Hacking S0FTMII 2.1.1 UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.

dottor_male

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well, if this is true, we can simply use cIOScorp... Softmii is just a collection of software.
cIOScorp+preloader+some themes+cMIOS = Softmii

I've started with Riskii and just upgrading the preloader and cMIOS, and I have the equivalent of softmii v2...

yakboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A bug with what? The SoftMii team really needs to make a change log so we know if we should update or not.

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
dottor_male said:
Well, if this is true, we can simply use cIOScorp... Softmii is just a collection of software.
cIOScorp+preloader+some themes+cMIOS = Softmii

I've started with Riskii and just upgrading the preloader and cMIOS, and I have the equivalent of softmii v2...

EXACTLY!
Things started to go wrong when someone decided that a "how to" guide needed a name. Guides don't need names - they need TITLES and titles are usually descriptive and informative like "Guide to making your Wii run backups from the Disc Channel". It isn't catchy but then, it shouldn't be.
If "Softmii" is anything at all then it's really just the theme installer app which (I think) was written by/for the people involved.

MicShadow

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is rather ridiculous. Shame on you softmii

NOT! Hi-5! Poorly done joke here. No one is gonna pay for softmii. Heck ill make it myself if it comes to that. Not like its actually that hard

harryk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
aaaah, THAT's the reason why I never really got WHAT excactly Softmii does. Because it doesn't do a damn thing. lol... pathetic.

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Oh man all these SoftMii, HealthII or whatever really sucks (and everyone is copying it
blink.gif
).
If you don´t know how to softmod your Wii don´t do it. Most of the programs are anyway useless.
Seriously who needs a new boot logo or theme

jacklaidlaw

Trophies
XP
Country
seems the softmii "team" are a little quiet they must still be counting the cash hope the developers of the apps softmii uses ask for them to be removed why should they make money from FREEWARE

Skarface05

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The first link was not a scam site - it was done to try and help towards the hosting costs for Softmii.Org.

Feel free tho to use the download link on Softmii.org.

We will remove the other option - IT WAS NOT A SCAM -

You can think what you want and choose to use gamma if you wish
tongue.gif

Also - It is not free to host SoftMii.Org, which is why we are trying to find ways to still make it the best possible package for everyone.

Also - all anyone had to do was enter an email address, nothing else. But it has now been removed.

AkGBA

Nope
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Skarface05 said:
tongue.gif

Softmii is not an alternative to gamma. cIosCORP is. Softchip is. But Softmii, no.

QUOTE(Skarface05 @ Feb 25 2009, 04:50 PM) Also - It is not free to host SoftMii.Org, which is why we are trying to find ways to still make it the best possible package for everyone.

You don't want to pay for bandwith, then use p2p. Bittorrent is perfect for that kind of sharing.
For your forum, use donations or ads.

But don't try to get money with tools you didn't create.

The only things you should get credit for are your CSSM and healthscreens. OK. Anything else rest, well, you shouldn't even release them.
Leave the big boys do it.

jacklaidlaw

Trophies
XP
Country
Skarface05 said:
The first link was not a scam site - it was done to try and help towards the hosting costs for Softmii.Org.

Feel free tho to use the download link on Softmii.org.

We will remove the other option - IT WAS NOT A SCAM -

tongue.gif

Also - It is not free to host SoftMii.Org, which is why we are trying to find ways to still make it the best possible package for everyone.

i dont have a problem with softmii.org making money they should make money but not from people downloading other developers freely availible software. I know softmii is more than just a guide it has its own csm maybe if you done your software through that site and other peoples software through your own site no one could complain they either take it or leave it

Raziel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, i think that the youtube gracery getting video was a joke, i downloaded and installed softmii2.1.1 yesterday before this thread even started and everything works fine, not sure what "bugs" were fixed, but i went ahead and tried it, i am chipped starfalled and softmiied. any questions?

Skarface05

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You seem to have this misconception that SoftMii has made money or is about making money.

You are badly mistaken - Currently we have paid towards the hosting as the costs have not been covered so again if it was about making money we would be doing something about that.

If we can not meet the hosting, the SoftMii site will be gone. We will try our best to avoid this, but that is the way it is.

We are sorry if anyone thinks that this was about making money- but it's not.

hughjass

Trophies
Website
www.marcreeves.co.uk
XP
Country
I get the fact you guys need to cover hosting costs, but why are you paying to host a site. There are plenty of free website and forums creator thingys, that won't cost a penny. Ok, you won't get a nice URL like softmii.org, but why do you need a proper site?

Here, or a free forum or site, just somewhere to release softmii versions, and post news and whatnot, is all that's needed.

I mean, you don't see wiigator setting up a site just for the gamma launcher, I don't understand why you need a website, especially when this isn't an actual software release, it's a package of other people's work.

Whatever, I don't really have a problem with softmii, it's quite good to have an all in one package. It's just all these other 'csms', that are just a copy of softmii, with some piss poor 'theme' which isnt really a theme, just changing the color of the menu bar and pointer to a block color. Ugh.

Skarface05

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Most of the free hosting sites are no good due to the number of hits and the level of bandwidth required. We did look into that option originally.

Wiigator did not set up his own site, but we have. We will continue to bring new things to the scene and hope that people can understand that not everything is free in this world. It would be nice if it was.

We are also looking to take SoftMii into other directions so you will see why SoftMii has it's own site. Also a number of us were fed up with the way things were going on this site and a number of others and felt we could do a better job.

Anyway, it's not an issue - look out for fridays release which has some new system menu hacks for you all.

Here are a few previews for you :

DSCF0536.jpg

DSCF0543.jpg

DSCF0535.jpg

A few other points about SoftMii - We set up #softmii on efnet and it is now avererging 75+ people a day who come to us for live support on anything SoftMii releated or Wii related. We also give out our tools and tutorials to help others create there own custom system menu's.

http://softmii.org

myers

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
look people.... you choose whether to use softmii or not its entirely your choice nobody is forcing ya to use it. afterall there are other options which im sure your all aware of.

alright the dl link might of been a bad idea but like scarface said all you had to do was enter an email address (which any mail sent would of probably gone in ya junk mail box anyway).

by the way loving the new themes
smile.gif

Puma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love the hypocricy of these forums

they try to cover hosting costs with a site that pays them per DL, they get flamed. they post up some new cSM screenies - things only few can do, and everyone shuts up or contradicts themselves.

They fixed some bugs that could potentially brick in 2.0 in 2.0.1

priapism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this may have been asked but...

it there a way to change the Wii Menu theme without changing the Health Warning screen or are those things linked to each other?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nearly 4 hours without power :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    SO POWERLESS
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tell Kanye I need power
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Better start running in your hamster wheel
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Meth addicts on a treadmill connected to a generator "Unlimited POWER!!!'
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before or after a hit?
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Do you dangle a baggie in front of them, like a carrot?
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    they're the same thing
    +1
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay