OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
no
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Then I have no idea why hbl isn't working. Make sure you have 2.5/2.6 themehax and try a different version of the rxtools nightly I guess

HBL is working on coldboot. Whatever I name as boot.3dsx is what menuhaxx boots up on coldboot unless I bypass it.

What is not working is rxTools through HBL (or any method besides browserhaxx). I put the rxtools.3dsx in the HBL folder, and HBL sees it, but when I try booting it: double black screens.

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HBL is working on coldboot. Whatever I name as boot.3dsx is what menuhaxx boots up on coldboot unless I bypass it.

What is not working is rxTools through HBL (or any method besides browserhaxx). I put the rxtools.3dsx in the HBL folder, and HBL sees it, but when I try booting it: double black screens.
Try a different nightly, maybe one from a month ago or so

HariGp

Trophies
XP
Country
India

Try booting the code.bin through CTRbootmanager(not the .3dsx one)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Try a different nightly, maybe one from a month ago or so
I'm using the latest nightly and it works like a charm, haven't had a problem at all

Deleted member 125555

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
no
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Try booting the code.bin through CTRbootmanager(not the .3dsx one)

I'm using the latest nightly and it works like a charm, haven't had a problem at all
Where can I find this code.bin?

Im sorry Im asking such simple stuff :/ Im not very experienced with this.

Edit: I am using Beta 3.0 btw.

HariGp

Trophies
XP
Country
India

If you're using o3ds, then the nightlies are better. And I think you need Beta 3.0_2 to load the latest emuNAND. That's probably why it's crashing :P

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Bad news the nightly site is down I have no idea where to get them but whatever the latest one available is use it

Deleted member 125555

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
no
XP
Country
Afghanistan
If you're using o3ds, then the nightlies are better. And I think you need Beta 3.0_2 to load the latest emuNAND. That's probably why it's crashing :P
I put on the latest nightly I could find. It boots fine via browserhaxx; but no go booting it via CTR. Double black screen.

That's the official github for rxTools, not nightlies one.
Oh. er >.< Well I was using the nightly there and the beta there.

HariGp

Trophies
XP
Country
India
I put on the latest nightly I could find. It boots fine via browserhaxx; but no go booting it via CTR. Double black screen.

Oh. er >.< Well I was using the nightly there and the beta there.
If you're on O3ds, then the nightly is better than the beta version. You can edit the boot.cfg file to get an entry for rxTools code.bin(located in SD:\rxTools\sys\code.bin)

Deleted member 125555

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
no
XP
Country
Afghanistan
If you're on O3ds, then the nightly is better than the beta version. You can edit the boot.cfg file to get an entry for rxTools code.bin(located in SD:\rxTools\sys\code.bin)

I made an entry in CTR for code.bin and tried to run it. It just froze my CTR. :/

Is coldbooting from emuNAND not supported on versions a month old? :/

HariGp

Trophies
XP
Country
India
I made an entry in CTR for code.bin and tried to run it. It just froze my CTR. :/

Is coldbooting from emuNAND not supported on versions a month old? :/
I don't know, I always use the latest one. I'll try to upload my version of rxTools and give you a link to it. But my internet is super slow so it might take a while lol

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
forget the cold boot for now. Hold L when you boot it, and go to the settings tab and forceUI. Then see if your methods autoboot into the menu. If not, it's something you didn't set up correctly. It's important to delete ALL rxTools related files and folders when trying a new version, so you can rule this stuff out. This *usually* includes deleting the rxTools/data folder to make sure the data suite is successful, and making sure you're using the latest rxTools.3dsx file.

For ctrbootmanager, you should also have your entry like this:

Code:
boot_config :
{
  timeout = -1;
  autobootfix = 2;
  recovery = 2;
  default = 0;
  entries = (
  {
  title = "rxTools";
  path = "/rxTools/sys/code.bin";
  offset = "0x12000";
  },

and... I'm not sure if that offset needs to be removed or not when using the code.bin from the arm9loaderhax branch or not :unsure:

Last edited by urherenow,

Deleted member 125555

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
no
XP
Country
Afghanistan
forget the cold boot for now. Hold L when you boot it, and go to the settings tab and forceUI. Then see if your methods autoboot into the menu. If not, it's something you didn't set up correctly. It's important to delete ALL rxTools related files and folders when trying a new version, so you can rule this stuff out. This *usually* includes deleting the rxTools/data folder to make sure the data suite is successful, and making sure you're using the latest rxTools.3dsx file.

For ctrbootmanager, you should also have your entry like this:

Code:
boot_config :
{
  timeout = -1;
  autobootfix = 2;
  recovery = 2;
  default = 0;
  entries = (
  {
  title = "rxTools";
  path = "/rxTools/sys/code.bin";
  offset = "0x12000";
  },

and... I'm not sure if that offset needs to be removed or not when using the code.bin from the arm9loaderhax branch or not :unsure:

I may have left this detail out but:

Holding L while booting kicks me to sysNAND since I set it as my Type 2 in menuhaxx. Should I be changing this? Since I've never heard of the terms "Settings Tab" "ForceUI"

Oh, also I do delete everything rxTools related when installing a new version.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I may have left this detail out but:

Holding L while booting kicks me to sysNAND since I set it as my Type 2 in menuhaxx. Should I be changing this? Since I've never heard of the terms "Settings Tab" "ForceUI"

Oh, also I do delete everything rxTools related when installing a new version.
yes. Deleting the whole rxtools folder and 3ds/rxTools is the only way to know that old files aren't causing your problems. It also ensures you are using the proper firm files when you get them via the .py script.

You should be able to hold L to boot ctrbootmanager or whatever, and be able to still hold it while booting rxtools. You should not have menuhax installed in emunand though (that just doesn't make any sense).

Deleted member 125555

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
no
XP
Country
Afghanistan
yes. Deleting the whole rxtools folder and 3ds/rxTools is the only way to know that old files aren't causing your problems. It also ensures you are using the proper firm files when you get them via the .py script.

You should be able to hold L to boot ctrbootmanager or whatever, and be able to still hold it while booting rxtools. You should not have menuhax installed in emunand though (that just doesn't make any sense).

I cant hold L while booting (I can AFTER CTR, but not before) or else it will just bypass me straight to sysNAND.

I am installing the new version of rxTools Hari gave me :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy