Rumour: Need for Speed No More?

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rumor has it that the Need for Speed series might be done with, at least for now. After the commercial slump that the current entry in the franchise is experiencing, it’s not hard to see why EA may want to halt development on future titles. EA director of communications Colin Macrae gave out this statement in regards to the rumor.

“We’re working through a process on people, products, and facilities at EA and don’t have any announcements today.”

While that doesn’t confirm a cancellation of the series, it certainly doesn’t make things look good.

News Source: 1UP

NiGHtS

Trophies
XP
Country
IMO they went downhill after the second underground...the new ones bring nothing fresh to the series

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Wouldn't like that the Need for Speed goes away, I still kinda enjoy it
smile.gif

Although I must say that the last Pro Street, Carbon and Most Wanted just didn't innovate.
They were good downloads though for me, but I would never buy them.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My favorite was the first three in the series.
Especially the first game.
I'd play the PC demo over and over again just to crash into something and watch the car flip about.
Also the realistic feel of the races for the time was a fun challenge.
The newer ones sorta took that away and when you crashed you just ended up stopping like you hit a bumber car, cept no satisfiying bump either.

Hopefully this will give them more time to work on one that returns to what made the first so good.
Plus work on some new projects perhaps.

Joey R.

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is what happens when you release a new game in a franchise every year, with little improvement in each installment: the series gets boring. The market was saturated with NFS games, specially after Underground. Let it rest for three or four years, then try to get something original, please.

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Joey R. said:
This is what happens when you release a new game in a franchise every year, with little improvement in each installment: the series gets boring. The market was saturated with NFS games, specially after Underground. Let it rest for three or four years, then try to get something original, please.

+1

Well said...er i mean typed.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
EA is re-releasing the same game year after year.. I loved the first NFS game on the PSX and the 2 first Underground games.. the first NFSU was something new and very welcome.. now, the ones after that were all the same thing.. They really should leave the thing until they have something significant to add to it.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still say Porsche Unleashed was the best NFS. It had a good sense of realistic handling that ALL the rest of the NFS games can't seem to match. Only thing that gets "updated" now are graphics. The control has gotten....more generic.

I hope NFS games don't stop, but I do wish they would make ones that are more FUN and not so based on street gangs and whatnot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: what a bout call of duty