RUMOR - Wii U to have more than 1 GB of RAM

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
ram is as cheap as chips now i say put as much as they want in it!
I'm with this guy... Ram is cheap. No need to be an idiot and sneak with it. Just throw in 2gb+.
That way they can have plenty of stuff running and everything in the memory.
Big real time strategy games can easily run off to 1gigabyte of ram usage.
What they usually need to have:
1. Download manager, 2. Actual Game, 3. OS in background with notifications and instant messaging

What else could be added?
* Browser with it's tabs.
Then I can't really come to think of anything else.

Or they could do something radical and weird and add like 64gigabyte of ram. Then use like 60gigabyte+ for the game only and stream the whole game into the memory while playing. :)
First stream the locations around the current play events, then stream the rest of the game meanwhile. A bit overkill and probably will never be used :P

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Nintendo is building this thing like a 2005 gaming pc minus the heavy os!

consoles dont work the same as a pc

they can have less ram

I aleady knew that shit head.
The current 360 and PS3 can play some pretty good games, if you compare a let's say... Skyrim for example, which is a recent tittle with it's PC version, can see a few dif's, not that big of a difference graphical wise, although most games that are released on the PC and on other platforms are usually watered down a little, they still manage to look pretty good.
Now, seeing as it's assumed the Wii U is more powerful than the PS3 and the 360, how would that be the same as a 2005 computer?

silver_ryder

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nintendo won't ever advance their graphics to anything hyper realistic because they're too afraid of losing their child audience, kid friendly games with uber realistic graphics doesn't do so well. If they make a realistic Zelda, with Havok engine detail, guaranteed to be atleast T.
Wii was the exception, SNES, N64 and GC Where far more powerful....

Blindness is terrible...!

Some one remember to call a game "Casual" and that spread like a virus, marketing at is best...

Reactions: 1 person

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo won't ever advance their graphics to anything hyper realistic because they're too afraid of losing their child audience, kid friendly games with uber realistic graphics doesn't do so well. If they make a realistic Zelda, with Havok engine detail, guaranteed to be atleast T.

You sir have no idea what you're talking about. Games are not rated based on whether they are realistic or cartoony. Games are rated based on "content". By your definition, they could make Conker's Bad Fur Day rated E for everyone by using cel-shading.

Reactions: 4 people

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
they can have less ram
well shit head dont say they are building like 2005 pc by that logic the Ps3 is a 2001 pc because all it uses is 512mb of ram
I can't say that I've heard of regular-run-down-the-mill PC's based on multi-core PowerPC Cell CPU's being popular in 2005.

Consoles != PC's

Completely different hardware requirements/built.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal

they can have less ram

Classify him as a Nintendo fanboy that is true, but please... Everyone deserves some respect. He is indeed stating a true fact.

On topic: I predict the Wii U to have like 1.5GB of RAM. Maybe more maybe less. I just hope Nintendo knows how to utilize it properly.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
if you had any idea what you were talking about or even knew your history you'd know that the snes, 64 and gamecube all had beefy gfx and power from the very start. this used to work good in the past just vs sega but now times have changed and gfx and power is no longer the driving force in consoles.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Not trolling?
Well that's unfortunate.

I'm not sure what you're saying, actually.

Are you implying that Nintendo will never implement powerful graphics because that would ruin the art style of their games? Well that's pants on head retarded. That's like saying you can't run TF2 on a GTX 590 because it's not realistic enough.

Or are you perhaps saying that Nintendo has no need for good graphics hardware, on account of their IPs being stylized? That's wrong too. There are a lot of ways a stylized game can take advantage of good graphical hardware.

Maybe you're just trying to throw a bad spin on the fact that Nintendo will never make Mario hyper-realistic. And, uh, yeah. They won't. What of it?

Either way, I can't read any sense into your post. Regardless of what Nintendo needs to make their first party IPs, they must attract 3rd party devs to the console. They can't make all the games themselves. So they've gotta throw some good hardware in there.

Want to clarify?

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe you're just trying to throw a bad spin on the fact that Nintendo will never make Mario hyper-realistic. And, uh, yeah. They won't. What of it?
Wait, you mean they wouldn't? Man, I was so hoping for this.
mario-full-hd-L-2.jpeg

:P :3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: is gta v or call of duty still up?