Ryujinx emulator taken down after devs reach agreement with Nintendo

images.png

In what could possibly be the worst way to start October for emulation enthusiasts, as of just a few minutes ago the Ryujinx repository appears to be down, with the usual "404" message being given when trying to enter any of their related GitHub pages. Not even the main Ryujinx developer account seems to be active.

Currently there hasn't been any official reports as to why this occurred. None of the official social media accounts for the emulator have given any response, nor has any of the developers talked about why the repository is down, but we'll be sure to keep you updated whenever any new developments towards this situation are known.

UPDATE #1: Given the nature of the page being down with a 404 message, it's possible that this could be related to the removal of the Ryujinx account, and not a DMCA. If the repository suffered from a DMCA claim, then the DMCA notice would appear when entering the repository. However, that is not the case, and the DMCA listings from GitHub doesn't have any recent entries for Ryujinx.

UPDATE #2: The Ryujinx Discord server has paused invites for the moment, and additionally, one of the Discord mods posted the following message:
"To clarify, it's not a DMCA, it's not an issue with GitHub. Please wait for further information and refrain from spreading misinfo thanks."

UPDATE #3: According to an official statement on Ryujinx's Discord server, developer gdkchan was contacted by Nintendo and they were offered an agreement to stop working on the emulator project, and while the agreement wasn't confirmed yet, the organization has been entirely removed.

1727808272357.png

This marks now the 2nd and only main remaining Switch emulator that Nintendo has taken down as of today, and without any proper and clear protection when it comes to emulation and preservation down the road, it's likely that Nintendo will continue on its efforts to bring down emulation as a whole.

:arrow: Ryujinx GitHub Repository

Last edited by ShadowOne333,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well with Ryujinx ending development, what other fork is the suggested one?
I already have Suyu and Torzu backed up, and I'd have Sudachi if it had a Linux version, but sadly it doesn't.

Does anyone know how to setup Suyu/Torzu with Emudeck's ROM Manager? So Suyu/Torzu get detected as the default apps for Switch emulation.

• Haha
Reactions: BlusterBong

Mopquill

Grumpy Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Buddy, the DMCA is a U.S. law, it doesn't apply in Brazil. This has nothing to do with the courts. It's really easy to say "why wouldn't they just do x" from a position outside of it, but you're conjecturing wildly, despite knowing precisely dick. You're arguing with developers and scene leaders who have inside information you don't, based on what "might be possible".

It's very likely this person was scared. And it doesn't have to be for any legal reason. It could literally be "holy shit people stalked me and showed up to my HOUSE" after six years of messages and who knows what.

Never mind that you're talking from such a place of privilege that you don't even realize it. Brazil doesn't have copyright laws because it doesn't have a lot of laws. There are two really big orgs that specialize in drugs and extortion. Maybe they had dirt on them, or pretended they had dirt on them, etc. All Nintendo's agents would have to do is *imply* they'd make their life materially harder, and having showed up at their place, why in the hell wouldn't they believe them? They came all the way to freaking Brazil, and probably outlined some scenarios that made them fearful.

Like yeah, if they tried that bs with me (or possibly you, idk how full of shit you are besides this), I'd know exactly my legal rights and blah blah blah, but that's from growing up in a position of security in a litigious country and being taught my rights since a young age. Like yeah, putting them on blast on social media with recordings of what they were doing would've been a great tactic, but if you're afraid, it's hard to think rationally and know what all your options are, and after 6 years, I bet they were really tired.

It's a war of attrition, and individual people are gonna lose to organizations most of the time, be it DMCA floods and SLAPP lawsuits in countries like mine, or shadier tactics elsewhere.

And dude, if it was a payout? Good for them. Open source is most often a tiresome, thankless job that drains your financial resources and morale. If they scared them *and* offered them a payout, I'd advise anyone I considered a friend to take it immediately.

All said, insisting it was a payout -- when you have no actual information or data to suggest otherwise -- means your best guess is that Nintendo suddenly changed their M.O. from decades of known info on their operations to make this one exception that justifies your redirection of anger, besides totally violating Occam's Razor. You're either a shill, a plant, or an idiot -- take your pick.

