RUMOR New Donkey Kong Game Coming To Nintendo 3DS?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Would you prefer Super Donkey Kong, Donkey kong 64, Donkey Kong Advance, or Donkey Kong DS?

It's not this release per se, it's just that the trend is becoming overwhelming, and quite frankly my faith that there are going to be some great original titles to balance things out is waning. On all those platforms you mention (albeit by implication) there are plenty of other more original titles to balance things out...i know we're only a year in but i'd have expected at least some risks being taken.

Critica1

Trophies
Website
www.onehitgamer.com
XP
Country
United States
I would even be content with more Donkey Kong on the Virtual Console, but a new Donkey Kong for the 3DS would be awesome! I hope it will stick to its sidescrolling roots or maybe having the same concept of 8-directional movement like Super Mario 3D Land!

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Would you prefer Super Donkey Kong, Donkey kong 64, Donkey Kong Advance, or Donkey Kong DS?

It's not this release per se, it's just that the trend is becoming overwhelming, and quite frankly my faith that there are going to be some great original titles to balance things out is waning. On all those platforms you mention (albeit by implication) there are plenty of other more original titles to balance things out...i know we're only a year in but i'd have expected at least some risks being taken.
Oh, you're complaining about rehashing, not naming schemes

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Are you saying the Wii version was bad? I actually thought they did a pretty good job at making that game. The 3DS is a whole new handheld, sure I wouldn't mind few remakes, but if people keep on demanding remakes, then it's not going to be a Nintendo 3DS, but a Portendo 3DS just like Foxi said. We want new games and yes we are currently getting few new worthy titles, but I think people would want a new game for Donkey Kong instead of a remake since Nintendo did show potential in the Wii version.

Are you talking Donkey Kong Country Returns?
That's the only one I can think of. It's alright, but it was no where near the fun of DK64.
Comparing the two would be pretty asinine. I'm talking a new and fun 3D (not..3DS 3D, just 3D in general) DK game. I love the Country games but DK64 is in a league of its own, really. It's sad that it NEVER saw a sequel.

There's a reason so many N64 games get ported to 3DS. It's easier to take a series in its prime than try to create that epicness all over again. Sure, it's lazy, but it's also realistic. I have to say my favorite games in any given Nintendo series, were the N64 games. DK64, Super Mario 64, Kirby 64, Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask, Starfox 64, etc. I've never had as much fun with those series as I did on the N64. None of the subsequent games ever even come close. The only reason any game gets "close" tends to be because they're the same game, like SM64 DS, and OOT/Starfox 3D. No matter how much people bitch, the masses will buy it.

Nostalgia glasses or not, i'd buy a 3DS remake/port of any of those N64 games, since they're genuinely great games and hell, I don't mind paying a fee to have 'em on the go.

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welcome back in the N64 era where every title needed a "64" at the end.

Thank heavens i picked a Playstation over the N64 in the end.....

But even then the N64 has some great original titles. More and more it seems that it'll be an eternity before there are some real gems on the 3DS that will distinguish it as it's own animal.

how does a name affect how a game is play

xist please be real for 1 day ;O;

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Welcome back in the N64 era where every title needed a "64" at the end.

Thank heavens i picked a Playstation over the N64 in the end.....

But even then the N64 has some great original titles. More and more it seems that it'll be an eternity before there are some real gems on the 3DS that will distinguish it as it's own animal.

You just said it yourself that you don't like the naming scheme.

I beg you, don't cry. No need to argue - we all support you on this one. For once. :P

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country

What? Can you name a franchise where games of the same naming trend are radically different? Because it's generally the case that they're not.

And last time i checked the 3DS is over a year old now.

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

What? Can you name a franchise where games of the same naming trend are radically different? Because it's generally the case that they're not.

And last time i checked the 3DS is over a year old now.

Nice happy birthday

also this name thing also happens in movies why wont the give them proper names i dont know

GuyLuigi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Have you seen the Multiplayer´s web?, already can be purchased the following games (almost all of them with temporary covers):

-Donkey Kong 3DS
-Kirby 3D
-Dragon Quest 3DS
-Final Fantasy 3DS
-Layton vs Ace Attorney
-Layton 5 (with the italian name)
-Dragon Ball 3DS
-Rodea the Skyfighter
-Paper Mario 3DS
-Luigis Mansion 2
-Animal Crossing 3D

Smash Bros. no trace. And the image of DK3D on the web appears Jungle Climber´s artworks rather than Country Returns artworks....

It smells a fake xD or possibly in this shop have revealed the E3 lineup of the 3DS...

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Funny how names go. You'd think "Final Fantasy", yet how many times has it not been final?
The name Final Fantasy refers to the circumstances in which the game was born, it doesn't refer to the game itself.

Square was in deep financial trouble, they were preparing to leave the buisness altogether as they were nearing bankrupy. They figured that they will release one final game to commemorate their efforts, one last ditch at breaking even and called it "Final Fantasy". Of course in consequence they've created an entirely new genre of games, the game sold like hotcakes and soon enough the company was back on their feet. A miracle.

Changing this name would be a bad thing to do, Final Fantasy literally is Square, it became a symbol. It's actually sort of touching... "Final Fantasy", a final dream of up until then misunderstood developers in desparate need... Who would've thought the tables would turn like that?

Reactions: 3 people

rt141

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't seem very legit... the next SSB was kind of hinted for 2014, in that picture the "preorder" box says it'll come out this year.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
I see it's right next to Super Smash Bros. 3DS on which the works hadn't even started yet.
no. its just been thought of
The game will be in development as soon as Kid Icarus: Uprising is released, or so says the lead programmer, Masahiro Sakurai.

Thought it was when it was completed (which I'm sure it has been for a bit), since they don't have a lot going on while the game is published onto physical media.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I see it's right next to Super Smash Bros. 3DS on which the works hadn't even started yet.
no. its just been thought of
The game will be in development as soon as Kid Icarus: Uprising is released, or so says the lead programmer, Masahiro Sakurai.

Thought it was when it was completed (which I'm sure it has been for a bit), since they don't have a lot going on while the game is published onto physical media.
Yeah, that's pretty much what I meant, I just worded it crudely. :P

In any case, they only recently started working on it, if they even started yet (everybody needs a vacation after a long development cycle) so we're looking at a year or two of waiting, if not longer.

Doesn't seem very legit... the next SSB was kind of hinted for 2014, in that picture the "preorder" box says it'll come out this year.
I don't think stores would BS people like this... Or would they? :unsure:
With the ammount of pre-orders I've seen for the Crown3DS, nothing will ever shock me again.

@[member='raulpica']

Hi! I used the forbidden name, catch me if you can! :P

Reactions: 4 people

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Hopefully your not like south of Tampa they got flooding