Homebrew Safe NAND Manager - Safely dump or restore your DSi NAND!

haddad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How do you use this? I Launched it from Twilight, and I put the NAND Backup in a folder called DSi Nand backup on the SD Card, do I proceed with Restore a NAND Backup? and it will have me browse for the backup file I created before installing unlaunch?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you use this? I Launched it from Twilight, and I put the NAND Backup in a folder called DSi Nand backup on the SD Card, do I proceed with Restore a NAND Backup? and it will have me browse for the backup file I created before installing unlaunch?
No. You need to create a NAND backup so that a new folder is created, and replace the backup in the created folder with your existing backup.

haddad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No. You need to create a NAND backup so that a new folder is created, and replace the backup in the created folder with your existing backup.
I have already created a NAND Backup before I installed UnLaunch. It's a folder with the name DT######## and inside it has a .bin and a .bin.sha1

Do I put the DT#### on root of SD card? After that, what's next step?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have already created a NAND Backup before I installed UnLaunch. It's a folder with the name DT######## and inside it has a .bin and a .bin.sha1

Do I put the DT#### on root of SD card? After that, what's next step?
This application does not use the DT name.
Actually, just launch the application, and a new folder will be created. You can then put the "nand.bin" & "nand.bin.sha1" files in the new folder.

haddad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This application does not use the DT name.
Actually, just launch the application, and a new folder will be created. You can then put the "nand.bin" & "nand.bin.sha1" files in the new folder.
I launched the application and then closed it, checked the root of my card, no new folder created,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I launched the application and then closed it, checked the root of my card, no new folder created,
The folder is in the same location as the .nds file.
Actually, from looking at the source code, it does use the "DT" name, so put said files in that folder.

haddad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The folder is in the same location as the .nds file.
Actually, from looking at the source code, it does use the "DT" name, so put said files in that folder.
1- I currently already have a DT# on the root of my SD Card (this is no the original)
2- I have a DT# (nand backup, before installing unlaunch)
3- do I put the DT(#nand backup before unlaunch), put the entire DT# folder with the .nds file? or put the .bin files only?
4- then I launch the nds application, choose restore, and browser for the DT# (nand backup, before unlaunch) ?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1- I currently already have a DT# on the root of my SD Card (this is no the original)
2- I have a DT# (nand backup, before installing unlaunch)
3- do I put the DT(#nand backup before unlaunch), put the entire DT# folder with the .nds file? or put the .bin files only?
4- then I launch the nds application, choose restore, and browser for the DT# (nand backup, before unlaunch) ?
3. Put the .nds in the same location as the DT# folder (not saying to put it inside that folder), or vice versa.
4. Selecting restore will go straight to restoring the NAND backup from the DT# folder.

haddad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
3. Put the .nds in the same location as the DT# folder (not saying to put it inside that folder), or vice versa.
4. Selecting restore will go straight to restoring the NAND backup from the DT# folder.
I put the nanddumper.nds in the originl DSI Nand backup DT# Folder, its asking me to do a NAND dump

Won't give me option to restore

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I put the nanddumper.nds in the originl DSI Nand backup DT# Folder, its asking me to do a NAND dump

Won't give me option to restore
Again, I didn't say to put it in the folder. I said to put it where that folder is, not inside it.

Pin1988

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thank you so much @RocketRobz for this tool! Worked like a charm on my DSi LL!
Although it's "safe" I guess one still shouldn't do this too often, right? My restore Operation wrote ~77k sectors, any experience how many sector writes a NAND needs to become unstable? :-)

Secondly just some clarification maybe after reading your thread with @haddad here. For me the location of the NAND Backup was dependent on how I started your tool. Both the safe NAND manager and the dumptool I used as per the dsi cfw guide were in a folder SD:/tools/ for me. Dumptool also created it's "DT***" folder in there when backing up. When I launcher your tool via TM++ it directly offered the restore option. But when I launched it via unlaunch directly (as per dsi cfw guide on this topic) it didn't and created it's folder in root :-) i just copied the backup and then it worked. just in case anyone's wondering in the future! But I guess I could've also started it from TM++ and it would've worked likewise, right?

Thanks again for this fine piece of software!

Reactions: RocketRobz

haddad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you so much @RocketRobz for this tool! Worked like a charm on my DSi LL!
Although it's "safe" I guess one still shouldn't do this too often, right? My restore Operation wrote ~77k sectors, any experience how many sector writes a NAND needs to become unstable? :-)

Secondly just some clarification maybe after reading your thread with @haddad here. For me the location of the NAND Backup was dependent on how I started your tool. Both the safe NAND manager and the dumptool I used as per the dsi cfw guide were in a folder SD:/tools/ for me. Dumptool also created it's "DT***" folder in there when backing up. When I launcher your tool via TM++ it directly offered the restore option. But when I launched it via unlaunch directly (as per dsi cfw guide on this topic) it didn't and created it's folder in root :-) i just copied the backup and then it worked. just in case anyone's wondering in the future! But I guess I could've also started it from TM++ and it would've worked likewise, right?

Thanks again for this fine piece of software!
So when you launched the NANDManager.DSi, it was in the same location as the DT# folder? And DT# folder had ur .bin files of ur original NAND?

Reactions: Pin1988

Pin1988

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So when you launched the NANDManager.DSi, it was in the same location as the DT# folder? And DT# folder had ur .bin files of ur original NAND?
The Nandmanager.NDS is in SD:/tools/

If my DT folder with the .bin inside is in SD:/DTxxxxx I needed to launch the nandmanager through unlaunch. If it's in SD:/tools/DTxxxxx I needed to launch the nandmanager through twilight menu++. In both cases it directly offered to restore the backup without the need to create another backup through the nandmanager :-)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Go ahead. I think there's a phone at my mums grave :D