Last edited by Mopquill,

BlusterBong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already have Suyu and Torzu backed up, and I'd have Sudachi if it had a Linux version, but sadly it doesn't.

Does anyone know how to setup Suyu/Torzu with Emudeck's ROM Manager? So Suyu/Torzu get detected as the default apps for Switch emulation.
Just wait untill a fully new and non-derivative Switch Emulator comes since Suyu barely gets updated and like I said, the only consistantly updated thing is the README file and the guy running Torzu sort of gave up for the most part. and also like I said, if you're that fucking desparate to play the bing bing wahoo game and want to use Sadachi, you have to learn how to use Bluestacks or Waydroid depending on what OS you have. not like there's much reason to even emulate the switch if you think about it for two seconds since the lionshare of the librarry is already on PC and will provide a much better expierence than running them through an emulator of a 7 year old tablet.

Reactions: ChronosNotashi

Lumpofcoal

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Buddy, the DMCA is a U.S. law, it doesn't apply in Brazil. This has nothing to do with the courts. It's really easy to say "why wouldn't they just do x" from a position outside of it, but you're conjecturing wildly, despite knowing precisely dick. You're arguing with developers and scene leaders who have inside information you don't, based on what "might be possible".

It's very likely this person was scared. And it doesn't have to be for any legal reason. It could literally be "holy shit people stalked me and showed up to my HOUSE" after six years of messages and who knows what.

Never mind that you're talking from such a place of privilege that you don't even realize it. Brazil doesn't have copyright laws because it doesn't have a lot of laws. There are two really big orgs that specialize in drugs and extortion. Maybe they had dirt on them, or pretended they had dirt on them, etc. All Nintendo's agents would have to do is *imply* they'd make their life materially harder, and having showed up at their place, why in the hell wouldn't they believe them? They came all the way to freaking Brazil, and probably outlined some scenarios that made them fearful.

Like yeah, if they tried that bs with me (or possibly you, idk how full of shit you are besides this), I'd know exactly my legal rights and blah blah blah, but that's from growing up in a position of security in a litigious country and being taught my rights since a young age. Like yeah, putting them on blast on social media with recordings of what they were doing would've been a great tactic, but if you're afraid, it's hard to think rationally and know what all your options are, and after 6 years, I bet there were really tired.

It's a war of attrition, and individual people are gonna lose to organizations most of the time, be it DMCA floods and SLAPP lawsuits in countries like mine, or shadier tactics elsewhere.

And dude, if it was a payout? Good for them. Open source is most often a tiresome, thankless job that drains your financial resources and morale. If they scared them *and* offered them a payout, I'd advise anyone I considered a friend to take it immediately.

All said, insisting it was a payout -- when you have no actual information or data to suggest otherwise -- means your best guest is that Nintendo suddenly changed their M.O. from decades of known info on their operations to make this one exception that justifies your redirection of anger, besides totally violating Occam's Razor. You're either a shill, a plant, or an idiot -- take your pick.

Ryujinx is (was) on github for years. Github is under the purview of DMCA. That's the context. That's what ninty has been doing all along to many other repos on github. If they can't even take it down based on something so simple and practically automatic (as in approval from github side), what legal basis is there to pursue the dev making the emulator then?

As for "developers and scene leaders", exactly who? I haven't seen such sources other than the ones that broke the news about it not being a dmca issue as well as existence of the agreement,

As for the whole "stalking" thing, I will reiterate what I have already said previously. One, it doesn't necessarily mean that he will be intimidated. Do you get intimidated and comply with a demand every time someone shouts at you? Second, ninty would likely have sent legal letters of demand to his house before, meaning that they already knew where he was living long before. Yet the fact that he was never fazed by it and continued on for years kind of points towards him not being intimidated by them having knowledge of his domicile. I don't think he would be much more intimidated if they showed up at his doorstep. Even less so considering the fact that they don't have a legal leg up on him.

As for the part about Brazil not having many laws, if anything, it makes any legal threat argument even more blunt. If folks in Brazil can openly pirate, making an emulator is objectively even less of a legal argument in that country.

As for dirt and all that, that's some extreme conjecture.

I'm not against the payout. I personally see it as a reward for a talented individual. But I would not be approving if it all goes just to him alone.

