Hacking Safehax (11.1/2) downgrade without DSIWare

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
And what version of the SafeA9LHInstaller should I use if I want to use the Otpless install ?

First time I installed A9LH on my N3DS was with the OTPLess method, now I want to use it again on a cousin N3DS and don't want all that ctrtransfer trouble...
You can use the latest version of SafeA9LHinstaller with the data_input_v3 from Plailect guide but this HAS NOT BEEN tested on 11.2 afaik so i wouldn't do it.

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use the latest version of SafeA9LHinstaller with the data_input_v3 from Plailect guide but this HAS NOT BEEN tested on 11.2 afaik so i wouldn't do it.

@Darkrai DO NOT DO THIS!! FFS

If you are going OTPLess route you need to use data_input_v4 (this is not currently in the guide, will have to go looking for old link).

Snibunna7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ok I have a problem I managed to get cfw and wanted to redownload a game from eshop but after the Download I get an Error Code?
After having 99% I get an error code and it starts to download again from 0%.
Is this a known bug?

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Darkrai DO NOT DO THIS!! FFS

If you are going OTPLess route you need to use data_input_v4 (this is not currently in the guide, will have to go looking for old link).
v4 is in the Updating A9LH section of the guide.
According to Aurora's github:
  • A9LH installation on New 3DSes is now performed with the "OTPless" method (you need 10.0 New 3DS NATIVE_FIRM as firm0_100.bin in a9lh to do this).
Which is only present in data_input_v3.
But I wouldn't do it anyway...

Last edited by Redferne,

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Yeah, the cart thing is definitely a factor. I went from perfect boot rate to nothing by inserting/removing a cart. I suspect PM_LaunchFIRMSetParams is set to launch from slot1 and it fails with certainty if it can't find anything there.

@AHP_person

Last edited by zoogie,
Reactions: Ronhero and Dany-69

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Dany-69

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, the cart thing is definitely a factor. I went from perfect boot rate to nothing by inserting/removing a cart. I suspect PM_LaunchFIRMSetParams is set to launch from slot1 and it fails with certainty if it can't find anything there.

@AHP_person
I wonder how many of the people who had issues with soundhax and switched to OoT3Dhax didn't have a cartridge in when using soundhax. :wtf:

Reactions: Ronhero and zoogie

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
strangely enough after successfully installing a9lh on three consoles today with safehax and fasthax using cubic ninja, soundhax worked on none of them my friend brought over his 3ds and it just wouldn't work.
i used all the same files even the same sd card it just wasn't happening.
so it looks like it is possible it's not working for some people.

Strongal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guy's what is OTPless method?
Can i follow the guide https://3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax with an 11.2 n3ds? o.O

Dont bother with the OTPless, people used it to avoid the 2.1 downgrade, but it had like 0.5% of randomly bricking the N3ds, so it was pulled. Now it just saves like 20min, thanks to CTRNand transfer. Just follow this guide http://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-install-a9lh-without-buying-anything-in-11-2.455588/ and dont forget to put a cartridge on your 3ds to make it possible to launch Decrypt9! :D

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then it must be the same thing that happens a lot of times. Just press Select, wait for 5-10secs and press any other button. Hold start and launch Hourglass9!
ya still cant get passed this step.. frozen top screen, glitchy bottom screen and forced to power off

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The OTPLess method in the older 3ds bible had a data_input_v4, not sure why they would introduce that if there was no difference from v3....

Yes, ignore this convo and just follow current version of guide.
To update you don't need FIRM0_100.bin so that's why it's not in v4.
I guess Plailect left it in v3 because it's not use by the version of SafeA9LHinstaller use in the guide (2.0.3) that cannot dot OPTless install.

But again don't do this unless you got an hardmod to recover. To my knowledge, nobody used it to install A9LH after using safehax and OPTless install was made to work on 9.2 not 11.2. It might works fine or brick just as well.

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Did it on my second try with a clean 11.0.0.33 U n3DS (the black friday edition).

First try resulted in a black screen when attempting to load decrypt9. I was using soundhax for that.

Second try resulted in getting into decypt9 (took about 1 hour and some change). I'm now doing the auto-ctrnand transfer thing now. I used OoTHax to do so.

woebtz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I apologize in advance for the noob question, but I am a bit paranoid before I get started.

I have a ton of installed games, and game saves. Will these be backed up, and restored through this process if I follow the guides? Or will these things be lost?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "BS" stands for "Bowel Scraping" because that's what whole grain does.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been eating honey wheat bread scrumptious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge