Australia
nintendo this is what we want
FT5SW7GG8XPHWJ7.MEDIUM.jpg

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would hate this controller. I just want a f***ing controller that is simple like an xbox or playstation controller. I like how nintendo try different things but their different controllers haven't always had the best history.

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
I love how everyone starts screaming "fake!!!!!" even though it's clearly stated it's a rumor. Real or not isn't so interesting to me as the question whether it would be a GOOD controller.

And I'd say it has at least some potential. I'm not sure why, but on the photo it's just an oval shape, but the 9B image shows handles underneath the hand like a PS4 controller has. So I really think it would be roughly the same size as that one. And it would be logical that they've tuned things down a bit after the flak they got from the huge-ass wiiu controller.

Though it would probably be a touchscreen, I think it severely lacks buttons. Heck...even the wiimote had more, and that often required a nunchuck.
The most bizarre thing is the screen size. What's the point of an oval screen, other than a "look what we can make!!!" reason? It's not like it opens up potential, and due to the position of the thumbsticks, you'll ALWAYS be covering a part of it with your hands. So...I don't want to blindly follow the "FAKEEEEEE!!!!!"-screaming crowd, but this sort of screen design really shouldn't have passed more than a concept phase.
I'm with you, it could work but as I start to imagine how it would fare in reality then I face palm.

If you where to hold the controller normally yes, you will obstruct part of the screen around the sticks but let's not forget that the screen is tactile, and you will inevitably touch it and lots of unwanted touch inputs will occur.
The lack of physical buttons could be sorted out with Tactus technology but I'm not confident enough about it. Maybe they have something down the sleeve and there are physical buttons behind the screen like a notebook clickpad but who knows.

ATM I'm like
QJYKErO.gif

Reactions: Bladexdsl
S

Saiyan Lusitano

The Wii U GamePad was a terrible idea but even so it still worked fine enough as a home console controller, this on the other hand looks to be a weird hybrid of a Wiimote with a smartphone screen and touchscreen. Just no. If the next Nintendo home console doesn't have a traditional controller then I'm done with Ninty.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

touch based controller seens like junk for me .. I really don't like "touch buttons" because we can't fell pressing them :P

Not just that but think how you'd play games that need precise controls, such as Mario Kart, Smash Bros. and others.

nintendo this is what we want
FT5SW7GG8XPHWJ7.MEDIUM.jpg

It'd just be good for 2D fighting games and retro but the rest? Analogue stick.

I like the GameCube controller more. :P

Definitely!

I would hate this controller. I just want a f***ing controller that is simple like an xbox or playstation controller. I like how nintendo try different things but their different controllers haven't always had the best history.

Exactly!

FUCK no that was one of the worst controllers they made. the WUPC is slightly better.

WUPC is a really good controller with the exception of the top right analogue stick and the digital triggers. WHY DIGITAL TRIGGERS? :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Nobody is reading what you post.