Hacking RxTools 3.0 will have emuNAND 9.5+ support on n3DS

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
There is no kernal access on sysnand 10.3

Rxtools on emunand 10.3 and gateway 10.3 doesn't mean you don't have to downgrade.

Pereb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Rxtools on emunand 10.3 and gateway 10.3 doesn't mean you don't have to downgrade.

Yes there is, memchunkhax2 for ARM11 (which is what we use to downgrade) and ntrcardhax for ARM9.

Pereb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No, actually, there isn't. NTRcardhax isn't even out yet, so currently there is no 10.3 kernel access.

Well yes, that's exactly what Gateway is working on. I guess kiwiis should have said "Gateway is working on implementing kernel access to SysNAND 10.3" since the way he said it is a bit confusing, but that's how I understood it.

Reactions: kiwiis

Favna

#PCMasterRace
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
No word from gateway about emuNAND 9.5+ ? Might have to jump on that RxTools wagon too.
Honestly, why wouldn't you. With more and more tidbits supported on CFW I'm starting to see less and less reason to even have a gateway.

Game backups -> uncart / decrypt9
Save backups -> Savedatafiler / Save_manager / svdt
Cheats -> hurhur derp derp cheater hur hur derp. JK. I guess NTR-CFW patches? no idea how they work though. I did see that Gateway was adding live scanning but meh aint nobody got time fo that yo!
Formatting for emunand setup -> Emunand9
Most importantly -> that wallet size yo. CFW is free, Gateway Red costs like what.. 80 bucks? jfc I could buy 2,5 weeks of food + snacks for the same price. no thank you. (fyi I live on my own)

Eh.. does Gateway offer anything at all that CFW doesn't actually?

Last edited by Favna,
Reactions: NekoMichi

Rosselman

Spooky Skeleton
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Honestly, why wouldn't you. With more and more tidbits supported on CFW I'm starting to see less and less reason to even have a gateway.

Game backups -> uncart / decrypt9
Save backups -> Savedatafiler / Save_manager / svdt
Cheats -> hurhur derp derp cheater hur hur derp. JK. I guess NTR-CFW patches? no idea how they work though. I did see that Gateway was adding live scanning but meh aint nobody got time fo that yo!
Formatting for emunand setup -> Emunand9

Eh.. does Gateway offer anything at all that CFW doesn't actually?
Support for .3DS is the only worthwhile thing.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's literally teasing their big 3.0 feature. Considering it's the official twitter account, it's basically guaranteed.
Says who? The twitter account? I've seen nothing on GitHub leading towards this. Nor from anybody on Twitter who is actually working on rxTools. And I'm already rocking the next commit that isn't on roxas75/rxTools master yetB-)

Edit: inb4 anybody asks, nothing exciting. Swapped out sdmmc drivers for better tmio driver. This time without breaking rxTools :P

Last edited by urherenow,

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Most importantly -> that wallet size yo. CFW is free, Gateway Red costs like what.. 80 bucks? jfc I could buy 2,5 weeks of food + snacks for the same price. no thank you. (fyi I live on my own)

Where I live you could get almost three and a half weeks (tops) of food with 80 bucks, depending on how much do you eat and how much are you willing to cook. /offtopic

andriy921

Trophies
XP
Country
But then again, .3DS can be relatively easily converted to .cia with Simple 3DS to CIA converter
Everybody knows about converting. The point about 3ds images is only about speed. You simply put images on sd card of gateway (that can be simply accessed on n3ds) and run them without install. For some weird reason there are guys out there that regularly run ton of game images for few minutes and then remove them.

Reactions: Favna

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

You're assuming that all exploits are public knowledge.

Who cracked 9.2? Gateway. Don't rule out them having their own private exploits.

I think people assume that because they announced 10.3 right after the presentation Smealum et al. gave, they must be using the exploits they revealed or assume they didn't already know about those exploits.

Edit: SALT have already demonstrated they have kernel access on 10.3

Edit 2: Why was this posted on the homebrew board?

Last edited by Zidapi,
Reactions: JJTapia19

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some weird reason there are guys out there that regularly run ton of game images for few minutes and then remove them.
It's not a weird reason for people with morals and money. It's a great way to NOT buy a game as crappy as Cubic Ninja before realizing just how crap it really is... (granted it's a good cart to have for... reasons...)

motezazer

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Says who? The twitter account? I've seen nothing on GitHub leading towards this. Nor from anybody on Twitter who is actually working on rxTools. And I'm already rocking the next commit that isn't on roxas75/rxTools master yetB-)

Edit: inb4 anybody asks, nothing exciting. Swapped out sdmmc drivers for better tmio driver. This time without breaking rxTools :P
If you read the OP of the official RxTools thread here, you would know that this twitter account is the official one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong