Why the 3DS can't be downgraded on 11.4 "For Dummies" (A simple explanation for the rest of us)

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Swiftloke, Sep 11, 2016.

1. testing123

testing123 GBAtemp Regular

May 7, 2009
    United States
    These were both correct! I got luma update and a new safeb9 installed right.

Doing the system update step now.

Quantumcat likes this.
  2. testing123

May 7, 2009
    United States
    So I managed to get the transfer completely done. I'm on the final steps, but I'm a bit worried at the step of "
    Do NOT use b9sTool on a device that already has arm9loaderhax installed or you will BRICK!
    "

I'm not sure I should install bs9tools because I'm not sure if I have armloader installed. Is there a way to check that for sure?

3. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    If you follow what the guide says you'll be fine. It deliberately doesn't tell you to copy the nds file to the source system so you can't accidentally launch it (the missing file means you just get a white screen to say exploit worked, but it won't do anything).

4. testing123

May 7, 2009
    United States
    So it's safe even though this is a system transfer from the previous 3ds that had arm9 installed?

5. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    It doesn't have any CFW yet. You have to run it to install CFW. If you run it for a second time, after you've already installed CFW, then you might have an issue.
    CFW does not transfer - the transfer only moves bought games and user data (if it did, we wouldn't have to worry about using the DSiWare game to install it, you could just do a transfer and done).

6. testing123

May 7, 2009
    United States
    Got it. So this means all the software is on the 3ds and not the sd card, so it can be exchanged. Now I get it.

Thanks for all your help! It worked fine after the initial issues with the early files.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice