Homebrew rxTools and Menuhax Boot

RickyZ_PR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUESTION. I am trying to figure out how to boot EMUNAND on the spot! But while following these instructions I find that I have TWO "robbinpayload"and I have been playing with changing the "boot.3dsx"in both and in only one with no avail. The system boots rxTools automatically BUT then it hangs in a red screen. These are the payloads:

View attachment 34855

And I am following this steps:

Launching rxTools at Boot - Menuhax!

These steps will setup Menuhax, which we will configure to allow rxTools to boot the moment you turn on your 3DS/2DS! IMO this is the best way to launch rxTools.

Note:
You must be on 9.0 - 9.2 firmware. This means your sysnand has to be on or between 9.0 to 9.2 system version. To update to 9.0 or 9.2, scroll down to the section How to Update your 3DS/2DS to 9.0 or 9.2 and follow the instructions, then come back here.

1. Download the Homebrew Starter Pack and extract the contents to your SD card root. Put the SD card back in your 3DS.
  2. Set a random theme on your 3DS, then change it back to the default theme.
  3. Launch browserhax (it took MANY tries for me to finally get it to boot). Zoom-in all the way to the slider at the top-left and touch the very right of the bar. It may work touching the very left side as well.
    • CTRBootManager. Extract the zip and rename the boot.3dsx that is in the download to crtb.3dsx. Then place the ctrb.3dsx and boot.cfg from the CTRBootManager download onto your SD card root.
    • On your SD card, look for the file which name starts with "ropbinpayload". Open it with HxD or Notepad++. Maybe plain old Notepad will work too.
    • Press CTRL+F and search for boot.3dsx.
    • Change it to ctrb.3dsx and save the file.
    • OPTIONAL: Open up boot.cfg with notepad and change this:
// Default timeout in secondes
// If timeout = -1, disable autoboot
timeout = 3;
to this:
// Default timeout in secondes
// If timeout = -1, disable autoboot
timeout = 0;
Now save the boot.cfg, eject your SD, and put it in your 3DS

When you turn on your 3DS, you should see the red screen, followed by the rxTools splash screen. If you chose a custom button setup in the Menuhax installer, keep that in mind. By default, you must hold L when booting to let Menuhax run at boot-up. In my case, I chose TYPE 2, and selected the button R. This means that Menuhax will always run at boot unless I hold R (which would bring me to sysnand instead of rxTools).

survive9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
uninstall the emunand's themehax cause it conflicts with autobooting into emunand. use another way to get into homebrew menu like ninjhax or oot3dhax

RickyZ_PR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am trying to boot from EMUNAND because I have a little brother and if I leave the default settings he will boot on sysNAND and he is 7 years old which means he could end up updating my sysnand accidentally. Any solutions?

SilverGhost420

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am trying to boot from EMUNAND because I have a little brother and if I leave the default settings he will boot on sysNAND and he is 7 years old which means he could end up updating my sysnand accidentally. Any solutions?
Then make it coldboot into rxtools

SilverGhost420

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I guess I need a good tutorial on that. How do I do a coldboot?

If u still want to boot into rxtools automatically and still use menuhax with homebrew and rxtools then get Ctrbootmanager. And put the Ctrbootmanager boot.3dsx and boot.cfg at SD card root. And rename the homebrew boot.3sx to boot_hb.3dsx. Make no changes to the rxtools file on the SD card roit you shall hAve it already because u have rxtools right? Well. After u have done all theat go to your menuhax manager on homebrew 2.0-2.1 install menuhax then when still in menu has go to " configure/check haxx trigger button(s)...." then click on "type1...." then touch no buttons and only touch the touch screen. Now turn your 3ds off and turn it back on. Now your 3ds will boot into ctrmanager automatic. And don't touch anything and rxtools will load automatically at ctrmanager menu. Or use the d-pad to pick homebrew. Recommend installing the automatic homebrew with the manager before setting up ctrmanager or u will have to rename the boot_hb.3dsx back to boot.3dsx to get to the menuhax Manger in homebrew.

Last edited by SilverGhost420,
Reactions: zfreeman

RickyZ_PR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This is what happens:

1. After all of that, I turned my 3DS back on, MENUHAX booted automatically, then after 3 seconds RXTOOLS started by flashing the LOGO quickly and going black, then SUDDENLY the CTRBootManager comes up AGAIN and loads RXTOOLS again, but this time it freezes at a RED SCREEN.

If I press L when RXTOOLS loads I go into the RXTOOLS menu. But obviously I don't want my brother accessing that menu.

Reactions: SilverGhost420

SilverGhost420

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is what happens:

1. After all of that, I turned my 3DS back on, MENUHAX booted automatically, then after 3 seconds RXTOOLS started by flashing the LOGO quickly and going black, then SUDDENLY the CTRBootManager comes up AGAIN and loads RXTOOLS again, but this time it freezes at a RED SCREEN.

If I press L when RXTOOLS loads I go into the RXTOOLS menu. But obviously I don't want my brother accessing that menu.
U don't want your brother to get the the sysnand rxtools or Ctrbootmanager menu?

RickyZ_PR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I want rxTools to BOOT automatically, booting EMUNAND automatically in the proccess, so I can leave my little bro with the O3DSXL without having to worry that he loads up a game in sysNand that requires an update that screws my CFW. I did what you told me:

RXTools loads automatically, after that the CTRBootManager load AGAIN, then the RXTools loads AGAIN and it freezes in a red screen.

SilverGhost420

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I want rxTools to BOOT automatically, booting EMUNAND automatically in the proccess, so I can leave my little bro with the O3DSXL without having to worry that he loads up a game in sysNand that requires an update that screws my CFW. I did what you told me:

RXTools loads automatically, after that the CTRBootManager load AGAIN, then the RXTools loads AGAIN and it freezes in a red screen.
Then undo remove the Ctrbootmanager. And get a rxtools.3dsx and rename it boot.3dsx and place at root of SD card and leave the homebrew boot_hb.3dsx will not be able to access homebrew with out crtrmanger unless You rename the homebrew 3dsx. Back to boot.3dsx

Last edited by SilverGhost420,

RickyZ_PR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I will explain it more simple. IF I DO NOT PRESS L when BOOTING rxTools, it FREEZES. IF I DO press L it shows me the RXTools Menu.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Capture.PNG

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-