Gaming Rune factory 1 OR 2

Sabri23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm thinking of starting with the game rune factory , but my friend has played rune factory 2 and he said that he dont liked and better can start with 1 , anyway , if you played both , please tell me wich wan was the best for you and with wich one i beter can start
yaynds.gif

I'm thinking i'l start with 1

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
I preferred the first game, I guess I just didn't like waiting until 2nd gen (in the second game) before dungeon crawling was necessary, not to mention you lose your good tools. Guess I might go back to the second game one of these days and just do a crapload of farming to get a crapload of money before going into the second gen, that'd probably make it a bit better for me considering the first time I had next to no money.

Ace-Killa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
i recommend going straight to RF2, since both of this games is repetitive... so why not after the better one? but honestly i really liked some of the characters in RF1 much better than RF2, even though they sounds like robot cause the lacks of conversations variation and all

Chrono Cross

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have played both of them and I have to say that Rune Factory 1 is more fun. The reason behind this is in Rune Factory 2 you start with all the upgrades and are limited to only certain areas until the next generation. So basically you have to play until you get to the next generation for the fun part.

KendoKhan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
one was better than 2 in my opinion its very straight forward and easy to figure out and play just try to mine as soon as possible for money, rune factory 2 throws in a little better mix into the game but it really suffers from bad cases of lag both on the original cart and on the dump, and i have not really experienced any bugs in RF1 compierd to RF2, just play both and pick for your self i cant wait for RF3 to come out.

Donato_Dobango

Trophies
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to vote for 1.

2 was a better game initially. Then SPOILERS: you get married and have a kid, suddenly the game jumps into the future and you play as your son or daughter with rusty tools with gameplay that's all about grinding invention and cooking skills. There's no fun in that second half of the game.

I did enjoy the first half, though. And getting to marry the cute witch so she makes it rain for free was a plus.

DarkJDL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd say you should try both and see which ever you prefer, I believe the 1st is easier than the 2nd;

I prefer the second for a couple reasons; but one that makes a lot of difference to me are the controls;
in the 1st you have to hold R to run, in the 2nd it's a toggle (it makes it more comfortable for me who has big hands VS DS's small buttons)
in the 2nd you can have two magics at once, one or Y and one on X, I don't recall the 1st having such.

I'd say it's all up to you, the 1st one is way more simple in my opinion.
Chances are that you'll complete the 1st one faster than the 2nd one.
If you don't mind repettitiveness, go for the 2nd.
I sometimes got lags in the 2nd when there was too many stuff on screen (3-4 npc + rain/stuff that falls from sky) but it's not big deal.

both are good. no doubts.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Probably because the game cover looks like it's meant for little kids +1