Hacking Runescape on wii (Don't Laugh lol)

MeowMix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it possible to run java through wiilinux and then run runescape through that? If not i have a better solution, Vnc. like on the ds there was vnc that let u play pc games like runescape and it ran at like 95% speed which was enough.. so how about VNC on the wii? then make a seperate sound server which would send the sound through.

zsakul2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Runescape on the wii would be wonderful.. I've been playing it since late 03.. With how homebrews going i wouldnt doubt this possible.. I think it is very possible and if it is i'd love to play runescape on my tv screen and wii
tongue.gif

JesseAs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
MeowMix said:
Is it possible to run java through wiilinux and then run runescape through that? If not i have a better solution, Vnc. like on the ds there was vnc that let u play pc games like runescape and it ran at like 95% speed which was enough.. so how about VNC on the wii? then make a seperate sound server which would send the sound through.

Ye i agree with you man
biggrin.gif

QUOTE(zsakul2 @ Oct 3 2008, 05:14 PM) Runescape on the wii would be wonderful.. I've been playing it since late 03.. With how homebrews going i wouldnt doubt this possible.. I think it is very possible and if it is i'd love to play runescape on my tv screen and wii
tongue.gif

ye it would be possible but very very very very hard too i think
tongue.gif

MeowMix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm.. after some research, Runescape on wii through linux possibility? No. runescape requires 128mb ram.

However VNC would work, it works on DS so it would on Wii, basically you run the server on your pc and login to runescape, then on your wii you run the VNC Client which basically displays your PC'S screen and lets you control it, thus playing runescape. this would run at full speed most likely (my wireless is like 2mbps). the only problem is achieving sound, vnc does not send over the sound. although a seperate program to send sound could be made. with the usb ports, we could have a usb mouse and keyboard, get a USB mouse and keyboard converter and done, you have wireless keyboard and mouse and playing runescape on the tv. only tricky bit here is implenting sound, but really you need is some sound effects. if anyone of you guys have a ds with flashkart, go on youtube and search runescape on wii fusion update, and theres a download link to let you play rs on ds using the touchscreen features and such.

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MeowMix, your "solution" is so far-fetched, it's rediculous.

The game only has set requirements because it was developed for those requirements. It can easily be curtailed, especially since the underlying language is all bloated Java.

Using a VNC for such a horrible game doesn't even seem worth it.

MeowMix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
teq said:
MeowMix, your "solution" is so far-fetched, it's rediculous.

The game only has set requirements because it was developed for those requirements. It can easily be curtailed, especially since the underlying language is all bloated Java.

Using a VNC for such a horrible game doesn't even seem worth it.

Erm its not horrible.. second we need a vnc client for the wii cos they aint one. go flame somewhere else.

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MeowMix said:
Erm its not horrible.. second we need a vnc client for the wii cos they aint one. go flame somewhere else.

"Horrible" in terms that a 300MHz P2 is capable of running it flawlessly... "horrible" in terms that the graphics engine is even scoffed at by the DS. My point is simple: why bother trying to get it running on the Wii when computers that cost less than the Wii can run it?

You're wrong about there not being a VNC capable of running on the Wii. They just take a little knowhow to get running.

Furthermore, who do you think you are, with so few posts and a blatant lack of insight, to be telling me where to spend my time?

MeowMix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
teq said:
MeowMix said:

"Horrible" in terms that a 300MHz P2 is capable of running it flawlessly... "horrible" in terms that the graphics engine is even scoffed at by the DS. My point is simple: why bother trying to get it running on the Wii when computers that cost less than the Wii can run it?

You're wrong about there not being a VNC capable of running on the Wii. They just take a little knowhow to get running.

Furthermore, who do you think you are, with so few posts and a blatant lack of insight, to be telling me where to spend my time?

FYI Last time i check the wii had somewhere around a 730mhz processor, It dosnt really matter the Ds runs vnc at 67mhz almost flawlessly, As long as you got more mhz then that then it should be fine, the wii has a better network card then the ds so it will be faster and tbh i dont really mind if it wasnt faster then the ds the ds is fast as it is for vnc.

And when did i say VNC will not work on the Wii? It already does, Logmein.com but thats crap.

To get it running on the wii because it can?

Sorox

Master Firo Soul
Trophies
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Heres what i do. i bot RS, sell accounts to my friends and give up the game for about a month. The game is going to keep sucking until it becomes better graphicaly and strategetically.

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MeowMix said:
FYI Last time i check the wii had somewhere around a 730mhz processor, It dosnt really matter the Ds runs vnc at 67mhz almost flawlessly, As long as you got more mhz then that then it should be fine, the wii has a better network card then the ds so it will be faster and tbh i dont really mind if it wasnt faster then the ds the ds is fast as it is for vnc.

And when did i say VNC will not work on the Wii? It already does, Logmein.com but thats crap.

furthermore, I Know im human. So just because you have more posts then me you think your superman? Yeah right get a life. I hope you get knocked over by a truck or something.

It's senseless to even argue from a technical standpoint, seeing as you don't seem to grasp that you're comparing apples and oranges.

With that said, if you had some tact, maybe you would suggest getting a Java interpreter working for the Wii, instead of narrowing it down to Runescape?

MeowMix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
teq said:
MeowMix said:

furthermore, I Know im human. So just because you have more posts then me you think your superman? Yeah right get a life. I hope you get knocked over by a truck or something.

It's senseless to even argue from a technical standpoint, seeing as you don't seem to grasp that you're comparing apples and oranges.

With that said, if you had some tact, maybe you would suggest getting a Java interpreter working for the Wii, instead of narrowing it down to Runescape?

How about no? All im asking is for VNC and you keep coming out with silly remarks..

jinxvorheeze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of MeowMix, you need to go back and read the rules. As I'm pretty sure that telling someone to get hit by a truck falls under the no-no section of this forum. (Sinkhead edit: he's right on that one!) As for playing Runescape over VNC, have you ever used a VNC to try and play games? It barely works on good hardware. GfX Acceleration data cannot be transferred accurately over a Network. It's not the amount of Data sent, it's the speed at which it must be translated-sent-retranslated-shown, to the time it takes to input controls in the first place. Your talking over 2 seconds lag at the very least. If you wanna play Runescape on your television, I suggest you plug in the S-Video Cable into the spot on your Graphics card (which 95% of all cards made after 2000 have on them) and then plug it into your television. Don't have S-Video on your TV? Buy an S-Video to Composite cable for $10. Don't have S-Video on your card? Then buy a card that does for $20. The easiest solution is one you can do something about.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Runescape was originally developed as a MUD game with a graphic overlay, which is why graphics don't look so great

Of course now it's more like a traditional MMORPG, a lot of the command text is gone

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.