RUMOUR: Nintendo to anounce Wii 2 at E3 2011

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Normally, I love rumors, especially since a lot of the ones posted here come true. This one, however, is false.

Maybe E3 2012, but I'm putting my money that it will not happen in 2011. Nintendo would be stupid to undercut their own handheld. (Unless of course they have serious interconnectivity.)

Ace Overclocked

My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Bladexdsl said:
AlanJohn said:
...Nintendo is 2 genarations away in hardware specs though
actually they choose deliberately not to use the latest tech for a reason to cut down costs they also know simply adding a faster cpu/gpu doesn't make a console fun most true gamers know this
tongue.gif
yeah it's true what counts is INNOVATION not the cpu or the graphics

Cloak519

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think they might perhaps want the 3DS to settle down first.
If they go through with a Wii 2 almost straight away, the hardware side of the 3DS looks less impressive (people would be comparing it to a dead console) and the sales of either the 3DS or Wii 2 are likely to suffer as people save up for either one or the other alone.

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I believe it will be released next year at the E3(info)

I consider this as fake. A projector? Serious WTH do they think?

New features(speculation)

Bigger memory.(muchos bigger! 250 GB at least)
Improved graphics.(aka HD)
Biggest piracy stop we never saw before.
New much more comfortable controller.
3D option.
Better Online options.

etc. etc.

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think that the Wii 2 would be fine alongside the 3DS. Look at the GBA and GameCube, or DS Lite and Wii.

gokujr1000

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
I wouldn't be surprised if the Projector was added seeing Nintendo loves to try new things. And the Kinect like camera wouldn't surprise me either considering the Wii is one of the most interactive consoles out there, not including add-ons like Kinect and Move...

mkoo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
AlanJohn said:
... And you people only guessed it right now?
everything-we-know-about-wii-2-20101208003120426.jpg
Adaptive expectations eh?

This gen will last longer, as evidenced by X360.
As for what will wii successor be like.
I think it will have a innovation/gimmick.
Nintendo already told they considered having a glasses free 3d lcd screen built into gamecube but decided against it due to costs.

I don't expect Nintendo to make a console on par with PS3 even on next generation. I expect 720p as standard.
To be honest I'm not entirely aware of X360 and PS3's resolution capabilities.
If you believe better graphics makes better games 720p does not cut it actually.
On PC at least. I play my games at 1080p when possible.

I don't expect Nintendo do have an online service like XBox live. Nintendo has a parental view on online gaming.
They won't allow random people swearing to each other over voice chat.
On a strictly personal view it doesn't me any difference to me. To me gaming is a asocial experience on any platform.

blackdragonbaham

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
the part with the built-in projector is really implausible, the console would be unpayable for the common gamer if the screen projected by it would be clear and detailed enough, also why should they do that, everybody owns a television, would be wasted resources and money.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haven't read the rest of thread, but it would be really stupid for Nintendo to announce Wii2 now, since it would steal the 3DS thunder. I could possibly see next E3, but not this one.

Also, these rumors have been popping up for a while, Nintendo was supposedly showing "Wii HiFi" at last years E3 and "Wii HD" the year before that. Unsurprisingly, neither of these exist.

SylvWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
E3 this year sounds a little too soon. I'd expect a "Wii 2" announcement either by the end of this year or sometime next year (E3 2012) maybe. This particular rumor is hilarious, though (a Blu-Ray drive?
laugh.gif
).

And as a quick side-note to the "graphics don't matter" guys: generally they don't, but the Wii's missed out on a lot of great titles by being so behind the curve. It seems like a lot more games are multi-platform this generation, and it would be nice to see PC/360/PS3/Wii games without the Wii version being a mutilated down-port. I'm not saying there haven't been some nice 3rd party Wii exclusives, but there'd be a lot more on the table if it could get the multiplatforms as well.

mkoo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
redfalcon said:
Maybe they purchased some HD-DVD leftovers from Toshiba. Would certainly battle piracy since no HD-DVD recorders are available on the market as far as I know.

Not a bad idea actually. Remember Wii actually uses "Wii optical discs" not dvds
QUOTE(SylvWolf @ Mar 7 2011, 11:36 PM) E3 this year sounds a little too soon. I'd expect a "Wii 2" announcement either by the end of this year or sometime next year (E3 2012) maybe. This particular rumor is hilarious, though (a Blu-Ray drive?
laugh.gif
).

And as a quick side-note to the "graphics don't matter" guys: generally they don't, but the Wii's missed out on a lot of great titles by being so behind the curve. It seems like a lot more games are multi-platform this generation, and it would be nice to see PC/360/PS3/Wii games without the Wii version being a mutilated down-port. I'm not saying there haven't been some nice 3rd party Wii exclusives, but there'd be a lot more on the table if it could get the multiplatforms as well.
You're right about that. Next Nintendo console should meet minimum Unreal Engine requirements.
Again, from a purely subjective perspective, I don't care. I play those on the PC. But developed nations seems to prefer consoles, you're right.

SPH73

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's something I should have said in my previous post.

Seven Year Gen.

Also....

No Next-Gen system will have a bluray drive. None of them.

Yeah, you heard me.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who wrote this and why?
It's obviously some kid naming what they would like to see, not what would be.

Besides... Wii 2? Nintendo's just a little more creative than that. Wii Tuu would be a much better name.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: im fucking motivated