Does the exploit work for you?

• Total voters

TheOverseer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, I might add. This exploit will mean instant sighax possibility for anyone on 11.2 or lower, I believe. That's an absolute nightmare for Nintendo. Technically this would mean A9LH levels of control almost for absolutely anyone.

Seems 3DS just became the Wii. Can anyone say Hello, Bootmii?

Reactions: Kyubnyan

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
Also, I might add. This exploit will mean instant sighax possibility for anyone on 11.2 or lower, I believe. That's an absolute nightmare for Nintendo. Technically this would mean A9LH levels of control almost for absolutely anyone.

Seems 3DS just became the Wii. Can anyone say Hello, Bootmii?

Hello, BootMii. Nice to exploit you~

TheOverseer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, BootMii. Nice to exploit you~

I guess this means the days of needing to downgrade to 2.1 for O3DS users is over, unless of course they simply want earliest code execution. Although Bootmii type setup will probably be viable as well. Though, I do admit, I like ARM9Loaderhax simply because of how reliable it is.

That said, Bootmii type setup means a lot of things can be done from it. For example, you could probably install titles as A11 processors will be running, and things like that which aren't possible with A9LH due to how early it executes code.

Kyubnyan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess this means the days of needing to downgrade to 2.1 for O3DS users is over, unless of course they simply want earliest code execution. Although Bootmii type setup will probably be viable as well. Though, I do admit, I like ARM9Loaderhax simply because of how reliable it is.

That said, Bootmii type setup means a lot of things can be done from it. For example, you could probably install titles as A11 processors will be running, and things like that which aren't possible with A9LH due to how early it executes code.
we will still have to downgrade to 2.1 until sighax comes out tho. but we can back up nand before downgrading at all.

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I was told you still need to downgrade to 2.1 to get arm9loaderhax working.... you can just downgrade from 11.2 is how i was understand it.. did i miss something?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

we will still have to downgrade to 2.1 until sighax comes out tho. but we can back up nand before downgrading at all.

so if i backup my 11.2 nand when i downgrade after i get the arm9 installed i can restore my 11.2?

Reactions: WaterBotttle

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was told you still need to downgrade to 2.1 to get arm9loaderhax working.... you can just downgrade from 11.2 is how i was understand it.. did i miss something?

so if i backup my 11.2 nand when i downgrade after i get the arm9 installed i can restore my 11.2?
Most of this is assuming sighax is released though.

Kyubnyan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, but a new exploit for giving OTP access was brought up at 3c33 which will make it unnecessary to downgrade when it is released to the public.

TheOverseer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Well, yeah. But Sighax is a massive step forward for 3DS, I think, due to not requiring OTP. Like I mentioned, it's control isn't *quite* as strong as A9LH, but it'd probably be close.

TheOverseer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Sighax and ARM9LoaderHax are two different exploits with similar ends.

ARM9LoaderHax uses a secret processor password called the OTP to gain code execution extremely early in the boot process.

Sighax on the other hand, uses cryptography exploits to set up a scenario where it views code we want to execute as properly signed, simply booting it instead of a normal firmware. So we'd gain execution where we'd normally get a firmware, and then boot into the normal firmware.

This is why a Bootmii like solution is fairly likely.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6rI8eXgDxd/?igsh=MWYybHY2YXoyM3I2cQ==