Hacking Rune Factory ToD UNDUB

Remnence

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have been working on an UNDUB of this game since it's early release.

So far the only thing I've been able to achieve is blessed silence. :yay:

Just a direct replacement of the sound files is not enough, combat voices remain in English and nothing else plays, not even background music.

Anyone have any idea where to proceed from here? I'm using English game as a base.

Fairytale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I remember the RFF undub was horribly buggy and frozen in speciic places and had more issues
I hope this isn't as hard to undub
in all likelihood, they assigned new indexes to the english dub and you need to adjust those
I'm not sure where they store them though

Remnence

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, I figured as much. I have no idea where to start looking for the triggers or how to even find them.

I doubt I'd have any better luck trying to swap in English text in the Japanese disc.

This one may be a no go, unless someone with more knowledge has better luck.

Fairytale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well, this is no Pokemon or final fantasy, so I doubt it'll happen. Would be awesome, but yeah. I'm not sure how to do that stuff either.

kradon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would wait until a month or so after the game's been officially released before expecting an undub.
You've got it backwards, Remnence is making the undub and needs help.

hey, thanks for the information about the undub. can you link me to the project website or where it has information and updates from Remmence?

EDIT:

nvm, found him on these forums. hes not very experienced and was just asking for help, however there is another person who is undubbing this game. His screen name is Aizu.

you can search on google for "Rune Factory Tides of Destiny UNDUB" and you'll probably see his work on the front page. Its not very complete and has many bugs, but its still a start.

His TPB (The Pirate Bay) torrents are no longer available, don't know full details but thats where he uploads his work and if you get it from any other torrent sites it's probably uploaded by someone else who downloaded from TPB.
I wouldn't want him to quit undubbing this game as it is really good for the first 5 minutes that i've played. But i had to stop...the voice over by Natsume is horrible to the point where i cant bear it.

English words were just not made to fit in with the Japanese way of talking, and they tried to translate it word for word which isn't really amazing on my part.

anyway, his current release was today at version 1.03, claims to have fixed some freezing bugs after 10 hours of gameplay and some other minor bugs and is still working on the main character's battle voices. if anyone finds a release by aizu at version 1.04+ or any other undub project names for rune factory tides of destiny please update us/me.

thanks a lot.

EDIT AGAIN! LOL:

i just found out Remnence is the starter of this topic! man i feel so stupid right now.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think the voice acting is too bad... I've only played to the first time I could save though, as I was falling asleep... Haha.

kradon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think the voice acting is too bad... I've only played to the first time I could save though, as I was falling asleep... Haha.

i just dont think english way of speaking is fit for this type of game. iuno why but i dont feel comfortable playing this game with english voice overs. its much more interesting with japanese voice over, i feel like they're more enthusiastic.

btw, i didnt even make it to the point where i can save lmao.

kradon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah too bad his work got removed from tpb. i dont think he would remove it himself. but anyway , 1.03 is out and he said it himself that this will be the last v1 version and next will be the big update v2. hopefully with MC's voice being undubbed on battle play. good luck with ur undub, i hear its very complicated to undub wii games like rune factory. the previous series had a lot of bugs.

Arcark

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
New version of Aizu's undub is up on tpb, I believe it was just posted, I think he removed the previous versions to make way for this one. Sounds like it is still a bit buggy but I'll be trying it soon enough.

Fairytale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
well, that was unexpected
and nice
hopefully we'll get a mostly bug-free undub in the end

edit:
Okay, this is not directly related to the undub but
Remnance do you have any idea which files to override to make the hero model into the heroine model? Since you can pick your character at some point, there'll have to be two different models
Because continuously switching the gender value is sorta annoying, I'm looking to just override the guy's model / avatar files with those of the girl
I hope the animation index is the same for them

Remnence

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Both character models would be in the big RFF2.dat file but I wouldn't suggest mucking about with it. I haven't played the game yet, too busy with Dark Souls, but don't you have the option to switch freely between the male and female MC in game?

FehnrirX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Remmence, do you know which file contain the script of the game? because i really want to preserve the font style. Since the font use in USA kind a bit... strange to me.. hard to explain it... but one thing not right is in the opening. the credit text ( like " original story by ... " in the beginning ) didn't have an outline, but yes in JAP. Don't know it's a mistake or what, but... hard to read it clearly actually..
And yet, the voice in menu said " rune factory oceans " but the tittle in USA is... Tides of destiny.... that why i guess translating will make this game more better than Undub. just my opinion though. so far i try to swap every files except sound from USA to JAP, but no... its corrupted. right now still waiting patch from Aizu.

Fairytale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Both character models would be in the big RFF2.dat file but I wouldn't suggest mucking about with it. I haven't played the game yet, too busy with Dark Souls, but don't you have the option to switch freely between the male and female MC in game?

no you don't
you can chose once at the END OF THE GAME and then there is literally nothing left to do
also, this won't let me marry a girl playing as girl

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la