Hacking Safehax (11.1/2) downgrade without DSIWare

AHP_person

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, the cart thing is definitely a factor. I went from perfect boot rate to nothing by inserting/removing a cart. I suspect PM_LaunchFIRMSetParams is set to launch from slot1 and it fails with certainty if it can't find anything there.

@AHP_person
This is likely the case, but even when I manually set the parameters to launch safemode mset, for example, it still doesn't work without a gamecard. It might be wise to see what safemode process9 is doing, so I'll look into that.

Reactions: Ronhero and zoogie

hudhair

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am running waithax on n3ds but it says it is using o3ds speed and eta is an hour and 5 min. Any idea why?

Mars80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi. Im on 11.2U forgot to backup the ctrnand. and now it says "failed to mouth CTRNAND" and I cant open the console normally. Can anyone help me ?

are you following 3ds.guide? because if so than just continue with the next steps as the guides says it's fine, also what do you mean by "cant open the console normally"?

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
woah 4th 3ds finally worked after i dont even know how many tries, is it normal for the top screen to be blue and the bottom screen to be flashing green and pink the entire time it's on 2.1 normal?

Roomsaver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I apologize in advance for the noob question, but I am a bit paranoid before I get started.

I have a ton of installed games, and game saves. Will these be backed up, and restored through this process if I follow the guides? Or will these things be lost?
If you follow the guide you should be able to keep all of your games and saves.

PineappleOwl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
are you following 3ds.guide? because if so than just continue with the next steps as the guides says it's fine, also what do you mean by "cant open the console normally"?

Its like I can boot in HourGlass9 and even Luma3DS Config. But the next thing in guide is to system restore to 11.2. but the thing is I didnt backup. So what I did was to inject FBI then reboot and still stuck at "Failed to mount CTRNAND"

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. Im on 11.2U forgot to backup the ctrnand. and now it says "failed to mouth CTRNAND" and I cant open the console normally. Can anyone help me ?
Doing anything major on SysNAND without making damn sure you backed it up. Auto CTRTransfer even has a step where it'll back it up for you right there, you just have to press A.

https://3ds.guide/9.2.0-ctrtransfer

Last edited by Cuphat,

nickelci

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Confirmed working with cubic ninja via sky3ds blue button, when homebrew launcher loads you must take the sky3ds cart out and place a retail cart in. success on a red n3ds xl (11.1, pokemon sun/moon black n3ds xl (11.2) and a n3ds mario black edition (11.0)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ... that's rough buddy