Hacking Safehax (11.1/2) downgrade without DSIWare

rphlfjrd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Achieved that status after 1 successful a9lh installation. Sure, I studied a9lh during 5 months before that, but still.
I'm diving in head first with no clue whatsoever lmao. This is all alien to me after years with the PSP and Android Rom flashing. :D:D

(holy shit emojis are better here than on OnePlus Forums which uses Xenforo too)

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I have a question, while waiting for fasthax for my O3DS 11.2, after realizing that my 4GB SD card would not be enough, I bought me a 32GB one, but it's a Micro SD with a adapter, do they work fine for the downgrading process?
A microSD with an adapter is functionally identical to a full-sized SD card. I always buy microSDs these days.

Reactions: rphlfjrd

Hyoretsu

Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm diving in head first with no clue whatsoever lmao. This is all alien to me after years with the PSP and Android Rom flashing. :D:D

(holy shit emojis are better here than on OnePlus Forums which uses Xenforo too)
Then, follow my guide. 100% noob-friendly.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

A microSD with an adapter is functionally identical to a full-sized SD card. I always buy microSDs these days.
That's also why I ALWAYS say microSD instead of SD card.

Saiken07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

I see, thats good to know, I wanted to make sure because, I have read in different sites that where saying how bad those actually are, so I wanted to make sure.

Grantman20

Trophies
Website
www.pokemon.com
XP
Country
United States
  1. Go to “SysNAND Options”, then “CTRNAND Transfer”, then “Auto CTRNAND Transfer”
  2. Select the 2.1.0 ctrtransfer image when prompted by pressing (A)
  3. If you do not already have a NAND backup, backup SysNAND to NANDmin.bin when prompted by pressing (A)
  4. Allow the transfer process to proceed automatically, this may take some time
  5. Once the transfer is complete, press (B) to go back
  6. Press (Select) to eject your SD card
  7. Delete the 2.1.0 ctrtransfer image .bin and .bin.sha from the /files9/ folder on your SD card
  8. Clear Home Menu’s extdata by navigating to the following folder on your SD card: /Nintendo 3DS/(32 Character ID)/(32 Character ID)/extdata/00000000/
    • EUR Region: Delete 00000098
    • JPN Region: Delete 00000082
    • USA Region: Delete 0000008f
    • KOR Region: Delete 000000A9
  9. Reinsert your SD card into your 3DS
  10. Press (Start) to reboot

Help? ^ i did all the steps then pressed start to reboot and my 3ds screen has been stuck on a blackscreen for a while now.

Hyoretsu

Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
  1. Go to “SysNAND Options”, then “CTRNAND Transfer”, then “Auto CTRNAND Transfer”
  3. If you do not already have a NAND backup, backup SysNAND to NANDmin.bin when prompted by pressing (A)
  7. Delete the 2.1.0 ctrtransfer image .bin and .bin.sha from the /files9/ folder on your SD card
  8. Clear Home Menu’s extdata by navigating to the following folder on your SD card: /Nintendo 3DS/(32 Character ID)/(32 Character ID)/extdata/00000000/
Help? ^ i did all the steps then pressed start to reboot and my 3ds screen has been stuck on a blackscreen for a while now.
Re-delete the folder.

Strongal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Boot without Sd and then insert it.

rphlfjrd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aaaaand I'm done! Thanks everyone especially @Strongal . Not gonna lie I was tense af. My mind almost went full retard and was supposed to put my N3DS to sleep WHILE on 2.1. Lmao

In theory, I can now dump my cartridge games and install them to sdcard right?

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
since the nand backup only did a partial backup (min), how do i restore the save files for the games that didnt transfer over, but are still redownloadble in the eshop.. if i outright redownload, no previous save data is found and starts from scratch

rphlfjrd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
since the nand backup only did a partial backup (min), how do i restore the save files for the games that didnt transfer over, but are still redownloadble in the eshop.. if i outright redownload, no previous save data is found and starts from scratch
That's why I didn't dare to touch Fire Emblem: Awakening before CFW method for 11.2 released. I was tempted but decided to wait it out.

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Min size" backups aren't partial backups, it's the entirety of the NAND that matters. You should not lose any save data assuming you didn't delete any of it off of your SD card. (Games and saves are located in the "Nintendo 3DS" folder of your SD card.)

Last edited by Cuphat,

zerofalcon

Trophies
XP
Country
Just finished exploiting my 3DS XL on version 11.0.0.33U by using this safehax+fasthax http://gbatemp.net/attachments/safehax-zip.73611/, btw my entry point worked at first try by using oot3dhax. It was really fast, no waiting even 1 min to launch decrypt9, everything went safe/expected and followed as plailect guide. Thanks everyone (devs and community)! :yay3ds:

Reactions: Mars80

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I'd quite enjoy a life of taking it easy. But I haven't reached that life yet.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I didn't care for that one so much, but didn't play it much either.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just played little of "Still Wakes The Deep" , just came to gamepass today, its alright, kinda creepy. I'm not usually a horror game fan, but it looks really good graphic wise, esp w 4k. I admit it made me jump a few times.
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    Anyone here using the 3DS?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    do u have pretendo?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    whats ur code?
  • B @ btjunior:
    i dont have pretendo sorry
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    oh ok
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    well if ur console isnt modded i suggest u to mod it
  • B @ btjunior:
    also, just curius, does the freinds app still work after the shutdown?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    yes
  • B @ btjunior:
    nice
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    but u cant play online games anymore :(
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i miss going in other peoples town
  • B @ btjunior:
    yeah
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i have a friend named Pineapple (@pineappleJuice hi). we played a lot the day b4 the server shutdown
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I preten to know doe
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @LNLenost how well is the pretendo servers, you ever get kicked off games when playing online?
    +1
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    @BigOnYa not always you get kicked. it happens rarely to me.
    +1
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    ofc they're not great, but props to them for making this
    +1
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    btw, I decided to make the nintendo support team going insane
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i told them my badges disappeared after i opened the badge arcade after the shutdown, but actually they disappeared because i opened the badge arcade w/ pretendo
  • AcuteBulbasaurappears @ AcuteBulbasaurappears:
    Hey, is there anybody who knows how to create wuhb-files? :) I would like to create forwarders for two Wii-channels: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wuhb-to-vwii-channel-request.657253/#post-10441514
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    dracula has some sick bars ngl
    +1
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/XnZLsJuNCnM?feature=shared&t=9 +1