Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Why can't we have a hybrid console? The NX is supposed to be such, but the patents leave a lot to be desired.. This "leak" is very off-putting.

We need a console that allows a DS type of hardware to use as a controller, and doubles as the portable aspect. But no.. This may very well be what we get.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why can't we have a hybrid console? The NX is supposed to be such, but the patents leave a lot to be desired.. This "leak" is very off-putting.

We need a console that allows a DS type of hardware to use as a controller, and doubles as the portable aspect. But no.. This may very well be what we get.

I guarantee this is not the NX in either of its rumored forms. Perhaps it's something else Nintendo has in the works, but I even doubt that. Nintendo has so many patents that never see a finalized form or when they do they look drastically different than the images in the early patent designs.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I guarantee this is not the NX in either of its rumored forms. Perhaps it's something else Nintendo has in the works, but I even doubt that. Nintendo has so many patents that never see a finalized firm or when they do they look drastically different than the images in the early patent designs.
I'm a skeptic. I haven't even bought the WiiU because of the required tablet. I loved the Wii, and I love the 3ds. If this is separate from the NX, then it just needs to disappear as it will make no sense.

Nintendo is playing a dangerous game this time around. While they can float by on what they've got, they can still lose it all.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a skeptic. I haven't even bought the WiiU because of the required tablet. I loved the Wii, and I love the 3ds. If this is separate from the NX, then it just needs to disappear as it will make no sense.

Nintendo is playing a dangerous game this time around. While they can float by on what they've got, they can still lose it all.

The NX is obviously going to be playing it safe, yeah it likely will be a hybrid portable and home console, but third party developers have stated it is very easy to port their games to the console. That being the case, why would Nintendo make a console up to par with the competition, while being a very friendly system to work for, but then go and make a nonsense controller for it? 3rd party games would be next to unplayable without face buttons.

Last edited by duffmmann,

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks confusing... If I were to use that controller, wouldn't my hand cover up part of the screen, and make playing some games annoying and confusing?

Last edited by Viri,
Reactions: ElYubiYubi

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
HEY NINTENDO
giphy-facebook_s.jpg

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I love how everyone starts screaming "fake!!!!!" even though it's clearly stated it's a rumor. Real or not isn't so interesting to me as the question whether it would be a GOOD controller.

And I'd say it has at least some potential. I'm not sure why, but on the photo it's just an oval shape, but the 9B image shows handles underneath the hand like a PS4 controller has. So I really think it would be roughly the same size as that one. And it would be logical that they've tuned things down a bit after the flak they got from the huge-ass wiiu controller.

Though it would probably be a touchscreen, I think it severely lacks buttons. Heck...even the wiimote had more, and that often required a nunchuck.
The most bizarre thing is the screen size. What's the point of an oval screen, other than a "look what we can make!!!" reason? It's not like it opens up potential, and due to the position of the thumbsticks, you'll ALWAYS be covering a part of it with your hands. So...I don't want to blindly follow the "FAKEEEEEE!!!!!"-screaming crowd, but this sort of screen design really shouldn't have passed more than a concept phase.

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
What the fuck?

@MarcusD

I wanna know what the hell was blacked out.

Same here. I guess showing the black thing would prove it fake. I mean, why would someone punch holes on the screen to put joysticks on it? AND WHERE ARE THE BUTTONS?! THERE ARE AT LEAST FOUR BUTTONS MISSING!!!
I guess it's a homemade project by someone who has a lot of munz. The black thing may be a RasPI, and the cable is connected to the GPIO port.

Edit: where is the home button? Power? Cartridge slot? Volume?
Declared fake, that's all folks!

Last edited by Sono,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: I have a number of geriatric relatives.