As for the last line, it applies to EVERYONE, including you. I did not insist on it being a payout any more than others "insisting" on it being the result of a legal threat or some seemingly even suggesting gansterism. We are all sharing our opinions, that much should be clear. Or are you suggesting that disagreement over each other's opinion in a discussion thread isn't allowed? Lest one be called all sorts of things (shill, plant, idiot)? As such, it's a red herring.

Last edited by Lumpofcoal,

Mopquill

Grumpy Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because it shows their hand. Being in Brazil, the developer is *not* under the purview of the NDA, so then they move their repo elsewhere, situation resolved. And they're now aware of Nintendo being ready to take action against them, and more prepared for future issues. Shocking someone is going to be way more effective. Six years of gradually escalating situations culminating in your enemy showing up at your door, you're prepared. Six years of weird emails and then they are suddenly at your house? Most people would fold like a cheap table.

If you think that, you might wanna look at the usernames in this thread and others more carefully lol

It may not *necessarily* mean they were intimidated, but considering they took it down without warning or announcement, and considering sources close to them say people showed up at their door, it is certainly the most likely scenario with the information we have. The whataboutism you're so adamantly sticking to indicates you either have a motive to spread this misinformation, or you're prone to logical fallacy. Again, your choice.

Dude, I said this wasn't likely legal, not sure why you're stuck on it. Legal arguments are useless here because they don't apply. One can easily leave GitHub, etc. behind.

That's what Nintendo does. Guessing they have stuck to their established patterns isn't "extreme conjecture", and that's also how Brazil works to boot. Do you know anything about the country firsthand? It's incredibly corrupt -- makes the US look closer to boy scouts who occasionally conduct covert war crimes. Nintendo nearly always partners with local PIs / law enforcement, and gathering dirt is what they do. It could have been anything.

That's not what a Red Herring fallacy is lol. And identifying fallacies is only useful for recalling methods for disproving assertions, which you've failed to do. You still have to show your work. Thinking they're magic words you can invoke that make you right is juvenile, and good ol' Fallacy Fallacy, which doesn't even need disproving, because you haven't actually asserted anything. Go re-take Logic 101 and try again.

Other people are basing their guess on information they are getting from those closer to the source, myself included. Folks can't say who said what because it paints targets. You are basing yours on -- what? Feelings? Instincts? You don't actually have any info or logic -- you're presenting a narrow set of possibilities and eliminating some of them and claiming that proves a result you have no evidence for. No one is entitled to an opinion, they're entitled to an informed opinion. You clearly aren't informed, and the weak attempts at sealioning and "nah uh , you" are uninspired at best. You are demonstrating lack of information coupled with repeated insistence, which means either: you're being paid to do so (shill), you're undercover for some org with an interest in spreading this narrative (plant), or you're being foolish (idiot, per Merriam-Webster). And there's some flexibility in there for some other option along those lines, but by process of elimination, we have removed "knows what actually happened".

If you had said "my gut instinct is they got paid off, but I have no firsthand knowledge of the situation, so take with a grain of salt", then you'd be sharing an opinion. But you're not doing that, you're blindly asserting a baseless narrative, and you're arguing with anyone who says otherwise. You have a horse in this race, and I wonder why.

In lieu of having any information yourself, anecdotal evidence from established community members wins out. We'll find out more information eventually, so there's no need to be so hasty in your judgment, or stubborn in your fortune-telling. Time will bear out all truths, etc.

Last edited by Mopquill,

NinStar

Ny'hrarr ♂
Trophies
Website
ninstar.carrd.co
XP
Country
Brazil
Brazil doesn't have copyright laws because it doesn't have a lot of laws.
This isn't really true at all.

Yes, there isn't really a DMCA equivalent, but the copyright law still applies and there have been multiple instances where the government cracked down piracy sites/services, and everything else outside of the internet realm follows pretty much the same principles.

Truth is, if you are just a random committing copyright infringement for your own use it is very unlikely that anything will happen to you (which I assume, for the most part, is the same in the US) but if you are the one providing it and the copyright holder is willing to sue you, you will be just as fucked as you would be in the US.

Lumpofcoal

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Because it shows their hand. Being in Brazil, the developer is *not* under the purview of the NDA, so then they move their repo elsewhere, situation. And they're now aware of Nintendo being ready to take action against them, and more prepared for future issues. Shocking someone is going to be way more effective. Six years of gradually escalating situations culminating in your enemy showing up at your door, you're prepared. Six years of weird emails and then they are suddenly at your house? Most people would fold like a cheap table.

If you think that, you might wanna look at the usernames in this thread and others more carefully lol

It may not *necessarily* mean they were intimidated, but considering they took it down without warning or announcement, and considering sources close to them say people showed up at their door, it is certainly the most likely scenario with the information we have. The whataboutism you're so adamantly sticking to indicates you either have a motive to spread this misinformation, or you're prone to logical fallacy. Again, your choice.

Dude, I said this wasn't likely legal, not sure why you're stuck on it. Legal arguments are useless here because they don't apply. One can easily leave GitHub, etc. behind.

That's what Nintendo does. Guessing they have stuck to their established patterns isn't "extreme conjecture", and that's also how Brazil works to boot. Do you know anything about the country firsthand? It's incredibly corrupt -- makes the US look closer to boy scouts who occasionally conduct covert war crimes. Nintendo nearly always partners with local PIs / law enforcement, and gathering dirt is what they do. It could have been anything.

That's not what a Red Herring fallacy is lol. And identifying fallacies is only useful for recalling methods for disproving assertions, which you've failed to do. You still have to show your work. Thinking they're magic words you can invoke that make you right is juvenile, and good ol' Fallacy Fallacy, which doesn't even need disproving, because you haven't actually asserted anything. Go re-take Logic 101 and try again.

Other people are basing their guess on information they are getting from those closer to the source, myself included. Folks can't say who said what because it paints targets. You are basing yours on -- what? Feelings? Instincts? You don't actually have any info or logic -- you're presenting a narrow set of possibilities and eliminating some of them and claiming that proves a result you have no evidence for. No one is entitled to an opinion, they're entitled to an informed opinion. You clearly aren't informed, and the weak attempts at sealioning and "nah uh , you" are uninspired at best. You are demonstrating lack of information coupled with repeated insistence, which means either: you're being paid to do so (shill), you actually are undercover (plant), or you're being foolish (idiot, per Merriam-Webster). And there's some flexibility in there for some other option along those lines, but by process of elimination, we have removed "knows what actually happened".

If you had said "my gut instinct is they got paid off, but I have no firsthand knowledge of the situation, so take with a grain of salt", then you'd be sharing an opinion. But you're not doing that, you're blindly asserting a baseless narrative, and you're arguing with anyone who says otherwise. You have a horse in this race, and I wonder why.

In lieu of having any information yourself, anecdotal evidence from established community members wins out. We'll find out more information eventually, so there's no need to be so hasty in your judgment, or stubborn in your fortune-telling. Time will bear all truths, etc.

Status isn't evidence of knowledge about said event. Hell, it isn't a clear evidence of them being a "dev" or "insider" of ryujinx.

Ninty has never been one that is shy to show their hand. If they think it is wrong and believe that they have a legal basis to do so, then for sure they are going to dmca it. Just like how they mass dmcaed 8500 yuzu forks within a day.

There's no "fallacy" or "whataboutism" if we fundamentally cannot agree on the premise on whether they did turn up at his house, let alone proof of it. As such, we are going to have to agree to disagree in that regard.

I brought up the legal aspect because previous posters I replied to mentioned that as a reason for the dev withdrawing. I disagreed with it. I'm not sure how you missed that out and jumped in on me halfway.

As for your suggestion that ninty is resorting to less than legal means, I think that's the extreme conjecture. One that is potentially libellious. Regardless, without much prove either.

As for "can't say". Be that as it may, it still amounts to nothing more than "trust me bro" and doesn't constitute hard evidence.

You presented as much of a "limited set" of possibilities as I did and you didn't have any evidence for that either. It's about as much as of an opinion as anyone else's. For the record, my previous replies categorically stated "IMO", "I think" or something else to that effect. That you do not bother to read and just jump to conclusions isn't my problem.

You should take your own advice about waiting as well.

Edit: The red herring refers to things like "shill", "plant" which distracts from the argument because you have no other arguments that relate to the topic.

Mopquill

Grumpy Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This isn't really true at all.

Yes, there isn't really a DMCA equivalent, but the copyright law still applies and there have been multiple instances where the government cracked down piracy sites/services, and everything else outside of the internet realm follows pretty much the same principles.

Truth is, if you are just a random committing copyright infringement for your own use it is very unlikely that anything will happen to you (which I assume, for the most part, is the same in the US) but if you are the one providing it and the copyright holder is willing to sue you, you will be just as fucked as you would be in the US.

You're right, they have copyright laws there, I should have said "doesn't have copyright laws as applicable", because re: this situation, they may as well be non-existent. From your Wikipedia article:

However, there is consensus by legal scholars that private copies do not constitute copyright infringement.

And emulation software isn't actually a copy of anything, by very definition.

The instances of cracking down usually happen because of the country a given site is hosted in, or domain is registered in, etc., not because of Brazil's laws. Internet is pretty free game there. And the U.S. has some crazy restitution precedents, I believe one mentioned recently on this site about having wages garnished for life until they paid back 14 million.

Anyhow, I concede the technicality, but is there a point being made that changes any conclusions here?

Lumpofcoal

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
You can just say "ah, okay, understood." No need to create an excuse for not doing research before creating doubt.

I'm stating why I didn't find it when the other user questioned why I didn't look up the user's (in the screenshot, not even a link to the post itself) post history. Because I do not know how to....

Mopquill

Grumpy Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Status isn't evidence of knowledge about said event. Hell, it isn't a clear evidence of them being a "dev" or "insider" of ryujinx.

Ninty has never been one that is shy to show their hand. If they think it is wrong and believe that they have a legal basis to do so, then for sure they are going to dmca it. Just like how they mass dmcaed 8500 yuzu forks within a day.

There's no "fallacy" or "whataboutism" if we fundamentally cannot agree on the premise on whether they did turn up at his house, let alone proof of it. As such, we are going to have to agree to disagree in that regard.

I brought up the legal aspect because previous posters I replied to mentioned that as a reason for the dev withdrawing. I disagreed with it. I'm not sure how you missed that out and jumped in on me halfway.

As for your suggestion that ninty is resorting to less than legal means, I think that's the extreme conjecture. One that is potentially libellious. Regardless, without much prove either.

As for "can't say". Be that as it may, it still amounts to nothing more than "trust me bro" and doesn't constitute hard evidence.

You presented as much of a "limited set" of possibilities as I did and you didn't have any evidence for that either. It's about as much as of an opinion as anyone else's. For the record, my previous replies categorically stated "IMO", "I think" or something else to that effect. That you do not bother to read and just jump to conclusions isn't my problem.

You should take your own advice about waiting as well.
People who know people tend to get information from them that they might not say publicly. That's, uh, pretty common knowledge.

They absolutely are. Their documents show they have a plan to reveal steps of it as they go, that's what makes it intimidation tactics.

Nah, there's still fallacy and whataboutism there, even if you don't want to acknowledge it. Agree to disagree is what people say when they don't like to admit they're wrong. You are guessing, based on nothing, and you're arguing with everyone who doesn't share your guess, even when they have info you don't. It's childish, and I'm calling that out.

I didn't miss it, I disqualified it from the get-go, and you kept on going on about it.

No, I didn't say Nintendo resorted to that, I'm saying they hired local PIs, and your unfamiliarity with Brazilian PIs is your own burden.

Certainly not. Anecdotal evidence is soft evidence, but it wins out in the face of the absolutely-nothing-else that you've got.

Your very posts to me do not meet the standard you're laying out for yourself, which is very exactly your problem. Again, you've got some reason for being so stubborn about this opinion despite it being up in the air. I've already told you what's most likely, but we also don't know for sure. "Not my problem" you can't seem to read and retain.

Oh, on what went down here, I am waiting. We have a most likely, and the rest will bear out from there. But I'm commenting on your behavior and your insistence, for which the evidence is very much present and accounted.

Lumpofcoal

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
People who know people tend to get information from them that they might not say publicly. That's, uh, pretty common knowledge.

They absolutely are. Their documents show they have a plan to reveal steps of it as they go, that's what makes it intimidation tactics.

