Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Seems interesting. Well, it's possible, but I wouldn't count on it. Of course, it will definately make online gaming on a Nintendo handheld really easy.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Did anyone even read the article? Theres no rumor of Nintendo using 3G. Its just Gizmodo assuming crap. Iwata says he likes the Kindle business model because thats the only way digital distribution makes sense to him (not chraging the same amount as the physical product). That isn't him saying "3g ftw" or anything! Red people, read!

....but I must admit I hope this would come true. Its the perfect way to get games on the go and having online wireless anywhere would be amazing. I really hate the wifi on ds.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dinofan01 said:
Did anyone even read the article? Theres no rumor of Nintendo using 3G. Its just Gizmodo assuming crap. Iwata says he likes the Kindle business model because thats the only way digital distribution makes sense to him (not chraging the same amount as the physical product). That isn't him saying "3g ftw" or anything! Red people, read!

....but I must admit I hope this would come true. Its the perfect way to get games on the go and having online wireless anywhere would be amazing. I really hate the wifi on ds.

Totes true.

Nintendo has never been one to add "fluff" to their consoles. Not saying 3G is "fluff", but they're pretty just gaming and that's it. N64? Just games (the PSX could play music, right?). Gamecube? Just games (Xbox and PS2 could play movies and music). Wii? Just games (Xbox and PS3 can play movies, DVD and Bluray respectively). DS? Just games (outside of Pictochat and flashcarts, while the PSP can watch movies, play music, etc). And most casual consumers, which is what Nintendo is targeting, wouldn't be all too interested in paying a lot more for 3G service. Most casual gamers will go buy shovelware/casual puzzle games and play that and not do much else with their DS.

stab244

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nook doesn't have SIM card even though it uses AT&T... What's your point?

And yes, based on what I read, it seems like it will be like the Kindle or Nook where you just buy the device and you have access to internet. I think it might be Sprint in America since they're pretty eager to license of some of their spectrum for such purposes. *Points to Kindle*

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thordrian said:
Rock Raiyu said:
From another thread....

Thordrian said:
Next week I'll leak info of the true successor to the DS which I'll call it Nintendo DSi3g and I'll make some bad art for it as well as make up specs. I have insider information but I wont say who from.

And that is how to increase site traffic.

Wtf Thordrian, how do you do it?
unsure.gif
I told you guys before, I work for Nintendo.

I'm gonna get your arses arrested.
gbasp.gif

ph34r.gif
I'll keep that in mind.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
dinofan01 said:

Totes true.

Nintendo has never been one to add "fluff" to their consoles. Not saying 3G is "fluff", but they're pretty just gaming and that's it. N64? Just games (the PSX could play music, right?). Gamecube? Just games (Xbox and PS2 could play movies and music). Wii? Just games (Xbox and PS3 can play movies, DVD and Bluray respectively). DS? Just games (outside of Pictochat and flashcarts, while the PSP can watch movies, play music, etc). And most casual consumers, which is what Nintendo is targeting, wouldn't be all too interested in paying a lot more for 3G service. Most casual gamers will go buy shovelware/casual puzzle games and play that and not do much else with their DS.

As far as I am concered the DSi could play music. And the Wii could play music threw the Photo Channel.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*