could result in ban.

If you want to try the donor cert method, please look through all of this thread, particularly Reesey's posts as he has documented what appear to be the best methods and i may have missed a rule or two.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/xecuter-sx-os-play-online-titles-using-cert-from-another-game.508357/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Don't walk towards the light!