*RUMOR* Leaked NX Controller

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remember when everyone tough THIS was fake ? But was the closest leak about the WiiU ?

Nintendo-Wii-2-Project-Cage-Touchscreen-Controller.jpg

That wasn't a real prototype, just a fan's early interpretation on the leaked specs of the Wii U gamepad. The only known gamepad prototype that exists was the one Nintendo first showed off with the slider pads. What was designed there was based on known leaked specs of the controller. Nothing concrete has leaked about the NX controller at all, so it seems to me that all we're seeing here is a fan's interpretation of what the controller may be based on a very crude patent design.

nolimits59

Trophies
XP
Country
France
That wasn't a real prototype, just a fan's early interpretation on the leaked specs of the Wii U gamepad. The only known gamepad prototype that exists was the one Nintendo first showed off with the slider pads. What was designed there was based on known leaked specs of the controller. Nothing concrete has leaked about the NX controller at all, so it seems to me that all we're seeing here is a fan's interpretation of what the controller may be based on a very crude patent design.

Kinda disagree, the only early "prototype mockups" we had with the WiiU where theses
Nintendo-Wii-2-Console.jpg

Then the other "mockup leak" came after without real informations since, 2 months before the E3 IIRC

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you look around and below the right stick, there's arrows and some face 'buttons' there, looking like they're just rendered on the screen.

I know, but as foolish as Nintendo has been in the pay, they aren't dumb enough to ditch the 4 gave buttons (and start/select) in favor of all digital buttons (aside from triggers). Unless as I mentioned Nintendo is designing some wood phone thing on the side, but I really doubt that's the case as well.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Nintendo just needs to stop being cute and release a $50-100 console.

The most popular platform this gen is basically a CPU + Controller.
The message here is simple: people are tired of gimmicks and just want great games.

GalladeGuy

Cool and Epic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that Nintendo should just focus mainly on handhelds instead of consoles. Look at the sales (Units! Not dollars!) of their handhelds compared to their consoles:

SNES/NES: 110 mil COMBINED --- GB: 200+ mil
N64/GC: 53 mil COMBINED --- GBA: 81 mil
Wii/WiiU: 113 mil COMBINED --- NDS: 154 mil (and that's not even counting the 3DS's 60 mil units (and counting) sold!)

Let's be honest. Is there really anyone here who thinks that any company other than Nintendo pretty much owns the entire handheld market? Just stick to what you're good at Ninty. The PS5 will probably crush NX sales anyways.

Last edited by GalladeGuy,

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
8eNQb.jpg

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kinda disagree, the onlyearly "prototype mockups" we had with the WiiU where theses
Nintendo-Wii-2-Console.jpg

Then the other "mockup leak" came after without real informations since, 2 months before the E3 IIRC

Didn't say mockup. I'm talking about the real prototypes of the controller that officially existed:

wiiu_gamepad_final.jpg

though, yes, Nintendo did also show a much earlier prototype I had forgotten of just a screen with two wii motes tethered to the sides. And later there was the other prototype in this thread close to the real thing but still not quite finalized. But these sketches and renders of the Wii U controllers were not real at all, just fan designs based on the leaked info of what the controller would be at the time. Because that info did leak, some of the renders did get close, but they were still just that: fan renders.

Last edited by duffmmann,
Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast