Rune Factory tedious or am I missing something?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by romanaOne, Sep 12, 2015.

1. romanaOne
    OP

romanaOne GBAtemp Regular

Apr 18, 2014
    United States
    where the potential goes to zero
    Maybe playing 3DS games has spoiled me, but this really doesn't seem like any fun.

I just started playing the original Rune Factory and it doesn't seem all that much better than the original Harvest Moon DS. Yeah, the UI is a bit slicker....But that just makes it possible for you to run around faster and grow even more radishes/day. Fishing is still dull, but I think it is the only way to get any money, early in the game. The improved, less stylus-centric UI is far from perfect, though. It seems way too easy to accidentally discard stuff.

And wood chopping is just bizarre: when you chop a log, it disappears and goes to your shed. Then do you have to go to the shed and get it (A, then X standing in front of shed) when you want to spend it? Like when I go to buy a monster hut, I don't want to press A, press X 100 times in a row to take out the wood.

And is there no way to tell how much money you have unless you are talking to a shop keeper?

And I've just started the dungeon crawling: I destroyed a monster generator and the next time I went back in the cave it respawed?! Am I gonna have to refight monsters over and over again as I run from dungeon to dungeon watering my crops? And if I get killed in a cave, I have to start the whole game over again! All that watering....

2. Nirmonculus

Nirmonculus GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 4, 2014
    Skip to Rune Factory 3. Don't bother with 1-2.

3. Voltshock R

Voltshock R Member

Newcomer
    Sep 26, 2014
    United States
    True the later versions do improve the mechanics. Yeah, there is a bunch of repetition in every version.
    But hey, I like Rune Factory 2. I feel the generation jump, dispite the drag-on, gives the story emotion. I would not say skip 2, but the first definitely had flaws.