rxTools and Menuhax Boot

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by RickyZ_PR, Jan 8, 2016.

1. RickyZ_PR
    OP

RickyZ_PR Member

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2016
    QUESTION. I am trying to figure out how to boot EMUNAND on the spot! But while following these instructions I find that I have TWO "robbinpayload"and I have been playing with changing the "boot.3dsx"in both and in only one with no avail. The system boots rxTools automatically BUT then it hangs in a red screen. These are the payloads:

View attachment 34855

And I am following this steps:

2. dtwpurple

dtwpurple Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 20, 2015
    United States
    Vegas
    you have to use ctr bootmanager and start it from rxtools/system/code.bin

3. survive9

survive9 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 13, 2014
    United States
    uninstall the emunand's themehax cause it conflicts with autobooting into emunand. use another way to get into homebrew menu like ninjhax or oot3dhax

4. RickyZ_PR
    OP

RickyZ_PR Member

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2016
    I am trying to boot from EMUNAND because I have a little brother and if I leave the default settings he will boot on sysNAND and he is 7 years old which means he could end up updating my sysnand accidentally. Any solutions?

5. SilverGhost420

SilverGhost420 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 31, 2015
    Canada
    Then make it coldboot into rxtools

6. RickyZ_PR
    OP

RickyZ_PR Member

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2016
    I guess I need a good tutorial on that. How do I do a coldboot?

Last edited by RickyZ_PR, Jan 8, 2016
  7. SilverGhost420

Aug 31, 2015
    Canada
    If u still want to boot into rxtools automatically and still use menuhax with homebrew and rxtools then get Ctrbootmanager. And put the Ctrbootmanager boot.3dsx and boot.cfg at SD card root. And rename the homebrew boot.3sx to boot_hb.3dsx. Make no changes to the rxtools file on the SD card roit you shall hAve it already because u have rxtools right? Well. After u have done all theat go to your menuhax manager on homebrew 2.0-2.1 install menuhax then when still in menu has go to " configure/check haxx trigger button(s)...." then click on "type1...." then touch no buttons and only touch the touch screen. Now turn your 3ds off and turn it back on. Now your 3ds will boot into ctrmanager automatic. And don't touch anything and rxtools will load automatically at ctrmanager menu. Or use the d-pad to pick homebrew. Recommend installing the automatic homebrew with the manager before setting up ctrmanager or u will have to rename the boot_hb.3dsx back to boot.3dsx to get to the menuhax Manger in homebrew.

Last edited by SilverGhost420, Jan 8, 2016
    zfreeman likes this.
  8. RickyZ_PR
    OP

RickyZ_PR Member

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2016
    This is what happens:

1. After all of that, I turned my 3DS back on, MENUHAX booted automatically, then after 3 seconds RXTOOLS started by flashing the LOGO quickly and going black, then SUDDENLY the CTRBootManager comes up AGAIN and loads RXTOOLS again, but this time it freezes at a RED SCREEN.

If I press L when RXTOOLS loads I go into the RXTOOLS menu. But obviously I don't want my brother accessing that menu.

SilverGhost420 likes this.
  9. SilverGhost420

Aug 31, 2015
    Canada
    U don't want your brother to get the the sysnand rxtools or Ctrbootmanager menu?

10. RickyZ_PR
    OP

RickyZ_PR Member

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2016
    I want rxTools to BOOT automatically, booting EMUNAND automatically in the proccess, so I can leave my little bro with the O3DSXL without having to worry that he loads up a game in sysNand that requires an update that screws my CFW. I did what you told me:

RXTools loads automatically, after that the CTRBootManager load AGAIN, then the RXTools loads AGAIN and it freezes in a red screen.

11. SilverGhost420

Aug 31, 2015
    Canada
    Then undo remove the Ctrbootmanager. And get a rxtools.3dsx and rename it boot.3dsx and place at root of SD card and leave the homebrew boot_hb.3dsx will not be able to access homebrew with out crtrmanger unless You rename the homebrew 3dsx. Back to boot.3dsx

Last edited by SilverGhost420, Jan 8, 2016
  12. RickyZ_PR
    OP

RickyZ_PR Member

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2016
    I did that, now the red screens keeps flashing lol

13. SilverGhost420

Aug 31, 2015
    Canada
    I told what I know maybe your going to have to follow a post or somthing plus don't got your SD card so I can't really see whats on it. I tryed to help.

14. RickyZ_PR
    OP

RickyZ_PR Member

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2016
    I will explain it more simple. IF I DO NOT PRESS L when BOOTING rxTools, it FREEZES. IF I DO press L it shows me the RXTools Menu.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Capture.PNG

15. SilverGhost420

Aug 31, 2015
    Canada
    Then u got to reinstall the menuhax install while holding x so hold x then press a

16. RickyZ_PR
    OP

RickyZ_PR Member

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2016
    Thanks, will try tomorrow its late here.