Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Puma said:
I love the hypocricy of these forums

We try to cover hosting costs with a site that pays us per DL, we get flamed. We post up some new cSM screenies - things only Fors and digity can do, and everyone shuts up or contradicts themselves.

We fixed some bugs that could potentially brick in 2.0 in 2.0.1
Don't go getting a big head now...

Puma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
monkeybeast0 said:
Puma said:

We try to cover hosting costs with a site that pays us per DL, we get flamed. We post up some new cSM screenies - things only Fors and digity can do, and everyone shuts up or contradicts themselves.

Don't go getting a big head now...
???

Also, unless someone doesn't change the health screen, no simple way exists atm

jacklaidlaw

Trophies
XP
Country
Puma said:

I aint sucking up for some csm "fors and digity" aint the only ones that can do this I know I can do my own csm exactly like the screenshots, if you look at the time of release I was the first person to change and release the "return to wii menu?" text thats not to say other people hadnt figured it out before me, they just never released it till the next day.

You keep sayin you fixed bugs but you aint been specific people feel that you just release a new version to make money and no one is any closer to knowing what "bugs" have been fixed the only bugs you could have fixed were in the tweak installer or NAND Browser as everything else was basicly someone elses software. We fixed bugs means jack when you release software people want to know whats chaged hence changelog but when you dont tell people they get suspicious.

Also I built up many heavy traffic sites in my time and realise that hosting costs really need to be paid in such a way that you aint left out of pocket and possibly a bit of beer money left over the way I would do this is get some ads up on the site and make people register for forum and have a say 5 post minimum before they can download anything that way your forums will build up people will see the site aint just for downloading latest softmii and you will hopefully make a success.

Anyway who am i to tell you how to run your shit do what you want just dont brand everyone in this thread as 1, And before you call me a hater I am a softmii user and quite like the easy install of a few great apps for the wii

Skarface05

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for your reply.

Nobody expects you to " suck up " as you put it. I don't know where the last comment came from but well done to you for making your changes to the return to wii menu text.

The bug was to do with the install - if you have already installed softmii, it's fine. But we ask you to delete your current softmii folder on your pc or sd card and replace it with the updated one from http://softmii.org as this will solve any possible problems. The risk is very small, but we just want to keep all users safe
tongue.gif

We are going down the route of now putting ads on the site, so please bear with us as you see many changes to the softmii site over the next few days.

We have a forum set up already which is up and running with 143 members currently and growing everyday - If you would like to register, please do so at http://softmii.org/forum

priapism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Puma said:
Also, unless someone doesn't change the health screen, not any simple noob-proof way exists

Bummer. i have an awesome Health Screen that i made and i really like. some of the CSM designs on Softmii.org are really cool but the Health Screens that come with them aren't really my style (no offense). you don't take requests, do you?

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
WHAT WAS FIXED?!
YOU KEEP TRYING TO LOOK LIKE THE GOOD GUYS HERE BUT WHAT ARE YOU SAVING US FROM EXACTLY?
AS FAR AS WE CAN SEE THIS "UPDATE" WAS JUST TO INCREASE TRAFFIC ON YOUR PAY-PER-DOWNLOAD LINK.
AND AS FOR JUNK EMAILS NOT BEING AN ISSUE - WTF?!?! REDUCING JUNK EMAILS IS A BIG PROBLEM THESE DAYS - THE LAST THING I WANT IS MORE CRAP IN MY INBOX, THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

(caps intended, ok...)

jacklaidlaw

Trophies
XP
Country
Puma said:
3 things I have to say in response:

1) Learn some grammar, please.
2)If I cared enough, I'd make something even digity hasn't done yet.
3) If you use SoftMii, why flame it o.o?

1) grammar aint important i got my point across
2)I never said you couldnt
3)I aint flaming im just trying to help you im criticizing softmii as a hole your site package and how you distribute it some big companies pay people to do this so they can do their best to sort any issues out im doing it for free
yaypsp.gif

btw you still aint said what was fixed

Skarface05

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Last reply - If you want anything from SoftMii come to our site and get it.

You are all being pathetic...We don't get anything from people downloading at Softmii.org where I told you to download it, so what the fuck are you on about? Check your facts.

Anyway - Have Fun.

Puma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also won't post here again.

It's useless arguing with the ignorance of gbatemp.

jacklaidlaw

Trophies
XP
Country
Skarface05 said:
Last reply - If you want anything from SoftMii come to our site and get it.

You are all being pathetic...We don't get anything from people downloading at Softmii.org where I told you to download it, so what the fuck are you on about? Check your facts.

Anyway - Have Fun.

still no changelog lol obviously none is needed as there were no changes

hughjass

Trophies
Website
www.marcreeves.co.uk
XP
Country
Puma said:

Well i'm not a hypocrite, I still hold the same opinion. It doesn't matter what screenshots you post.
And I fail to see how what the screenshots show are things that only fors and digity can do. They're just themes, and it seems everyone is doing their own 'themes' now, saying it's their own csm and giving it a dumb name.

Anyway, I'm pleased to see that you guys are actually trying to do something interesting with the GUI, instead of just changing the bottom bar to a block color. I still think it will be some time before we have something that truly betters the nintendo GUI, but it's good to see anyway.

And I don't have a problem with softmii, and I understand you need to cover hosting costs for your site. But there's always a way to either do it for free, or cover the costs without making other people pay for something.

I do think people are being a little bit harsh on you guys though. I mean, so what if you've just bundled some software together and thrown in a guide. There is a point to it, and it still requires time and effort on your part. You're doing it off your own backs and trying your best.

But people like drama, especially the people here, so what can you do?
laugh.gif

hughjass

Trophies
Website
www.marcreeves.co.uk
XP
Country
fishears said:
WHAT WAS FIXED?!
YOU KEEP TRYING TO LOOK LIKE THE GOOD GUYS HERE BUT WHAT ARE YOU SAVING US FROM EXACTLY?
AS FAR AS WE CAN SEE THIS "UPDATE" WAS JUST TO INCREASE TRAFFIC ON YOUR PAY-PER-DOWNLOAD LINK.
AND AS FOR JUNK EMAILS NOT BEING AN ISSUE - WTF?!?! REDUCING JUNK EMAILS IS A BIG PROBLEM THESE DAYS - THE LAST THING I WANT IS MORE CRAP IN MY INBOX, THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

(caps intended, ok...)

There is such a thing as creating another email to sign up with. Takes like 30 seconds on googlemail. Stop being such a drama queen. Spam email is not a problem, you're just trying to make a big deal over nothing.

I do agree with the changelog thing however. They cant just say 'bugs were fixed' and not elaborate on that, or give an answer that avoids the question.

Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder how many people realize that SoftMii probably has their monthly usage in the tens of Terrabytes.

Hell, I know an imageboard (not 4chan) that uses 15-20TB a month.

Hosting isn't free, hosting isn't cheap, especially if you have tons of people downloading massive amounts of data from it constantly.

The fact that people are crying over this shows how low things have reached.

Please, think before you complain.

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just found this thread so i'll answer the question. Long story short user says he installed and is now getting file corrupt messages. we yank the pack off the site immediately assuming there is something wrong. People ask why the files down, we tell them there is a bug and we are trying to find it. We start looking through the pack and testing it on our machines while another troubleshoots with him. We arn't getting any errors, decide to delete the pack and re-assemble it. Find out the guy has a corrupt download. Finish putting the pack back together and testing. Changelog : Partial re-write on install instructions, folder added for themes that wasn't created in the original pack, and some minor clean up on the default csm, pull the apps from the pack to reduce size, release it as 2.1.1. since its a minor revision. As for the original complaint of the download link, i wasn't aware it required email or i wouldn't have agreed to it, it was intended as an easy for all way to enable us to get the website and forums up running and keep it free from ads. its gone now and don't worry the download WILL remain on-site from now on, well as long as im helping with/part of softmii anyway.

Ga1l0w

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
digitydogs said:
I just found this thread so i'll answer the question. Long story short user says he installed and is now getting file corrupt messages. we yank the pack off the site immediately assuming there is something wrong. People ask why the files down, we tell them there is a bug and we are trying to find it. We start looking through the pack and testing it on our machines while another troubleshoots with him. We arn't getting any errors, decide to delete the pack and re-assemble it. Find out the guy has a corrupt download. Finish putting the pack back together and testing. Changelog : Partial re-write on install instructions, folder added for themes that wasn't created in the original pack, and some minor clean up on the default csm, pull the apps from the pack to reduce size, release it as 2.1.1. since its a minor revision. As for the original complaint of the download link, i wasn't aware it required email or i wouldn't have agreed to it, it was intended as an easy for all way to enable us to get the website and forums up running and keep it free from ads. its gone now and don't worry the download WILL remain on-site from now on, well as long as im helping with/part of softmii anyway.

Thanks for explaining this. BTW the softmii forums are 404.

Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Softmii staff.
Why not have the option of downloading Softmii via bit torrent?
I'm sure most of us here have it, so it's not like it'd be that big of a deal, and it'd cut down on the bandwidth as well.

Playgame38

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Miles said:
Hey Softmii staff.
Why not have the option of downloading Softmii via bit torrent?
I'm sure most of us here have it, so it's not like it'd be that big of a deal, and it'd cut down on the bandwidth as well.

Agreed, the more peers the faster it will be!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up