Nah, there's still fallacy and whataboutism there, even if you don't want to acknowledge it. Agree to disagree is what people say when they don't like to admit they're wrong. You are guessing, based on nothing, and you're arguing with everyone who doesn't share your guess, even when they have info you don't. It's childish, and I'm calling that out.

I didn't miss it, I disqualified it from the get-go, and you kept on going on about it.

No, I didn't say Nintendo resorted to that, I'm saying they hired local PIs, and your unfamiliarity with Brazilian PIs is your own burden.

Certainly not. Anecdotal evidence is soft evidence, but it wins out in the face of the absolutely-nothing-else that you've got.

Your very posts to me do not meet the standard you're laying out for yourself, which is very exactly your problem. Again, you've got some rain for being so stubborn about this opinion despite it being up in the air. I've already told you what's most likely, but we also don't know for sure. "Not my problem" you can't seem to read and retain.

Oh, on what went down here, I am waiting. We have a most likely, and the rest will bear out from there. But I'm commenting on your behavior and your insistence, for which the evidence is very much present and accounted.

Pretty convenient isn't it? That's the issue, anyone can claim anything.

That document is over 10 years old. Changes could have been made since its reveal. Never mind whether they actually applied it to every case.

Agreeing to disagree is when neither side is able to present clear evidence that supports their respective positions. Which is what's going on right now. And clearly, NEITHER of us are able to do so. Ironically, the childish thing would be to continue badgering the other party with an incoherent rant that is more personal than on topic.

If you are going to butt in on a reply that is to another person, it's rather disingenuous of you to "disqualify" the context of said reply.

"Nothing else"? Mate, "offered an agreement" from an actual current staff is a pretty solid base to go off of.

I'm not the one trying to bandy standards about. I stated that this is a discussion thread where everyone is sharing their opinions and disagreement over it. Seems like you are the one that is trying police it and make it personal.

petran79

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Lmao.

As funny as this is, I've seen emu devs have their cores/code used commercially, specifically to being older games to newer platforms. In some cases, ignoring permission.

I wouldnt be surprised if this was part of the agreement. We won't know until there are more details.

people get the false impression that commercial emulator developers are being given all the secret tools and locked features by Sega, Sony, Nintendo, SNK, Atari etc to make things easier and have the edge over free emulators, while in reality they have to do everything from scratch

Mopquill

Grumpy Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty convenient isn't it? That's the issue, anyone can claim anything.

That document is over 10 years old. Changes could have been made since its reveal. Never mind whether they actually applied it to every case.

Agreeing to disagree is when neither side is able to present clear evidence that supports their respective positions. Which is what's going on right now. And clearly, NEITHER of us are able to do so. Ironically, the childish thing would be to continue badgering the other party with an incoherent rant that is more personal than on topic.

If you are going to butt in on a reply that is to another person, it's rather disingenuous of you to "disqualify" the context of said reply.

"Nothing else"? Mate, "offered an agreement" from an actual current staff is a pretty solid base to go of.

I'm not the one trying to bandy standards about. I stated that this is a discussion thread where everyone is sharing their opinions and disagreement over it. Seems like you are the one that is trying police it.
"Could have been" -- whataboutism lol. There's plenty more than that one document, though.

Uh, no, evidence was presented to you, you just ignored it. You aren't seeming to understand that "former dev" is because the project just closed, while viewing discord staff as "current". Once again, another "nah uh, you" argument. I swear, you've got 2 moves.

Wait, is everyone allowed to discuss, or am I butting in? Does that change based on what's convenient for you?

Yeah, that's the thing we've all read. Now look at the other part. Even you might be able to put it together.

Actually, you were trying to bandy standards, you just didn't know what you were doing and went to abandon them when they weren't helping you. You started declaring fallacies, so I started applying the rules of logical debate to this, since it's one of my areas of expertise. If we're going to hold it to standards, we're going to do it right. And I'm not "policing" it; I've taken no action. I'm not a mod here. I'm simply holding you to account for your own logic, and it's not holding up, and you don't like it. Two current staffers said two things, a respected 3DS and Switch modder confirmed info, and you're only applying one of those things because it suits your opinion. If you were any thicker you'd be pudding.

Lumpofcoal

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
"Could have been" -- whataboutism lol. There's plenty more than that one document, though.

Uh, no, evidence was presented to you, you just ignored it. You aren't seeming to understand that "former dev" is because the project just closed, while viewing discord staff as "current". Once again, another "nah uh, you" argument. I swear, you've got 2 moves.

Wait, is everyone allowed to discuss, or am I butting in? Does that change based on what's convenient for you?

Yeah, that's the thing we've all read. Now look at the other part. Even you might be able to put it together.

Actually, you were trying to bandy standards, you just didn't know what you were doing and went to abandon them when they weren't helping you. You started declaring fallacies, so I started applying the rules of logical debate to this, since it's one of my areas of expertise. If we're going to hold it to standards, we're going to do it right. And I'm not "policing" it; I've taken no action. I'm not a mod here. I'm simply holding you to account for your own logic, and it's not holding up, and you don't like it. Two current staffers said two things, a respected 3DS and Switch modder confirmed info, and you're only applying one of those things because it suits your opinion. If you were any thicker you'd be pudding.

What evidence? "I heard from a friend and a friend of a friend" and a "10 year old flowchart"? Well for sure that means that they did? The one claiming to be a former dev and supposedly knowing what was actually going on? NOPE.

You are being disingenuous. I did not take issue with you discussing, I took issue without you jumping in on my reply and "disqualifying" the context of it.

Considering I'm not the one getting personal with it and still am not, I have serious doubts about it.

Still hearsay.

Mopquill

Grumpy Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What evidence? "I heard from a friend and a friend of a friend" and a "10 year old flowchart"? Well for sure that means that they did? The one claiming to be a former dev and supposedly knowing what was actually going on? NOPE.

You are being disingenuous. I did not take issue with you discussing, I took issue without you jumping in on my reply and "disqualifying" the context of it.

Considering I'm not the one getting personal with it and still am not, I have serious doubts about it.

Still hearsay.
My guy, I linked you to it. It's a public post by a known dev, not hearsay lol. I just explained in my previous post that they're "former" because the project was deleted. They were "current" before yesterday.

I'd love to hear why you think a screenshot (which can be faked) of a message in a private discord with closed invites, whose identity you *also* can't verify -- that you can't validate from the outside -- is somehow valid and acceptable evidence to you, and a public post by a known current (until project deletion) dev is somehow not. Your standards are inconsistent, and I believe it's because you have a motive, because seriously being this dense strains belief.

No, I'm not. You are simultaneously trying to play respectability politics because I'm being rude to you because you're gish galloping, and saying you have a right to an opinion in a public forum despite the fact that you seem incapable of parsing information that doesn't support your already held viewpoint, and consider me to be "butting in" for trying to give you information you seem to be in very dear need of. That all conflicts, and I'm pointing that out, which you're getting quite precious about.

I'm not getting personal, I don't know you. I'm insulting your arguments because you're being willfully obtuse. And that's not fallacious.

EduAAA

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
My guy, I linked you to it. It's a public post by a known dev, not hearsay lol. I just explained in my previous post that they're "former" because the project was deleted. They were "current" before yesterday.

I'd love to hear why you think a screenshot (which can be faked) of a message in a private discord with closed invites, whose identity you *also* can't verify -- that you can't validate from the outside -- is somehow valid and acceptable evidence to you, and a public post by a known current (until project deletion) dev is somehow not. Your standards are inconsistent, and I believe it's because you have a motive, because seriously being this dense strains belief.

No, I'm not. You are simultaneously trying to play respectability politics because I'm being rude to you because you're gish galloping, and saying you have a right to an opinion in a public forum despite the fact that you seem incapable of parsing information that doesn't support your already held viewpoint, and consider me to be "butting in" for trying to give you information you seem to be in very dear need of. That all conflicts, and I'm pointing that out, which you're getting quite precious about.

I'm not getting personal, I don't know you. I'm insulting your arguments because you're being willfully obtuse. And that's not fallacious.
Lol, a known dev..then the yakuza assaulted him. Man, sure, bewareoblivionisathand.

• Haha
Reactions: Mopquill

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden

Sudachi should be able to to be ran in wine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: that's why SLI sucks, well one reason