rxTools Help? I need help updating my 3DS XL

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by NateTrudeau802, Mar 31, 2015.

1. NateTrudeau802
    OP

NateTrudeau802 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2014
    United States
    VT
    Hey guys,
    I made the dumbass mistake of updating my 3DS to 9.6 in Gateway mode, which forced me to format emuNAND so now I'm stuck on 4.2 :/ I did some browsing and came upon this which says that I can actually have 9.6 work somehow and have gateway mode work at the same time? Even if thats not possible I want to find a way to update to at least 9.2. I also heard something about updating to 9.2 via Smash Bros on Gateway, which I have. I heard you can hold a button and it will flash over the update in Gateway mode. Anyways I pretty much just want to update my emuNAND to at least 9.2/ I have a Zelda Edition 3DS XL on version 4.2 U on both normal and Gateway mode. How can I update in Gateway mode and still have it work?
    Thanks,
    Nate

2. Zidapi

Zidapi GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 1, 2002
    Yeah, hold up on the D-Pad while booting into Gateway or Classic Mode.

Load the game from the multiROM menu and attempt to run the game. You'll be prompted to update.

Hopefully the ROM you have is the latest revision with 9.2 packed in and not the old one with 8.1 on board.

3. VerseHell

VerseHell GBAtemp Psycho!

Jun 29, 2014
    France
    Or you can also use 3DNUS. But next time, backup your emunand before updating. :)