Rumor: Wii U 50% More Powerful Than PS3

NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU

Now with extra redundancy!
Trophies
XP
Country
gamefreak94 said:
Why is everyone talking about the new PS(insert number here)? o.O
I thought Sony already announced that they won't be making a new home console until the ps3 has been 10 years old, and is working on a newer version of the ps3 that will just improve it graphic wise.
And graphics aren't really going to get THAT much better anyways. Did you guys see BattleField BC3 graphics? That's almost realistic graphics already!
No Sony hasn't said that. They said that the PS3 would last for ten years. The PS2 has lasted for 11 years and is still going, even though the PS3 came out in 2006.
Sony still probably won't release a console until late 2013/2014 though anyway, so it's still a while off.

JonthanD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People keep hammering about 50% more power isn't that much. Too bad they missed the part where the PS3 and the 360 could pump out much better graphics if they had more RAM the reason you don't see that many native 1080P games for either system is that once you hit that resolution the number of pixels and bit depth along with some code kind of eat up a lot of RAM.

~256MB's really isn't that much video RAM (at least the 360 can swipe some from system RAM)

The rumors I have read put the Wii-U at 1GB GDDR5 in the video department and 512MB for system RAM. Plenty of room for HD graphics. These rumors I doubt to be honest I bet Nintendo puts the GPU RAM at 512MB's because it will be cheaper and be enough to run honest 1080P games, still the 1GB would be nice for Havoc support, Havoc being ATI's version of Nvidia's PhysX.

I have high hopes for the next generation of consoles, maybe I will finally get some ports that can take advantage of my computer's hardware.

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1234turtles said:
im not saying that its just nintendo always been behind in graphics, and ps3 is as good as graphics is probably going to get
actually that's not true.
the N64 was more powerful than the PS1 and the Game Cube while it had less disc capacity, was graphically more powerful than the ps2.
not that it made a difference in hardware sales or popularity those gens, it just explains why Nintendo is so reluctant to make a overly powerful console, they don't want a expensive piece of hardware to try and push if it doesn't sell well.

Serina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wolffangalchemist said:
1234turtles said:
im not saying that its just nintendo always been behind in graphics, and ps3 is as good as graphics is probably going to get
actually that's not true.
the N64 was more powerful than the PS1 and the Game Cube while it had less disc capacity, was graphically more powerful than the ps2.
not that it made a difference in hardware sales or popularity those gens, it just explains why Nintendo is so reluctant to make a overly powerful console, they don't want a expensive piece of hardware to try and push if it doesn't sell well.

...what.

I played PS2 games, and I played Gamecube games. I remember the PS2 games as looking (quite) a bit nicer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :shy::blush: +1